Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was the animal genocide of Noah’s day justified?
02-19-2010, 11:01 AM

Many Christian and Catholics justify the killing of the human population of Noah’s day, including the innocent children and babies as a judgment against an evil population. They were evil children and babies and are to be fodder for hell along with their parents.

I recognize that the genocide of man has been argued forever and believers have no problem with that particular genocide and I do not want to rehash that particular issue. All one need do is recognize that the notion of free will did not exist back then for the population and move on.

Having killed many animals, even by hand, and not being bothered by it, I can tell you that at a certain number, even my hard stomach and heart begins to be upset and I have to take a break from the slaughter of these food animals.

I just cannot find any justification for the slaughter of the earths animal population at the time of Noah. Some say that animals have souls the same as humans but frankly I cannot see God putting souls into what He has said is meat to us.

It cannot be said then that animals are evil because they cannot discern good and evil. Only man and God can do such.

The only reason I can think of for the slaughter and genocide of the animals is then cruelty. God could have easily spared all of them and did not.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Humans aside.
Was God just being cruel to His perfectly created animals or is there some other motivator that I am missing?

No adding to scripture now.

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2010, 05:59 PM
RE: Was the animal genocide of Noah’s day justified?
(02-19-2010 11:01 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Was the animal genocide of Noah’s day justified?

Many Christian and Catholics justify the killing of the human population of Noah’s day, including the innocent children and babies as a judgment against an evil population. They were evil children and babies and are to be fodder for hell along with their parents.

I recognize that the genocide of man has been argued forever and believers have no problem with that particular genocide and I do not want to rehash that particular issue. All one need do is recognize that the notion of free will did not exist back then for the population and move on.

Having killed many animals, even by hand, and not being bothered by it, I can tell you that at a certain number, even my hard stomach and heart begins to be upset and I have to take a break from the slaughter of these food animals.

I just cannot find any justification for the slaughter of the earths animal population at the time of Noah. Some say that animals have souls the same as humans but frankly I cannot see God putting souls into what He has said is meat to us.

It cannot be said then that animals are evil because they cannot discern good and evil. Only man and God can do such.

The only reason I can think of for the slaughter and genocide of the animals is then cruelty. God could have easily spared all of them and did not.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Humans aside.
Was God just being cruel to His perfectly created animals or is there some other motivator that I am missing?

No adding to scripture now.

Regards
DL

Not to worry! It's all make-believe story-telling to scare people into believing in a cruel god. In the original Flood story before Hebrews did their makeover of it, it was Ellil who couldn't stand the noise humankind was making so he caused the Flood. Look at where these people were worshiping and concocting their Flood myth:

[Image: Mesopotamian_Reed_Temple_or_Coun-1.gif]

These reed temples were built right on the banks of the Euphrates and as anyone who lives in a flood plain knows, floods can be about the worse thing that can happen to a community. They just expanded and projected their flood fears into a worldwide flood that never occurred.
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree with Biomystic it was not a global flood.

It was a localized flood and not a global flood. Now we know that there are almost 30 million species of animals and plants. Prophet Noah saved only a few mammalian species of human need in the local area. To save all, he would have needed something larger than the largest cruise ship of the present time.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
(02-19-2010 06:06 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  I agree with Biomystic it was not a global flood.

It was a localized flood and not a global flood. Now we know that there are almost 30 million species of animals and plants. Prophet Noah saved only a few mammalian species of human need in the local area. To save all, he would have needed something larger than the largest cruise ship of the present time.

Well now. Ahmadi, here is a place you admit Muhammad didn't know what he was talking about. What's that do to your idolization of him and his book? Does it register as a contradiction to you or are you going to carry on with cognitive dissonance disallowing you to see any problem?
02-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks all.

I agree that it is a work of fiction and this is why I wanted to focus on the justification of that genocide.
It was meant more as a tool for teaching morals to foolish Christian literalists who think that the flood was a just punishment for man. Many will stick to that justification but tend to fall apart when talking of the evil animals.

That is impossible.

Regards
DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
Our next evolutionary step.
No choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Day of Judgment Day: Feast of Trumpets as Gabriel blows the Final Trumpet ShepardForever8 3 1,796 04-12-2014 03:52 AM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  The Middle East Who does the land belong to? Is war ever Justified? Azoth 113 5,511 03-29-2014 05:14 PM
Last Post: Yefet
  Animal Testing GroundX3RO 19 1,973 09-27-2013 04:43 PM
Last Post: Achrelos
  How do you Justify Genocide in the Old Testament? Azrael17 26 1,981 06-13-2013 07:25 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Did God and Noah do unto others in Noah’s day? Greatest I am 61 7,461 10-30-2011 07:47 PM
Last Post: steveeden
  God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious. Greatest I am 3 705 10-07-2011 03:54 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  End time. Will God fail again as in the end time of Noah‘s day? Greatest I am 16 3,285 10-24-2009 11:40 AM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Was the animal genocide of Noah’s day justified? Greatest I am 4 981 08-19-2009 03:32 AM
Last Post: GTseng3

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)