Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Vodou/Voodoo/Vodun Q&A
05-19-2010, 07:45 PM
RE: Vodou/Voodoo/Vodun Q&A
You don't know my experience...thats all I have for you.

And well, dead lwa living lwa...NO DIFFERENCE TO ME

it is weird...this life....but Vodou is F'in strict.

Im creatin the hoodoo thread to detour those who are lookin for the good stuff....

in the case I "sound" like Im a stalker.....READ BETWEEN THE LINES |f|u|....whos brain do you care to enjoy anyways...not mine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im teachin my man telepathy...hoodihoodi hee
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2010, 07:53 PM
(05-19-2010 07:45 PM)azurescen Wrote:  You don't know my experience...thats all I have for you.

And well, dead lwa living lwa...NO DIFFERENCE TO ME

it is weird...this life....but Vodou is F'in strict.

Im creatin the hoodoo thread to detour those who are lookin for the good stuff....

in the case I "sound" like Im a stalker.....READ BETWEEN THE LINES |f|u|....whos brain do you care to enjoy anyways...not mine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im teachin my man telepathy...hoodihoodi hee

Go ahead, this forum is for threads. Just don't try to represent hoodoo as Vodou, and we shouldn't have a problem. And of course you see Vodou as strict, you don't even have the same soul concept.

Go ahead and preach your so-called "good stuff" and good luck.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
Find all posts by this user
05-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey, I wonder who you think the lwa are.

I got the hit that its the original black people before the world was inhabited by white as well. This is crazy to the norms, but I know it to be true because of experience.

As I am channeled(or whatever) they simply became a single entity of action in order to uphold the way things were after the presence of an evil one at the beginning of man with Adam and Eve.. They saw the devil and began to fool him into thinking that he was having an effect on everyone, while they secretly were the ones who truly had the effect(as Eve decided to only allow communication in the beginning)

This may be contrary or whatever, but this is a part of my life, and as you describe the lwa as being dead I just wonder as to how this is known. My personal experience is that I found the feminine energy to give experience as I was on magical mushrooms one day in 2006. I would just think female and it would be as if I were doing something. Later I came to realize it as the black woman, and her to be a very powerful force in the world. Everything was very weird because everything seems to have been communicated to me according to correct timing.

I just wonder if the lwa have any connection with people before there was philosophy and structure....I think they are the original black peoples and I just wonder if this is true.

I know Im not the lwa now, lol.
05-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:Hey, I wonder who you think the lwa are.

Which lwa? They come from all different times and places. Two of the most recent are Marinette, the Haitian war hero, in Haitian Vodou, and Marie Laveau I in NOLA Voodoo. Mademoiselle Charlotte is the first white French woman to ever practise Vodou, Maman Brigitte was the first daughter of Ireland who came to Haiti and practised, and married a black man, the Marassa were the first Vodou child-twins to die, Eruzile Dantor was a warrior whose village was attacked, she was raped and her tortured, but because she had cut out her own tongue, she could reveal no secrets.

Quote:As I am channeled(or whatever) they simply became a single entity of action in order to uphold the way things were after the presence of an evil one at the beginning of man with Adam and Eve.. They saw the devil and began to fool him into thinking that he was having an effect on everyone, while they secretly were the ones who truly had the effect(as Eve decided to only allow communication in the beginning)

Sorry, this doesn't work. Because there is no Adam and Eve in Vodou, and no devil.

Quote:This may be contrary or whatever, but this is a part of my life, and as you describe the lwa as being dead I just wonder as to how this is known.

Well, uh, considering you can go to some of their graves, the more recent lwa anyway...that and the fact that it is stated that all lwa must be carried home to Ginen before they are raised up as lwa.

Quote:I think they are the original black peoples and I just wonder if this is true.

No. Absolutely not. If that were true, tons of lwa would not exist. They all come from different times and places. Heck, if you go to New Orleans and meet people who practice NOLA Voodoo, you can see with what reverence Marie Laveau's grave is treated.

Quote:I know Im not the lwa now, lol.

Good.

05-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Well thats depressing...lol....and voodoo seems a bit to be a very restrictive religion. Im crazy, I know that much, but Voodoo is in denial.

If it were true that there were evil ones, and adam and eve....would voodoo deny it?
05-23-2010, 09:27 PM
(05-23-2010 08:13 PM)azurescen Wrote:  Well thats depressing...lol....and voodoo seems a bit to be a very restrictive religion. Im crazy, I know that much, but Voodoo is in denial.

If it were true that there were evil ones, and adam and eve....would voodoo deny it?

Well, I think we're in a position where we both see the other's beliefs as "in denial".

Vodou does not deny that evil exists, we simply do not believe in "Satan" or the "the Devil" and, if they're were an Adam and Eve, and it could be proven, beliefs would have to be looked at differently.

However, if there were an Adam and Eve, the human race would not still exist.

10-04-2010, 04:20 PM
(01-07-2010 03:05 PM)Clementine Wrote:  So, I felt weird posting in the Polytheism section about spiritual encounters because -- well, Vodou is monotheistic, and Holy Babylon asked a few questions because they didn't know much except what comes from Hollywood movies, so I saw that Hinduism has a Q&A thread, and thought I'd start one for Vodou. I am Kanzo in Haitian Vodou, and have experience with NOLA Voodoo, and have been to Vodun rituals in Benin. So I can touch on just about anything -- and if you ask a question I can't answer, I can call up my Mambo.

So...altars, animal sacrifice, zombies, Voodoo dolls -- any misconceptions or rumors you want to ask about, or anything you want to know, just ask! I've heard it all before, I'm not going to get offended, you aren't going to hurt my feelings -- I don't think anyone here is going to top the ridiculous "You sacrifice children," schlock I've gotten in the past.

No real questions. Maybe some website suggestions to read up on. I just wanted to comment on the "you sacrifice children" thingy. You know, there have been a few times, when I have said out loud that I was an Atheist, I have had people ask me if I rape people for fun, or how many bodies I have in my back yard, and someone even once asked me what a baby taste like. Being sarcastic most of the time, I usually shine a negative light on myself by giving smart assed answers, but I think it funny that people would make the assumptions, not know much about what things are.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
10-07-2010, 11:30 PM
(10-04-2010 04:20 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  
(01-07-2010 03:05 PM)Clementine Wrote:  So, I felt weird posting in the Polytheism section about spiritual encounters because -- well, Vodou is monotheistic, and Holy Babylon asked a few questions because they didn't know much except what comes from Hollywood movies, so I saw that Hinduism has a Q&A thread, and thought I'd start one for Vodou. I am Kanzo in Haitian Vodou, and have experience with NOLA Voodoo, and have been to Vodun rituals in Benin. So I can touch on just about anything -- and if you ask a question I can't answer, I can call up my Mambo.

So...altars, animal sacrifice, zombies, Voodoo dolls -- any misconceptions or rumors you want to ask about, or anything you want to know, just ask! I've heard it all before, I'm not going to get offended, you aren't going to hurt my feelings -- I don't think anyone here is going to top the ridiculous "You sacrifice children," schlock I've gotten in the past.

No real questions. Maybe some website suggestions to read up on. I just wanted to comment on the "you sacrifice children" thingy. You know, there have been a few times, when I have said out loud that I was an Atheist, I have had people ask me if I rape people for fun, or how many bodies I have in my back yard, and someone even once asked me what a baby taste like. Being sarcastic most of the time, I usually shine a negative light on myself by giving smart assed answers, but I think it funny that people would make the assumptions, not know much about what things are.

It is funny for a bit, and I used to be slightly sarcastic about it, before I ended up having to move because of a Christian stalker who was trying to scar me out of the area.

As for websites, I really don't like a lot of the websites out there, but http://www.religioustolerance.org/voodoo.htm is okay, though even some of that is iffy.

I really prefer books. Mama Lola by Karen McCarthy Brown and Divine Horsemen: The Living Gods of Haiti by Maya Deren are good.

10-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Just curious, what is the Voodoo/Vodun take on male and female homosexuality? Do they see it as a spiritual thing, physical thing what?

Thanks.
10-15-2010, 04:45 AM
(10-14-2010 01:11 PM)alieninthecaribbean Wrote:  Just curious, what is the Voodoo/Vodun take on male and female homosexuality? Do they see it as a spiritual thing, physical thing what?

Thanks.

Very good question! Homosexuality in Vodou is completely religiously acceptable. It's not a religious thing per se, but it is seen as part of the soul. Orientation, regardless of type, is controlled by the soul.

Some people more affected by the Christianity parts of the syncretic religion, might look down on people who are homosexual but this is a very modern thing, but people of all orientations are welcome in Vodou.Baron Lundy and Baron Limba "Des hommes et dieux" is a documentary which has some interviews with men who feel Eruzile Freda made them gay.

The lwa themselves cover a great amount of sexualities. Eruzile Dantor is bisexual, Ghede Nibo is a drag queen, Baron Samedi is bisexual, Baron Lundy and Baron Limba are an actual homosexual couple.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question about Vodou? UniversalLove 9 2,572 09-21-2011 11:58 PM
Last Post: Clementine
  Why vodou isn't just for Africans Clementine 5 1,546 11-14-2010 04:47 PM
  Voodoo Truths azurescen 32 6,156 05-19-2010 07:26 PM
  Pat Robertson blaming Vodou for Haiti's Earthquake Clementine 17 3,836 05-03-2010 09:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)