Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Threads started in wrong section
02-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Threads started in wrong section
Recently it seems that a certain individual is starting threads in sections that have nothing to do with the content of the thread. In most cases, there is another section that is specifically set up for that content.

Should there be a "three strikes" rule here, so that three misplaced threads would result in that individual losing the ability to start any new threads for a week or a month?

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2010, 08:11 AM
RE: Threads started in wrong section
(02-15-2010 08:02 AM)Stereophonic Wrote:  Recently it seems that a certain individual is starting threads in sections that have nothing to do with the content of the thread. In most cases, there is another section that is specifically set up for that content.

Should there be a "three strikes" rule here, so that three misplaced threads would result in that individual losing the ability to start any new threads for a week or a month?

ANNOUNCEMENT: Threads started in the wrong section, most especially threads started by persons not of that particular religious persuasion and having as a clear intent the criticism of that religious persuasion will henceforth be reviewed for possible Warning. Possible Warning categories range from 'off topic' (5%) at one end to 'Personal Attack' (20%) at the other extreme, with various possibiities in between.
02-15-2010, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 08:56 AM by Ahmadi.)
Please do not be so strict. It was an innocent over sight. In this forum, I just see myself as a Muslim talking to his Christian brethren and sisters, that is why every thing, I started, was ending up in the Christian forum. I will try to be more specific, but if I make a mistake, perhaps it takes only two clicks to move it to a different forum. I was once a moderator for 1-2 months.

At any rate I will try my best.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-15-2010, 11:44 AM
(02-15-2010 08:55 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  Please do not be so strict. It was an innocent over sight. In this forum, I just see myself as a Muslim talking to his Christian brethren and sisters, that is why every thing, I started, was ending up in the Christian forum. I will try to be more specific, but if I make a mistake, perhaps it takes only two clicks to move it to a different forum. I was once a moderator for 1-2 months.

At any rate I will try my best.

Read what I said again.

"...reviewed for possible Warning"

There are no kneejerk reactions around here. I did not say that you or anyone else cannot post or even start a thread in any Christian forum. It is simply a matter of mutual respect. For example, a thread started by a Christian in the Islam forum that criticized basic Islamic beliefs would be unwelcome. And if that criticism betrayed a serious misunderstanding of those beliefs it would be approaching insult. Likewise an atheist who started a thread trashing belief in God in the Christianity section.

It is not that there is any restriction on topics of discussion. (Other than those that are patently offensive in themselves, of course.) It is the perception of invasiveness and the feeling of disrespect it engenders. If anyone wishes to start a thread discussing a religion other than one's own, there is always General Religion.
06-21-2015, 05:33 AM
I'm not sure where to post this but I choose here rather than start a new thread.

You might (or might not) be interested in the observations of a 'newbie' but here are mine.

From past forum experiences I have come to expect 'rules' to be prominent right at the top of things, and for introductions to follow closely below.

I'm an old man with little to preoccupy my immobility other than to interact with people on the internet via forums so, when I joined, and in my haste to 'pitch in', I 'missed' both the 'Rules' and the 'Introductions' threads which were right at the end/bottom.

I wouldn't expect changes to be made as a result of my comments but I would ask for forbearance until I have 'caught up'.

Also, in trying to get to know who is who amongst members likely to read and to post, I resorted to the member list but found that to be wholly unhelpful because of the vast multitude of names who are either banned or otherwise virtually non existent.

Just a couple of thoughts from a dumbo newbie. Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2015, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 08:14 AM by Herminator.)
Good suggestions can come from anybody, so calling yourself a "dumbo newbie" is not necessary here Smile

I agree it would be useful to have one heading "Forum rules" somewhere at the top of the page.

Funnily, when I saw this thread revived, I assumed it was someone complaining about a person that is currently opening threads all over the place (of which many have already been merged into his blog) Big Grin

This person also has not read the rules, because next to opening threads, he has also been threatening people with "the wrath from God". This is also prohibited by forum rules... a nice case in point!

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
06-21-2015, 04:45 PM
(06-21-2015 07:02 AM)Herminator Wrote:  Good suggestions can come from anybody, so calling yourself a "dumbo newbie" is not necessary here Smile

I agree it would be useful to have one heading "Forum rules" somewhere at the top of the page.

Funnily, when I saw this thread revived, I assumed it was someone complaining about a person that is currently opening threads all over the place (of which many have already been merged into his blog) Big Grin

This person also has not read the rules, because next to opening threads, he has also been threatening people with "the wrath from God". This is also prohibited by forum rules... a nice case in point!

You are bearing false witness against me, You know as well as I do that those were not my words, your beef is with God, not me.
06-21-2015, 05:04 PM
(06-21-2015 04:45 PM)Robert William Wrote:  
(06-21-2015 07:02 AM)Herminator Wrote:  Good suggestions can come from anybody, so calling yourself a "dumbo newbie" is not necessary here Smile

You are bearing false witness against me, You know as well as I do that those were not my words, your beef is with God, not me.

This was not about you. If you had bothered to really read my message, you would have noted that I mentioned someone with a blog in which many of his threads were merged. You don't have that, ergo, this was not about you (it was in fact about your BCS friend Chika).

It thus seems you suffer from a persecution complex, but even then, I don't have a beef with you, nor with your god. I have never seen any evidence for the existence of a god, therefore I don't believe one exists. It's not useful to have a beef with something that doesn't exist Wink

06-21-2015, 05:14 PM
(06-21-2015 05:04 PM)Herminator Wrote:  

This was not about you. If you had bothered to really read my message, you would have noted that I mentioned someone with a blog in which many of his threads were merged. You don't have that, ergo, this was not about you (it was in fact about your BCS friend Chika).

It thus seems you suffer from a persecution complex, but even then, I don't have a beef with you, nor with your god. I have never seen any evidence for the existence of a god, therefore I don't believe one exists. It's not useful to have a beef with something that doesn't exist Wink

I'm not buying your deception.
06-21-2015, 11:37 PM
(06-21-2015 05:14 PM)Robert William Wrote:  
(06-21-2015 05:04 PM)Herminator Wrote:  

I'm not buying your deception.

I couldn't care one way or the other. You really should learn to properly read people's messages, instead of shooting off on assumed attacks against you personally.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can you link to other web articles? Is it bad to write in old threads? rako17 7 324 04-03-2017 04:36 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Keeping threads on-topic Phoenix97 65 3,971 08-29-2016 06:42 PM
Last Post: PeterPants
  Can blog section be used to solicit funds? Sburke 24 2,507 01-24-2016 08:12 AM
Last Post: clarence clutterbuck
  Debate section? shiverleaf15 12 1,679 05-02-2013 07:45 AM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Complaint section EqualAtheist 77 7,329 12-23-2012 11:37 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  New Posters and New Threads Visqueen 42 5,417 10-30-2012 06:20 AM
  Another Section/subsection EqualAtheist 1 541 03-13-2011 09:11 PM
  What's with the 'religions of the world' section? Wilder 1 709 06-10-2010 09:37 PM
Last Post: Holy Babylon
  A Religious Art Section? Zagreus 9 1,766 08-30-2009 01:34 PM
Last Post: Zagreus

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)