Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time for Gun Control!
10-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Time for Gun Control!
Stephen Paddock armed with fully automatic rifles was horrifically able to fire off hundreds of rounds from his 32nd floor hotel room in Las Vegas at a crowd of country music concert attendees over a brief period of mere minutes. Such hellfire resulted in dozens of deaths and hundreds of serious injuries. No person should be allowed to possess the means to kill so many so quickly. Fully automatic weapons should be totally banned from society. I'm no weapons expert, but if semi-auto rifles can be converted into fully automatic weapons, then these weapons need to be strictly controlled. Nobody should possess the means to take away so many beautiful lives in a matter of mere minutes!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: Time for Gun Control!
(10-02-2017 11:50 AM)BornAgain Wrote:  I'm no weapons expert,

So why consider your opinion on the matter? Also please explain how criminals and those willing to break laws care about rules and restrictions?

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2017, 12:16 PM
(10-02-2017 12:10 PM)Satyros Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 11:50 AM)BornAgain Wrote:  I'm no weapons expert,

So why consider your opinion on the matter? Also please explain how criminals and those willing to break laws care about rules and restrictions?

I think dangerous high powered rapid firing weapons should be kept under the tight control of the military, so nobody can obtain them to massacre innocent people on the streets. I'[m sick and tired of this senseless gun violence in our society!
10-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Until someone in the military is swayed by money, and the black market offers them in illicit deals. Because that's never happened before.

10-02-2017, 12:25 PM
(10-02-2017 12:18 PM)Satyros Wrote:  Until someone in the military is swayed by money, and the black market offers them in illicit deals. Because that's never happened before.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any incident of a U.S. soldier/policeman spraying auto weapons fire upon unarmed and unsuspecting Americans who were just trying to enjoy a music festival. Weapons of mass-destruction don't belong in the hands of ordinary citizens on the streets of America!
10-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Fort Hood shooting.

10-02-2017, 12:54 PM
(10-02-2017 12:42 PM)Satyros Wrote:  Fort Hood shooting.

Didn't that happen on a military base instead of on the street?
10-02-2017, 01:25 PM
It's past time for gun control. But it'll never come. If it didn't come after someone went in and killed 20 children under the age of 10, people aren't going to do anything now. They love their compensation devices more than they care about human beings.

"Bad guys don't follow laws!"

..And? Does that mean laws are meaningless? So we should just go ahead and legalize murder I guess. Because killers aren't going to follow the law anyway.

Oh right, we should have stricter gun control because IT WORKS IN ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES. Look at Australia. The UK. They don't have these shootings like we do. Making it harder for a criminal to get a gun will absolutely have an effect on mass shootings.

"If they really want a gun, they'll find a way to get one!"

So they're now infinitely resourceful? Let's not pretend like these mass shooters are criminals who have massive contacts with the gun black market, and as soon as we put sensible gun control in place they'll be able to still buy guns while the poor hunters won't be able to get their high powered weapons to take down the armed insurrection by Deer.

And that's not mentioning every time a child shoots another child because gun owners are irresponsible. It's time to MAKE them be responsible.

When people ask me if I've found Jesus, I usually tell them they should look the last place they put him.
10-02-2017, 01:42 PM
(10-02-2017 01:25 PM)Alexa Wrote:  It's past time for gun control. But it'll never come. If it didn't come after someone went in and killed 20 children under the age of 10, people aren't going to do anything now. They love their compensation devices more than they care about human beings.

"Bad guys don't follow laws!"

..And? Does that mean laws are meaningless? So we should just go ahead and legalize murder I guess. Because killers aren't going to follow the law anyway.

Oh right, we should have stricter gun control because IT WORKS IN ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES. Look at Australia. The UK. They don't have these shootings like we do. Making it harder for a criminal to get a gun will absolutely have an effect on mass shootings.

"If they really want a gun, they'll find a way to get one!"

So they're now infinitely resourceful? Let's not pretend like these mass shooters are criminals who have massive contacts with the gun black market, and as soon as we put sensible gun control in place they'll be able to still buy guns while the poor hunters won't be able to get their high powered weapons to take down the armed insurrection by Deer.

And that's not mentioning every time a child shoots another child because gun owners are irresponsible. It's time to MAKE them be responsible.

I applaude your attempt, but I've given up after ca. 10 tries - our US friends can't be convinced Smile

One sidenote here: on our news they mentioned that the NRA also wants to make it easier to obtain silencers - which in the Vegas shooting would have meant triple the number of people killed.... something to think about?

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
10-02-2017, 02:03 PM
(10-02-2017 12:54 PM)BornAgain Wrote:  Didn't that happen on a military base instead of on the street?

Wouldn't matter. Your solution is to put these guns in the hands of ONLY the soldiers. Well, what's stopping them from going on a spree? Or worse yet - gods forbid - enforce a police state like Sparta of old?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gun Ban Necessary? Ryan Alliterated 122 6,149 06-18-2014 04:59 PM
Last Post: BuddhaThaSnake
  Is it sinful to Lie to a Control question on a polygraph? AgnosticScholar 13 1,595 02-08-2014 09:52 AM
Last Post: aka[DoW]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)