Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was the animal genocide of Noah’s day justified?
08-17-2009, 02:48 PM

Many Christian and Catholics justify the killing of the human population of Noah’s day, including the innocent children and babies as a judgment against an evil population.

I recognize that the genocide of man has been argued forever and believers have no problem with that particular genocide and I do not want to rehash that particular issue. All one need do is recognize that the notion of free will did not exist back then for the population and move on.

Having killed many animals, even by hand, and not being bothered by it, I can tell you that at a certain number, even my hard stomach and heart begins to be upset and I have to take a break from the slaughter of these food animals.

I just cannot find any justification for the slaughter of the earths animal population at the time of Noah. Some say that animals have souls the same as humans but frankly I cannot see God putting souls into what He has said is meat to us.

It cannot be said then that animals are evil because they cannot discern good and evil. Only man and God can do such.

The only reason I can think of for the slaughter and genocide of the animals is then cruelty. God could have easily spared all of them and did not.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Was He just being cruel to His perfectly created animals or is there some other motivator that I am missing?

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2009, 06:05 PM
RE: Was the animal genocide of Noah’s day justified?
The whole idea is full of holes. First of all, if god is both all-powerful and all-knowing (as he is clearly stated to be in the bible,) then there is no good and evil because god knew exactly what he was doing when he created us and none of it is our fault. Furthermore, I refuse to believe that out of all the people in the world, the only good people were a drunken fool, his three sons, and their wives. First of all, if society was actually that evil then there's just no way that all of Noah's sons would remain pure. Second of all . . . they're not pure. Read about what happens immediately after they land.

Typical judeo-christian ideology. Noah is pure because he follows god, despite the fact that he is a drunken disgrace.

Then we can talk about the judgment, utterly unjustified. Clearly we are not responsible for evil, because god is both all-powerful and all-knowing, thus god is responsible for evil. God wiped out the population of the world, and why? What a cruel, pointless god.

And before people come in saying that the Noah story should not be taken literally because it is in Genesis and thus myth, I say to you:

1. Why should it be taken any less literally than the Jesus story?
2. How is the Noah story any different from the genocidal slaughter of people listed in Exodus-Judges, and beyond, or for that matter the utterly cruel concept of hell, so clearly put forth in the New Testament?

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Good points.

Regards
DL
08-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Well, I haven't been here for a while and it is sad to see that Gtseng3 has not wavered in spreading heresy. Check the scripture - Noah is saved by grace - Genesis 6:8. The characteristics that are attributed to him (walked with God, perfect within his generation, just) all point to the fact that Noah was under Gods grace and saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. Noah's goodness didn't save him....just as no mans goodness will ever save him. It was Gods grace and that alone.

As for the animals being evil - well the whole of Gods creation is under sin so despite the truth that an animal does not have a soul, they are still affected by sin.
08-19-2009, 03:32 AM
Heresy? Wow, that's not a word you hear very often nowadays.

Technically I'm not spreading heresy. Heresy as I understand it is an alternate and unorthodox view of a religion. What I am spreading is blasphemy.

And it would have been very difficult for Noah to have been saved by Jesus. Unless you're Mormon, Jesus is not in the habit of saving people post mortem, which Noah most certainly was. Further, if Noah was saved by Jesus then his sacrifice of animals after the flood would be pointless, as animal sacrifice is replaced by the blood sacrifice of Jesus.

Now, allow me to break down your philosophy. You believe we all deserve hell. That any of us who get into heaven do so only because Jesus dies for us undeserving sinners. You say that if we get our just deserts, we deserve hell.

How is that possible when god is both all-powerful and all-knowing, and thus created us this way? And he did create us this way in your world-view, because if god had not pre-programmed adam and eve for sin then sin would not have occurred . . . or else god is not both all-powerful and all-knowing.

Again, an all-powerful, all-knowing god eliminates free will. Where there is no free will there cannot be sin.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Day of Judgment Day: Feast of Trumpets as Gabriel blows the Final Trumpet ShepardForever8 3 1,686 04-12-2014 03:52 AM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  The Middle East Who does the land belong to? Is war ever Justified? Azoth 113 5,219 03-29-2014 05:14 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  Animal Testing GroundX3RO 19 1,854 09-27-2013 04:43 PM
Last Post: Achrelos
  How do you Justify Genocide in the Old Testament? Azrael17 26 1,886 06-13-2013 07:25 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Did God and Noah do unto others in Noah’s day? Greatest I am 61 6,970 10-30-2011 07:47 PM
Last Post: steveeden
  God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious. Greatest I am 3 663 10-07-2011 03:54 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Was the animal genocide of Noah’s day justified? Greatest I am 4 2,786 02-20-2010 01:03 PM
  End time. Will God fail again as in the end time of Noah‘s day? Greatest I am 16 3,052 10-24-2009 11:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)