Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was Jesus half god and half man or full god and full man?
05-01-2010, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2010 04:07 PM by Ahmadi.)
Was Jesus half god and half man or full god and full man?
My Muslim Jesus is easy to conceptualize, he was a man and had true dreams and revelations. I can imagine him and use the label of a prophet.

How should I conceptulize Christian Jesus or better named Christ? Was he half and half or fully human and fully divine? Was he multiple persons? As his human self was maturing for the first thirty years of his life, before his ministry, what was his divine self doing?

Once I understand these mysteries, I am hoping that my understanding of Jesus Christ will yield new blessings for me!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2010, 04:21 PM
RE: Was Jesus half god and half man or full god and full man?
(05-01-2010 04:05 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  My Muslim Jesus is easy to conceptualize, he was a man and had true dreams and revelations. I can imagine him and use the label of a prophet.

How should I conceptulize Christian Jesus or better named Christ? Was he half and half or fully human and fully divine? Was he multiple persons? As his human self was maturing for the first thirty years of his life, before his ministry, what was his divine self doing?

Once I understand these mysteries, I am hoping that my understanding of Jesus Christ will yield new blessings for me!

The way I see it is he is a man, 100%. We just don't know what a man is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2010, 04:22 PM
That is a good start!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
(05-01-2010 04:22 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  That is a good start!

Welcome back Ahmadi, it has been a while Smile.

The only way to understand Jesus is to read his teachings through the bible as there is no other way. The Koran wont tell you what he taught it just tells you to beleive in him like the other Prophets. I ask, how can you belive in a Prophet if you dont know what they taught.
05-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks Phill

So, help us, the uninitiated, how to conceptualize Jesus Christ. I was reading some text today that triggered this question in my mind as to what was the role of the divine part of Jesus in the first 30 years of his earthly life here?

05-02-2010, 06:48 AM
He looked something like a minotaur, from memory.

????????????????
05-02-2010, 07:42 AM
(05-02-2010 06:48 AM)kevlar Wrote:  He looked something like a minotaur, from memory.

That reminds me of an old cartoon I once saw of a centaur which wasn't the usual head of a man on a horse's body but reversed-a horse's head on a man's body.

Muslims are not telling us the truth about how the Quran sees Jesus as a man when Muhammad acknowledges Jesus being fathered divinely by God, like the NT gospels. What about that contradiction?
05-02-2010, 08:01 AM
(05-02-2010 07:42 AM)biomystic Wrote:  ... when Muhammad acknowledges Jesus being fathered divinely by God ...

This is not true. The Holy Quran vindicates Mother Mary from any accusation of illegitimate birth, by acknowledging virgin birth. There is repeated denial of any divinity for Jesus or him being a son of God, in the Quran.

Virgin birth can have several biologcial explanations, parthenogenesis being one of them. The Holy Quran is only vindicating Mother Mary, please do not twist this.

05-02-2010, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 09:59 AM by azurescen.)
Hmm, let me see. In here, these voices place of people who lived before. My open mind.

The Holy Quran has been changed in the time of Kali Yuga.

Those "indigenous" people have gone sour to the universe!

All, except for the north American half of the world. People like Bin Laden....Holy Quran??? NO LONGER!!!

They changed it so much, to have a version from back a century or more ago, you get such different stories and meanings.

Actually, if you looked at the Quran back in the day, you would have a better representation of time than the Bible. Now the bible stands as the best full view of time. Lol, Sad when no one writing the bible cared about anyone but themselves.

......and yet we live!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2010, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 11:05 AM by Ahmadi.)
As regards the preservation of the text of the Holy Quran please see these Google knols:

http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/the-pu...umbuyp/72#
http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/compil...umbuyp/54#

As regards the beauty and miracle of the Holy Quran, please read:

http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/the-ho...umbuyp/55#

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  God Created Man To Be A Vegetarian And Not Eat Animals Or Fish Chika 145 20,909 06-05-2017 04:50 PM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  God is my Source not little man. Gismys17 4 283 02-09-2017 07:41 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Was Jesus really an improvement from the violent God of the old testament hendrix30 221 12,123 06-01-2015 05:29 PM
Last Post: garysheldrake
Wink the bible is full of hidden secrets! lets share :) bambimarie 55 5,048 02-28-2015 01:12 PM
Last Post: Steveh
  A Christian man is making me feel uncomfortable toothpaste 196 18,777 01-25-2015 12:59 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  Who Really Produces faith in religion - Man or God user123 30 1,856 10-03-2014 02:00 PM
Last Post: rocketboy9000
  1500 years old Bible claims that Jesus was not God KAYSER 53 4,052 06-06-2014 02:22 AM
Last Post: usmanishaquecdz
  Jesus is Not the son of the God ? lorileesolstice 18 1,745 12-13-2013 06:00 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  One God, One Message, God's Kingdom is near... Sweetflower87 2 511 12-08-2013 01:24 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  An Effective Prayer for a Man or Woman Who Feels Feared RebeccaClyde 1 428 10-16-2013 06:21 PM
Last Post: Fossilgirl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)