Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was Noah insane or a traitor for finishing the Ark?
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah

I have tried to imagine myself as Noah.

The way society works today is that the vast majority decide who within its ranks will live or die.

In the days of Noah, the opposite was given unto Noah.

He, in effect, was given power that would destroy all but himself and 7 others.

He decided to use it by finishing the Ark.

Try along with me here to think like Noah.

Pretend that the miracle working super God of scripture just proved himself real to you. and He is right there in your reality, and whatever you believed before has been overshadowed by the reality of God‘s REAL reality.

Now try to believe that the letter Y on the keyboard is the button of destruction.
Would you push that button at the command of an alien, God of love, who is telling you to do a think of great Evil?
A sin of the Highest Order.

PUSH the Y. Push it now!!! Push!!!!

I think one would be insane to push the Y.

Scripture shows Noah as, arguably, a traitor to his race and species.
Jesus as well.
It also makes God look rather incompetent as a farmer of souls. Only 8 out of millions planted.

Unless the prize was worth it.

What could that prize be?

Do ye not know that ye are Gods?

Is that the prize fellow Gods.

Question.

Would you do what Noah did?

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2010, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2010 04:29 PM by Parousia.)
RE: Was Noah insane or a traitor for finishing the Ark?
Quote:And the LORD said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them.” But Noah found favor with the LORD.
Genesis 6:7-8

“Look! I am about to cover the earth with a flood that will destroy every living thing that breathes. Everything on earth will die. But I will confirm my covenant with you. So enter the boat—you and your wife and your sons and their wives.
Genesis 6:17-18

So Noah did everything as the LORD commanded him.
Genesis 7:5

Do you see any indication that if Noah had refused to build the ark and do all the other things as commanded, that he would have remained in favor with the Lord? Seems to me that the Lord would have simply wiped out everything as he originally intended.
01-07-2010, 08:54 PM
What interests me more is why god chose Noah. The Bible makes it clear that Noah was "blameless," but immediately after the flood we see that Noah was really a drunkard and not an incredibly good guy. So what does blameless mean?

Traditionally, this means Noah was a good person who worshiped god, while the rest of the world did not.

An alternate view is that Noah's bloodline was free from the taint of the Nephilim, angelic visitors who came down and bred with mankind.

An alternate interpretation of that is that the "Sons of God" were Seth's children, and the "Daughter's of Man" were Cain's children, and that Noah's family was the only bloodline untainted by the seed of Cain.

Christian Identity says black people came from Cain (via the devil), and that Noah was spared because his family was the only pure white family left.

It's clear the story is allegorical, since it obviously never actually happened, so the question is what lesson are we supposed to learn? What is Noah's righteousness that we should emulate? You will note that most of those theories involve some sort of racial purity.

I am analyzing without condemning or condoning. It's not my religion, after all.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-08-2010, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2010 03:03 PM by Greatest I am.)
(01-07-2010 04:29 PM)Parousia Wrote:  
Quote:And the LORD said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them.” But Noah found favor with the LORD.
Genesis 6:7-8

“Look! I am about to cover the earth with a flood that will destroy every living thing that breathes. Everything on earth will die. But I will confirm my covenant with you. So enter the boat—you and your wife and your sons and their wives.
Genesis 6:17-18

So Noah did everything as the LORD commanded him.
Genesis 7:5

Do you see any indication that if Noah had refused to build the ark and do all the other things as commanded, that he would have remained in favor with the Lord? Seems to me that the Lord would have simply wiped out everything as he originally intended.

A good moral man would put up a fight for mankind.
better death than dishonor.

The myth, and it is just a myth, not real, but even if real, must be judged by it’s moral value.

That is what will decide if God would ever do such a heinous crime and sin.

How would it look to all the other Gods in His species to see Him have to resort to genocidal fits, to bring His pets to heel.

They would laugh Him out of heaven for God’s sake.

Anyway, if you believe in fantasy and the flood as real, then you would know that God does not punish.

If required, He just makes an adjustment to your thinking and BINGO, all is cured.

God does not KILL, any of the perfections that surrounds Him.

He cures them.

Regards
DL
I have always wondered why God allowed the sons of God to use the earth as a brothel and produce the Nephilim,
when He would have known, that that was the reason that He had to throw His genocidal fit.

That is not logical but that's God for ya.

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ark of the Covenant? Azrael17 6 942 05-10-2013 01:01 AM
Last Post: arthra
  The Truth About Noah and the ‘Worldwide Flood’ Murphy Weine 1 322 11-19-2012 05:44 AM
Last Post: Satyros
  Noah's ship omshebeeb 5 963 07-31-2012 08:21 PM
Last Post: kevlar
  Did God and Noah do unto others in Noah’s day? Greatest I am 61 7,696 10-30-2011 07:47 PM
Last Post: steveeden
  "Noah's Ark" Found karma_sleeper 4 1,260 10-22-2011 04:55 PM
Last Post: KevinAthans
  Time to Build Our Ark whirlwind 33 3,209 04-01-2011 07:26 PM
Last Post: Ullikummis
  Noah would says No to God, or be a Traitor to Jesus, says do onto others rule? Greatest I am 9 1,541 01-09-2011 11:07 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Is God Guilty of killing instead of curing? Noah would say yes. Greatest I am 37 4,905 05-26-2010 12:12 AM
Last Post: prdamico
  Noah to Jesus. Why did you not intercede? Traitor. Greatest I am 3 859 12-08-2009 07:16 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)