Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WWJD???
12-14-2008, 06:35 PM
WWJD???
I hate when people say "WWJD" and then they say oh well we/he would do this. OH PLEASE how the hell would you know what he would do, did he tell you personally, please stop deciding for him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2008, 07:27 PM
RE: WWJD???
the jews held this mistake,and they have been ridiculed for generations.i would not go there.

Good evil salvation
12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Well i did go there and i want an answer from a strong christian, all you guys do is seem to beat around the bush on some of these question, just be straight up and answer them
12-14-2008, 07:37 PM
what do you want to know,that your wrong.?

Good evil salvation
12-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Would you like to tell me what i am wrong about?
12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
no idea you are wanting an answer,ask the question.

Good evil salvation
12-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Ok, Christians use the bible as our reference, and that's where we get our hard evidence for the nature of Jesus. That's how we would know what he would or wouldn't do, but we still struggle with understanding right and wrong.
12-15-2008, 11:25 AM
smellycat Wrote:no idea you are wanting an answer,ask the question.

I think FrostBite was referring to the hubris involved in making statements about God's will.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-15-2008, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2008 11:50 AM by Anthem.)
FrostBite Wrote:I hate when people say "WWJD" and then they say oh well we/he would do this. OH PLEASE how the hell would you know what he would do, did he tell you personally, please stop deciding for him.

The reason I question what would Jesus do is this. When I take time to pray and seek God's will about things, I don't make near as many mistakes. My problem is that I don't ask that question nearly enough. As Christians we should seek His will for our lives. If I would seriously ask what would Jesus do more often, I would avoid a lot of consequences for a lot of mistakes.
12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I think the point of WWJD is the idea that you should look to Jesus as a role model. You may not be able to actually know what Jesus would do in a situation, but trying to imagine what he would do will probably at least get you going in the right direction.

People do this all the time with other role models too. The kid who love basketball so tries to play like Michael Jordan, the college student who wants to be a teacher so they can be like their favorite teacher when they were growing up, etc.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)