Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Valhalla vs. Sessrumnir?
04-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Valhalla vs. Sessrumnir?
I know (or at least I *think* I know) that those who fall in battle are divided between Odin and Freya and sent to Valhalla or Sessrumnir, respectively. But what, if any, is the difference between the two halls and what, if any, is the selection criteria for each? Do the hall's occupants mix for the day's fighting and return to their own hall when it's done, or do they each hold their own battles?

Lots of info on Valhalla, but not so much about Sessrumnir that I've found on initial searches.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2017, 06:25 PM
RE: Valhalla vs. Sessrumnir?
Hopefully Sat will weigh in on this.
04-22-2017, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 01:25 PM by clarence clutterbuck.)
What I'd like to know is if Vikings really have to die with a sword in their hand to enter Valhalla, like in this scene from the film, The Vikings. And if so, can American-style Vikings substitute one of those natty assault rifles for a sword?

04-22-2017, 05:25 PM
(04-22-2017 01:25 PM)clarence clutterbuck Wrote:  What I'd like to know is if Vikings really have to die with a sword in their hand to enter Valhalla, like in this scene from the film, The Vikings. And if so, can American-style Vikings substitute one of those natty assault rifles for a sword?

The original assault rifle
The German WW2 Sturmgewehr 44
Already used in one Götterdämmerung

[Image: rifle3-667x500.jpg]

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
04-24-2017, 11:03 AM
At first glance, I would think the key is 'dying in battle' as opposed to one's bed or old age, etc., regardless of the weapon(s) being used. Not many opportunities to go into battle wielding a sword or axe or spear these days, I'm afraid. But, if one wants to go all old-school on an opponent, not much would be more surprising and terrifying than having an attacker bearing down on you with weapons you know are designed to stab you or hack off limbs. Except fire. Fire is Bad™.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)