11-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Unsubscribe
How do you unsubscribe from this forum?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: Unsubscribe
You stop logging on.

I reckon if you're determined enough to completely delete your webprint, you could ask a mod to delete you completely.
11-28-2017, 09:51 PM
Requesting the moderators delete my profile but will sent a specific message to them as well.
11-29-2017, 11:03 PM
Good riddance.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
11-29-2017, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2017 11:59 PM by Yefet.)
George Chandler
User posting privileges suspended at your request, only Admin can delete profile
Please notify Mod if you want account activated again
11-30-2017, 08:42 AM
(11-29-2017 11:03 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  Good riddance.

Seems a bit mean to say that. George wasn’t nearly as obnoxious as RamaRaksha, the one who kept harping about how heaven was for lazy people. I gave George a rep hike for his comparison of the human body to a diving suit. Although, when debating online, one must prepare for hard knocks, and defend positions with tact, avoiding temptation to take it too personally.
11-30-2017, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2017 08:58 AM by Herminator.)
(11-30-2017 08:42 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  
(11-29-2017 11:03 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  Good riddance.

Seems a bit mean to say that. George wasn’t nearly as obnoxious as RamaRaksha, the one who kept harping about how heaven was for lazy people. I gave George a rep hike for his comparison of the human body to a diving suit. Although, when debating online, one must prepare for hard knocks, and defend positions with tact, avoiding temptation to take it too personally.

Accusing people out of the blue of endorsing cruelty towards animals is pretty obnoxious imo. Yes, we've seen many, many people on here that were more obnoxious than that, but people that resort to ad hominem in the middle of their very first discussion are not the most welcome additions to a forum...

(and it was not unlikely this was actually someone that has been banned from this forum many times...)

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
11-30-2017, 09:30 AM
(11-30-2017 08:57 AM)Herminator Wrote:  Accusing people out of the blue of endorsing cruelty towards animals is pretty obnoxious imo...

I wasn’t particularly fond of Chandler. As you said, he kept going on and on about animal testing and sport hunting, when one need only make an opinion on animal rights known once. Nor will I miss his posts. Still, I’d prefer not to drop a two-word comment on the departure.

One weakness in the communication habits of some atheists is a love of the snarky. This may be a product of youthful median age in that group, which has a preponderance of individuals under age 40. I’ve noticed that the older I get, the less cocksure I become. It seems I know less and less every year, the affairs of our world looming with more complications I’d never thought about before. No issue is simple.

However, I do resort to the Rational Wiki at times—there are religious dogmas so plumb stupid they deserve only the snarky treatment, and no shortage of pig-headed promoters who try to ram those doctrines down the public’s throat.
11-30-2017, 10:42 AM
(11-30-2017 09:30 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  
(11-30-2017 08:57 AM)Herminator Wrote:  Accusing people out of the blue of endorsing cruelty towards animals is pretty obnoxious imo...

Still, I’d prefer not to drop a two-word comment on the departure.

I agree with Squid that this particular departure was GR, but I would not post it like that - but that's a matter of personal style I guess...

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
11-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Anyone who doesn’t know how delete a bookmark to a website and has to make a show of asking for a deletion of their account deserves snide comments. Don’t want to post? Then don’t post!

To be honest, I don’t think I even engaged with this poster.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)