Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do you think?
09-23-2009, 02:13 AM
What Do you think?
Do you think, That Buddhism as a philosophy is compatible with any form of Monotheism?

I was wondering about your thoughts.

I'm a Researcher studying world religion's and I need the input of different types of Buddhist.

I'd like a detailed response from a Monk or a high ranked Buddhist.
Please include what it takes to be Buddhist, what do you believe in,
what do you do, and how do you act.

Please I'm a young Christian who is interested in other religion's of the world and I need more than books and websites for you Buddhist because
Buddhism is complex from what I understand.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2010, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 09:07 PM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
RE: What Do you think?
On 'half' of your question ..any form of Monotheism
Quote: Do you think, That Buddhism as a philosophy is compatible with any form of Monotheism? I was wondering about your thoughts. I'm a Researcher studying world religion's and I need the input of different types of Buddhist.

Quote: I'd like a detailed response from a Monk or a high ranked Buddhist.

You are obviously looking for 'data'. Can you tell us more about what particular 'data' you'd like to have? I should not be the first to actually comment (but I am pressed for time so I will anyway). IMHO , The Hindu 'Brahmas' vs. 'Several Sects" of Buddhism might be something to explore. In every one, they cannot seem to shut up about one another. With me that is almost exclusively from mythological texts and devotion elements of Buddhist Studies.

=========

FYI -- Never seems to pay to try to cover the whole waterfront.

03-26-2010, 01:01 AM
A belief that goes beyond Buddhism, but explains everything about God and the Divine in perfectly logical and rational terms is "Rational Spirituality". You may read it on the Dhaxem website.

iedge
08-26-2010, 10:13 AM
(09-23-2009 02:13 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  Do you think, That Buddhism as a philosophy is compatible with any form of Monotheism?

I was wondering about your thoughts.

I'm a Researcher studying world religion's and I need the input of different types of Buddhist.

I'd like a detailed response from a Monk or a high ranked Buddhist.
Please include what it takes to be Buddhist, what do you believe in,
what do you do, and how do you act.

Please I'm a young Christian who is interested in other religion's of the world and I need more than books and websites for you Buddhist because
Buddhism is complex from what I understand.

Azreal. I could be wrong, but I doubt you're going to find any "high ranking" Buddhists posting here, and there are dozens of different sects of Buddhism, each offering different spins on what the Buddha taught,

But, if you want to find out more about the teachings of the Buddha as they apply today - in the modern world - I highly recommend you read and research the current (14th) Dalai Lama of Tibet. His Holiness is very involved and engaged with todays world and its problems. He regularly meets with doctors, researchers and scientists to discuss current issues, yet his teachings and philosophies are very simple, straightforward, and easy to digest.

I recommend the following website as a starting point:

http://www.dalailama.com/teachings
09-06-2010, 05:26 PM
From my understanding, Buddhism is about awareness of all that is going on within my experience and to observe all that is without getting attached and "hooked into" all that comes into my awareness. Buddhism is about meditative practices that bring to awareness those things which are in the way of experiencing inner peace and contentment. I don't think any of those things are incompatible with a belief in a deity. However, our religious beliefs can often become so attached to our ego and sense of self that they can become the very thing which blocks our experience of inner peace and stunts our psychosocial and emotional maturing and development.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)