Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What’s wrong in Christianity?
07-17-2011, 05:54 AM
What’s wrong in Christianity?
Firstly you have to know that Christian originally meant discipline of Jesus. According to what Jesus says, true discipline of Jesus is person who remain in words that he said (John 8:31). Are today’s Christians truly disciplines of Jesus? Do they keep words that Jesus said? Are they following somebody else than Jesus? Do they even know who they are following or who they should follow?

I doubt because there’s so much teaching that’s against what Jesus said. If Christian doesn’t mean today discipline of Jesus, there’s no problem if peoples understand that. But if Christian still means discipline of Jesus, there’s much wrong in Christian world that all Christians should know. And next I am going to show you what are those wrong things that are not what Jesus told and therefore are not teachings that disciplines of Jesus should follow.

Trinity, when it means three God or that Jesus is God, may be the greatest mistake in Christianity because Jesus didn’t say that he is God. Jesus said there’s only one God (Mark 12:29, John. 5:44, John. 17:3) that is greater than him (John 14:28). So, how there can be Christians that believe more than one God or that Jesus is God, when according to what Jesus himself says that’s not true? Trinity is quite bad mistake, because greatest commandment in Old and New Testament is love one and only God more than anything. Reason why many believe against what Jesus teaches is that New Testament is wrongly interpreted. In Bible there are parts that can be interpreted so that Jesus is God. However those parts don’t mean that Jesus is God. Many make that mistake because God can be seen in Jesus, because Jesus says God words and do his works as Jesus says (John. 12:49-48, John. 14:10, John. 5:36). God’s words and works are not from Jesus but from God that’s why Jesus himself is not God but God’s dwelling.

Trinity leads us to another mistake in Christianity. If one says Jesus is God himself, he shouldn’t make pictures of him, because God has forbidden it in Ten Commandments. This is one mistake in common Christianity and it’s sad that many Christians don’t know it or don’t care. But now that you know it, don’t do pictures of Jesus if you believe he is God.

Ministers or priests are also one thing that are against Jesus words and therefore wrong thing in Christianity. Jesus said that his disciples should all be equal and they should have only one God and only one master or teacher, Jesus (Mat. 23:1-12). Some Catholics even says their priest’s fathers, although Jesus directly forbids it in Mat. 23:1-12.

Also prohibition to marriage is against Bible (First Epistle to Timothy 4:1-3). But this mistake is mainly in Catholic Church not in whole Christian world.

As a brief conclusion it can be said that true disciplines of Jesus can be recognized for that they remain in Jesus words. This means, if someone teaches something that is against it, discipline abandons it and don’t abandon words that Jesus said. That’s the first thing. Another hallmark is that disciplines love each other as Jesus teaches. If you want to be discipline of Jesus study what he teaches and keep his words.

And why these mistakes are so bad? That’s because there is same kind of promise of life like there is in that covenant that God made through Moses. If Jews love God and keep his words they shall live and have many blessings. If they don’t they will have many sufferings and eventually they will perish, if they don’t turn back to God and love him and keep his words as it is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Same thing pertain words that Jesus said. Jesus said his words are for life (John 6:63). If you leave them you also leave life. And as you can notice in Covenant that is made through Jesus and the one that is made trough Moses, most important commandment is to love God (The only God) more than anything (Deuteronomy 6:5 (Exodus 20:6) , Mat. 22:36-38). If you love God you keep his commandments. If you study what has happened to Jews in their long history, you should understand how serious thing it is to abandon God when you have accepted his Covenant as many Christians have although it seems that many of them don’t understand that they have accepted some Covenant that God made through Jesus.

Following things are parts that are wrong in Christianity, in my opinion, but what do you say, are those really mistakes? What do you think, do I understand Bible correctly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
RE: What’s wrong in Christianity?
Christianity has evolved with society and cultures. The bibile has been written by men, not any god. It was edited by men, not any god. It has been written in many different "styles" to better suit its audience in recent years. The list just goes on.
So what's wrong with christianity?
1) People.
Anytime people get involved, things can get harry. Power hungry, greedy people lead the weak and gullible.
2) The christian story.
In a world where we are supposed to realy on actuality and science - tactile things - we are asked to believe a supernatural story that's in the bible.
3) No proof.
We're asked to believe in something with no proof, no testible theories, no data (other than a book written by long dead men at a time when stories were passed down by word of mouth in a culture that beleived thunder was god coughing, the world was flat, etc).
4) The believers.
Some christians don't want to think of themselves as role models or that they should be scrutinized for their actions more than anyone else, but when you claim to be following a perfect deity, our expectations of you are great. Though it's not about if/when you fall, but how you pick yourself back up.
5) Science.
Science has replaced the original need for god in many areas of life. The more science is made avaialble to those with ½ a brain, the more god is diminished.
6) Barbaric sacrifices.
Any deity that needs animal/human sacrifices deserves to be looked at again in regards to worship
7) Logic/knowledge.
The biblical story makes no sense at all, when looked at from a purely logical standpoint.
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
(04-03-2012 04:26 PM)connermt Wrote:  Science has replaced the original need for god in many areas of life.

Need for god? I don't believe that people had need for god and therefore made Bible. In my opinion peoples are too stupid to make Bible without God's influence. Without God, peoples could only develop something simple, like evolution theory.

(04-03-2012 04:26 PM)connermt Wrote:  The biblical story makes no sense at all, when looked at from a purely logical standpoint.

Maybe you should get better logic Smile
04-04-2012, 12:14 PM
If there was an award for Patience you would would get my vote
you waited 9 months for someone to respond to your thread before posting again?
I am impressed!!
04-04-2012, 12:48 PM
(04-04-2012 12:03 PM)1213 Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 04:26 PM)connermt Wrote:  Science has replaced the original need for god in many areas of life.

Need for god? I don't believe that people had need for god and therefore made Bible. In my opinion peoples are too stupid to make Bible without God's influence. Without God, peoples could only develop something simple, like evolution theory.

(04-03-2012 04:26 PM)connermt Wrote:  The biblical story makes no sense at all, when looked at from a purely logical standpoint.

They had a need to answer questions. They filled that need with god. That would have been the better way to say it. The biblical story isn't unique in its basic detail. Many cultures have similar stories.
My logic is perfectly fine. It's served me well. Well enough to distance myself from christianity as a whole. That's good enough for me!
04-06-2012, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 04:58 AM by 1213.)
(04-04-2012 12:14 PM)Yefet Wrote:  1213,
I am impressed!!

Thank you Smile
(04-04-2012 12:48 PM)connermt Wrote:  

They had a need to answer questions. They filled that need with god. That would have been the better way to say it. The biblical story isn't unique in its basic detail. Many cultures have similar stories.
My logic is perfectly fine. It's served me well. Well enough to distance myself from christianity as a whole. That's good enough for me!

I don’t believe that need for answers make people invent God. Most likely it would only make more questions, at least if we look how atheists act.

What do you mean with "basic detail"? What culture has similar story and how it is similar?
04-06-2012, 07:29 AM
How do atheists act?

????????????????
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 11:42 AM by connermt.)
(04-06-2012 04:19 AM)1213 Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 12:14 PM)Yefet Wrote:  1213,
I am impressed!!

Thank you Smile
(04-04-2012 12:48 PM)connermt Wrote:  

I don’t believe that need for answers make people invent God. Most likely it would only make more questions, at least if we look how atheists act.

What do you mean with "basic detail"? What culture has similar story and how it is similar?

Then we disagree on why people invented gods (though that's not the only reason). Just because we get more questions than answers doesn't mean that's not a reason to invent something that can provide some answers. It likely wasn't thought through in enough detail originally (or there was no need to).
Christiainity is filled with the church/leaders annexxing other cultural dates/celebrations and suplimenting their own celebrations to garner more followers (easter, christmas are both examples). And I can't remember what culture it was, but I remember reading about another group of people who had a savior born of a virgin, whose name is very similar to jesus, men traveling to meet him, etc. that pre-dates the jesus story by decades, if not centuries. Also, the whole story of "gods coming from the sky" and "good and evil" - some of the basics of christianity - are found in other cultures from around the world. A few hours of researching reveals a lot of similarities between religions of cultures that, not only were physically close in geography and/or time, but seperated by hundreds of years and thousands of miles.
04-06-2012, 05:23 PM
The big problem with Christianity is it's based on false ideas. I have no way of proving my thesis, but neither do Christians have any proof of who Jesus was. According to biblical historians, gospels writers and Paul were not eyewitnesses to Jesus or his ministry.

I believe Jesus was God, not his son. So, most of the gospels and Paul are in error. Furthermore, quotes from the Old Testament used to justify the New Testament have been taken out of context. Check it out yourself! Find one quote by NT authors or Christians theologians that hasn't been taken out of context. It has been this way for nearly two thousand years. Christians have gone to the Old Testament and cherry picked quotes that fit their son of God story. It's misleading and very dishonest.

Islam has also plagiarized the Old Testament, taking liberty with OT text to justify its faith.

The Old Testament was written for Jews, not Christians or Muslims. Israel's remarkable survival against enormous odds is evidence of God's choice.
04-07-2012, 04:28 PM
(04-06-2012 04:19 AM)1213 Wrote:  I don’t believe that need for answers make people invent God. Most likely it would only make more questions, at least if we look how atheists act.

I am with Kev on this one. How do atheists act? Plus, from what you are saying here, and what you said above, people should still believe in Zues throwing down lighting bolts, and still believe the Gods live on the top of a mountain.

(04-06-2012 04:19 AM)1213 Wrote:  What do you mean with "basic detail"? What culture has similar story and how it is similar?

Just about all of them. Greek, Roman, Egyptian, etc etc....

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)