Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Transgendered People
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Transgendered People
A transgendered person is a man who believes he/she is a woman or a woman who believes he/she is a man.

There are three positions about this:

1) They are different but OK.
2) They are deluded (need psychological help)
3) They are sinners

As far as I know, neither the Torah, Bible nor the Quran mentions them. What is your opinion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2008, 12:28 PM
RE: Transgendered People
(12-22-2008 12:23 PM)Messenger Wrote:  A transgendered person is a man who believes he/she is a woman or a woman who believes he/she is a man.

There are three positions about this:

1) They are different but OK.
2) They are deluded (need psychological help)
3) They are sinners

As far as I know, neither the Torah, Bible nor the Quran mentions them. What is your opinion?
i'm gonna have to go with number 2 all the way
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Number one for me. To each his own, and their feelings about their sexuality don't hurt anyone.

I wouldn't date one though. Big Grin

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-22-2008, 01:22 PM
(12-22-2008 12:56 PM)damian.hoffman Wrote:  Number one for me. To each his own, and their feelings about their sexuality don't hurt anyone.

I wouldn't date one though. Big Grin
Ditto
12-22-2008, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2008 04:15 PM by Alison.)
I'd say I'm a mix of 1 & 2, leaning heavily on #2.

I personally believe that when you're born, you are exactly who and how you're supposed to be, whether it be gender, some form of mental or physical challenge or just a standard issue human.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
to say God has put people in wrong bodies would be silly.we can led down a wrong path,and fed false ,info.

Good evil salvation
12-22-2008, 04:21 PM
(12-22-2008 03:49 PM)Alison Wrote:  I'd say I'm a mix of 1 & 2, leaning heavily on #2.

I personally believe that when you're born, you are exactly who and how you're supposed to be, whether it be gender, some form of mental or physical challenge or just a standard issue human.

so when the inbred baby who's mother drunk heavily comes out the way it does god intended it to be that way?
12-22-2008, 04:37 PM
After I created the thread, I did some research. Deuteronomy forbids cross-dressing so indirectly it has some comment on transgendered people.
05-13-2012, 01:27 PM
transgender people are sinner, because if you are a male, then you're a male, and if you're a female, then you're a female. They're basically gay, because they want the same sex as themselves. But we all are sinners, because we sin everyday, and don't know it sometimes.
05-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Good job Michelle. So basically anyone that has attraction to the same sex even when they do not want it, must be choosing what they do not want. How much do you choose that you do not want. If a man feels he should be a woman, even though he does not know why, it must be his want right?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Standards of Good (Kind) People and Bad (Evil) People ivysunday 7 152 07-06-2017 02:24 AM
Last Post: ivysunday

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)