Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unite Through Common Ancestry
03-14-2010, 06:35 AM
By Sardar Anees Ahmad
Waterloo, NY

Our age seems to be the most religiously, and de facto culturally, polarized time in history. Samuel Huntington’s Clash of Civilizations echoes a widespread belief that religio-cultural identities will be the primary source of conflict in the post-Cold War world. The three power players – the Jewish, Christian and Muslim worlds – hold the cards in this scenario. Despite all the differences, the three communities share one powerful commonality – love for their patriarch, Abraham.

Like a father, Abraham exercised a tremendous level of steadfastness, which ultimately resulted in the cementing of his legacy. (Genesis 17) describes the covenant God established with Abraham, promising him the office of Father of Nations through his two illustrious sons, Ishmael and Isaac. And if not for his undying faith in God, Abraham would have never left his wife and Ishmael in the wilderness. From this single act, the child grew into to a man, later a prophet, and ultimately became the leader of a nation.

Like a father, his progeny has preserved and emulated many of his habits. Belief in the Unity and Decree of God, angels, heaven and hell, and nearly all of the same prophets and holy books indicates the profound effect Abraham has left upon his spiritual progeny. Moreover, all three faiths not only promote the institution of prayer, but even the manner in which prayer is to be offered is the same. Joshua (Joshua 5:14), Aaron & Moses (Numbers 20:6), Elijah (I Kings 18:42), Jesus (Mathew 26:39), Muhammad (Qur’an 22:78) all prostrated themselves before God – just like Abraham (Genesis 17:3).

And lastly, and most unfortunately, like a father – his children are often found quarrelling with one another. The Old Testament reminds us, “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity” (Psalms 133:1)! Yet the seemingly petty differences between these three religious communities have cast a daunting shadow over the far more abundant commonalities. Prior to the Crusades, all three communities lived in peace in Jerusalem. For nearly 700 years, Moorish Spain was the center of learning in Europe and a symbol of brotherhood as the children of Abraham lived and worked amicably with one another. If accomplished in the Jerusalem and Spain of old, why can this scenario not manifest itself today, especially when all three communities still recognize one magnanimous father?

To Jews, Abraham is a strict monotheist, brilliant debater, and grandfather of the promised Israelite community. To Christians, Abraham is a paragon of virtue and the forefather of Christ. To Muslims, all this, as well as the renovator of the Kaaba, and one who finds mention in every daily prayer. More than 50% of the world recognizes Abraham as ‘father.’ Neither Jew nor Christian, yet Abraham has achieved a monumental feat – three of the world’s major faiths love and revere him. Born in Ur (Genesis 17:5), present day Al-Muqayyar, Iraq, his surroundings offered a fitting metaphor for his life – hardship, however seemingly insurmountable, can be overcome.

Recognition of this common ancestry can, therefore, significantly contribute to change an inevitable clash of civilizations into a concordance of civilizations.

http://mkausa.org/MSQ-Published-Material...stry-31210

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2010, 06:41 AM
RE: Unite Through Common Ancestry
Abraham, he was the mother who was going to kill his son, because his god had told him too. Am I right. Love for a would be child murderer, I don't think so. Get the ............out of here.

????????????????
03-14-2010, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010 08:23 AM by biomystic.)
(03-14-2010 06:41 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Abraham, he was the mother who was going to kill his son, because his god had told him too. Am I right. Love for a would be child murderer, I don't think so. Get the ............out of here.

The non-Abrahamic has it right. Abraham was insane and if he pulled that Moloch "passing through the fire" stunt with Isaac in our modern times he would be rightfully locked up in prison for extreme child abuse. It is rather amazing that all three Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Pauline Christianity, and Islam have yet to recognize the very evil act of their founder. As the Abrahamic religionists keep fighting each other for territorial control of the land of Canaan, these religious wars not really stopping at any point in history and coming to a head in our times, God is using archeologists, historians and even geology to overthrow the myth of Abraham, Thank God! The sooner Abraham is exposed to the whole world as a religious fraud, a borrowing without attribution by ancient Jews, the sooner the world will be rid of monotheistic madmen armed with guns, rockets, suicide bombs, and nuclear weapons. A madman founder creates madmen followers.

"And do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."
-John the Baptist in Mt:3:9,10

To see a gnostic movie about the insanity of Abraham carried into modern madness I recommend renting the now older movie, The Rapture, with Mimi Rogers and David Duchovnic, or whatever his name is. You will see the Gnostic answer to serving a vile god in this movie.
03-14-2010, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010 09:02 AM by Ahmadi.)
It is through Abraham that we begin to understand Monotheism and how we relate to the each other. The paradigm that there is One God above all things and it is from Him that human rights and worth of human life starts. Otherwise we eat sheep, goats and cows, namely other mammals for dinner. There were prophets before Abraham, but, a clear paradigm is created from Abraham onwards.

It was in his willingness to serve God and in return God's saving of Abraham's son that we get the proper paradigm that killing or sacrificing of any human will not be justified from then on. This is indeed the starting point of value of human life. This is what will after centuries create the burning question, is abortion justified? The question that we have totally failed to examine is whether collateral damage of air bombing is justified in this day and age when we have such easy access to the ground forces? Do not blame Abraham, we need to look in our own consciences, how much we have examined and tried to help prevent innocent human life, be they victims of terrorism or of collateral damage?

This will be the question for our consciences and no amount of Abraham bashing can save us from our responsibility!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
03-14-2010, 09:07 AM
...........Do not blame Abraham,............
Ok I won't. I'll blame his God. His God saved his son..............give me a break. It was his idea to kill him in the first place. And the kids STUPID old man was prepared to do it.
Would you????????
I wouldn't..............

????????????????
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010 05:20 PM by biomystic.)
(03-14-2010 09:01 AM)Ahmadi Wrote:  It is through Abraham that we begin to understand Monotheism and how we relate to the each other. The paradigm that there is One God above all things and it is from Him that human rights and worth of human life starts. Otherwise we eat sheep, goats and cows, namely other mammals for dinner. There were prophets before Abraham, but, a clear paradigm is created from Abraham onwards.

It was in his willingness to serve God and in return God's saving of Abraham's son that we get the proper paradigm that killing or sacrificing of any human will not be justified from then on. This is indeed the starting point of value of human life. This is what will after centuries create the burning question, is abortion justified? The question that we have totally failed to examine is whether collateral damage of air bombing is justified in this day and age when we have such easy access to the ground forces? Do not blame Abraham, we need to look in our own consciences, how much we have examined and tried to help prevent innocent human life, be they victims of terrorism or of collateral damage?

This will be the question for our consciences and no amount of Abraham bashing can save us from our responsibility!

Ahmadi, you don't connect Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son with evil. You don't connect the precedent Abraham has set for all Abrahamic believers to be willing to sacrifice their sons in war. Who do you think is bombing Iraq and Afghanistan if not young men? Who do you think are blowing themselves up and taking innocent lives with them if not young Muslim men?

It is really far past time that you start examining the morality of the religious beliefs you follow if you really are sincere about wanting to see a peaceful world develop. You can't have it both ways--wanting peace and yet apologizing for the ungodly acts of war-mongering Abrahamic believers.
03-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Abraham would have never left his wife and Ishmael in the wilderness. From this single act, the child grew into to a man, later a prophet, and ultimately became the leader of a nation.

Was not a Prophet according to the Torah. Was the father of 12 Princes not the leader of a nation.

And there is still no evidence Ishmael is the father of the Arabs. The fact is no one knows what happened to Ishmael. Muslims say he was also handed a book with teachings...Where is it or what was it. Where is the historical evidence for the teachings ??

To Muslims, all this, as well as the renovator of the Kaaba.

Unfortunaltly history dispproves this. It's only a Muslim tradition to link Abraham to Islam. If you believe this then the tooth fairy is also real.

Neither Jew nor Christian

Nor Muslim
03-17-2010, 07:16 PM
(03-14-2010 05:45 PM)Phill Wrote:  Muslims say he was also handed a book with teachings...Where is it or what was it.

Where did you hear this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Judaism,Christianity,Islam, Unite! iholdit 46 10,844 03-10-2016 06:28 PM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you vonason 35 2,023 12-25-2013 02:18 PM
Last Post: vonason
  The Dichotomy of Religion and Common Sense Secular Hobbit 60 3,773 07-11-2012 04:35 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  what do satan and atiests have in common smellycat 38 4,093 05-29-2012 05:15 AM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
Toungue Godbotherers Unite kevlar 12 1,493 04-30-2011 11:47 AM
Last Post: whirlwind

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)