Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Visual Zohar
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Visual Zohar
Hello,

After having watched Battlestar Galactica (2004), it occurred to me that it was in fact a documentary, line by line recreation of the Zohar. Even down to the preface, (The Letters, The Lily, etc.).

Is anyone else aware of this? Is this common knowledge? It seemed very startling to me, both strange and beautiful. I have been writing about it on my wiki dedicated to the subject, called The Five Gates. (please Google the name if you would like to see what I'm asking you about)

Anyways, if this is not common knowledge, then very soon, it seems, scholars of Judaism will very much want to see that show in its entirety. Its almost overwhelming.

VTY
David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2009, 01:48 AM
RE: Visual Zohar
It's not intended as a documentary to my knowledge, but the fictional story is very clearly inspired by the Kabbalah and Hinduism, filtered through the lens of sci-fi. I think basing its cosmology on these two real spiritual beliefs lent it a sense of authenticity that made the show very enjoyable.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-01-2009, 05:44 AM
You have been writing about it on your wiki dedicated to the subject, called The Five Gates. so would you mind letting us to read your "The Five Gates"?

09-02-2009, 05:41 AM
(09-01-2009 05:44 AM)lanceaugust31 Wrote:  You have been writing about it on your wiki dedicated to the subject, called The Five Gates. so would you mind letting us to read your "The Five Gates"?

I believe this is what mobius meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_a..._Galactica

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tsohar/Zohar/Urim? shiverleaf15 3 1,729 06-23-2013 01:06 PM
Last Post: rocketboy9000

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)