Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
WESTERN SCHOLARS AND MUHAMMAD
12-17-2008, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 01:11 AM by Mr_Redneck.)
RE: WESTERN SCHOLARS AND MUHAMMAD
Ahh! The colours! Why do they burn?

Because we can, should we come up with our own personal list of influential people? It might be interesting, although I get the feeling Jesus is gonna show up a lot Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2008, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 12:23 AM by Anglican.)
Where are my ear plugs?

Ah yes, here they are. Good job I remembered to bring them with me; the noise around here is quite deafening.

Quote:Because we can, should we come up with our own personal list of influential people? It might be interesting, although I get the feeling Jesus is gonna show up a lot

Well if he had never lived the last 2,000 years of history would have been completely different, so I suppose you could say he was quite influential.
12-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Anglican Wrote:Well if he had never lived the last 2,000 years of history would have been completely different, so I suppose you could say he was quite influential.

Completely different? You mean we wouldn't have had the scientific dark ages caused by the Church? Gallileo was almost burned. Just saying is all, I'm sure the world could have been much worse, but I'm just as sure it could have been better.
12-18-2008, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 01:38 AM by Anglican.)
Mr_Redneck Wrote:
Anglican Wrote:Well if he had never lived the last 2,000 years of history would have been completely different, so I suppose you could say he was quite influential.

Completely different? You mean we wouldn't have had the scientific dark ages caused by the Church? Gallileo was almost burned. Just saying is all, I'm sure the world could have been much worse, but I'm just as sure it could have been better.

Well before you go looking for laws of nature you have got to believe they are there to be found. For Gallileo, and others like him, the reason for entertaining that idea was their belief in a divine law giver.

Gallileo wasn't only, or even primarily, a religious heretic; he was a scientific heretic too.
12-18-2008, 01:40 AM
And he got locked in his own house and forced to burn his research by people who shared his belief in a divine law giver, if he hadnt have believed he would have been burnt at the stake. So to establish whether the belief of most of the earlier scientists or philosophers was simply born of convenience as opposed to true belief would be an interesting exercise, as well as how many applied their scientific traditions to their belief.
The majority of scientists today entertain either scepticism or rejection of the idea of any divine law giver and contemporary science views him as unnescessary.

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
As to whether Mohammed was so influential ive never seen a historical source which suggested it, and who knows that Mohammed's empire will not crumble, to me the middle east in a lot of ways appears a shadow of its former self today! Its influence is much smaller than it was before and it is not unified as it was under the persians and turks but split into many warring states.

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
12-18-2008, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 02:28 AM by Anglican.)
athos123 Wrote:And he got locked in his own house and forced to burn his research by people who shared his belief in a divine law giver, if he hadnt have believed he would have been burnt at the stake. So to establish whether the belief of most of the earlier scientists or philosophers was simply born of convenience as opposed to true belief would be an interesting exercise, as well as how many applied their scientific traditions to their belief.
The majority of scientists today entertain either scepticism or rejection of the idea of any divine law giver and contemporary science views him as unnescessary.

Today we simply take for granted that there are such things as natural laws, and even theistic scientists inhabit a different mental universe to Gallileo. But like everybody else in his day, he simply took the existence of God for granted, and his thought processes owed much to people like Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas. As he, and certainly Newton, would have understood it, he was discovering the thoughts of the Creator. Gallileo wasn't a modern, magically transported back into the early seventeenth century.
12-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Bman,
read or not to read it is ur case and problem....u can ignore some posts ..no one force u to read ..ok....smelly wrote a lot of threads about christinity and i didn't say to her to stop....where is the freedom u claim?!!!!!!......
clarence,
it seems from ur post that u didn't know what islam is....so i advice u to read about islam from its authentic sources not fake ones....and i want u to think over that though all what u said about islam and still thouthands convert to it...espcially women (who u claim they humulated in islam!!!!!)...i ve mentioned here two examples for 2 western hi level educated women converted to islam....u may reach the reason and the core of islam....may be..
Smellycat,
sorry i didn't get all what u mean...but seeking for the right is supposed human's aim..
generally, guidance is in the hands of Allah, i own nothing but clear
ALLAH said in his book Quran:
"And though thou try much, most men will not believe. (12:103)"
i hope good luck for all
salam friends
12-18-2008, 03:14 AM
ATHOS,
"to me the middle east in a lot of ways appears a shadow of its former self today! Its influence is much smaller than it was before and it is not unified as it was under the persians and turks but split into many warring states."
coz they left their religion....if muslims today do what islam orders them u wouldn't find ununified countries like that status .....but colonisem of christian countries who did that ....and west (jews behind espcially USA) adhering to not to be so...they want their ex colonies exist disassmebled...to be a good market for them and the most important thing is not to take a unified decision that might be against USA desire...
and Allah said in his book:
"And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah, and do not separate. And remember Allah's favour unto you: how ye were enemies and He made friendship between your hearts so that ye became as brothers by His grace; and (how) ye were upon the brink of an abyss of fire, and He did save you from it. Thus Allah maketh clear His revelations unto you, that haply ye may be guided, (3:103)"
the subject is long if u wanna debate
12-18-2008, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 12:11 PM by Anglican.)
DO YOU KNOW, I REALLY CAN'T READ WHAT YOU WRITE, UNLESS YOU USE 200pt BOLD ITALIC CAPITALS, PREFERABBLY IN RED, WITH PINK POLKA DOTS.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)