Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Is The Holy Spirit
11-23-2009, 01:50 PM
What Is The Holy Spirit
Many People Claim to have the holy spirit, but what is the Holy Spirit?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
RE: What Is The Holy Spirit
No one, they all lie about it, if it was true, y its only for christians? are others beside christians not humans?
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
(11-23-2009 01:50 PM)Lifewalk Wrote:  Many People Claim to have the holy spirit, but what is the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is supposed to be the immanent (unseen) presence of God within a person. The Holy Spirit is supposed to work 'mysteriously' (that's the word they use) in our souls to provide "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control". (Galatians 5:22-23)

When I was a very young kid (and still a Catholic Wink) I thought the mysterious part of the Holy Spirit was how the Holy Goose and the Holy Parakeet could be the same thing. Tongue The picture looked more like a seagull to me, this being the only white bird you are going to find in New York City.

Yes, it was really the Holy Ghost and the Holy Paraclete. Big Grin
I hope nobody throws Mark 3:29 at me. Sad
11-24-2009, 10:11 AM
A comparison of Bible texts that refer to the holy spirit shows that it is spoken of as ‘filling’ people; they can be ‘baptized’ with it; and they can be ‘anointed’ with it. – Luke 1:41; Matt 3:11; Acts 10:38.

Jesus also referred to the holy spirit as a ‘helper’ and he said that this helper would ‘teach,’ ‘bear witness,’ ‘speak,’ and ‘hear.’ – John 14:16, 17, 26; 15:26; 16:13. It is not unusual in the Scriptures for something to be personified. For example, wisdom is said to have ‘children.’ Luke 7:35. Sin and death are spoken of as being kings. Romans 5:14,21. While some texts say that the spirit ‘spoke’ other passages make clear that this was done through angels or humans. At 1 John 5:6-8, not only the spirit but also ‘the water and the blood’ are said to ‘bear witness.’ So, none of the expressions found in these texts in themselves prove that the holy spirit is a person.

The correct identification of the holy spirit must fit all the scriptures that refer to that spirit. With this viewpoint, it is logical to conclude that the holy spirit is the active force of God. It is not a person but is a powerful force that God causes to emanate from himself to accomplish his holy will.
11-24-2009, 11:17 AM
(11-24-2009 10:11 AM)jwitness Wrote:  The correct identification of the holy spirit must fit all the scriptures that refer to that spirit. With this viewpoint, it is logical to conclude that the holy spirit is the active force of God. It is not a person but is a powerful force that God causes to emanate from himself to accomplish his holy will.

Thart would be in accord with the idea of ruach, the breath or spirit of God, found in the Old Testament.
11-27-2009, 12:54 AM
She is the first created angel Sophia.

Genesis:
(Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.)

Proverbs: 8
("The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
before his deeds of old;
I was appointed from eternity,
from the beginning, before the world began.

When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
when there were no springs abounding with water;
before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth,
before he made the earth or its fields
or any of the dust of the world.
I was there when he set the heavens in place,
when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
when he established the clouds above
and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
when he gave the sea its boundary
so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
Then I was the craftsman at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,
rejoicing in his whole world
and delighting in mankind.
"Now then, my sons, listen to me;
blessed are those who keep my ways.
Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not ignore it.
Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.
For whoever finds me finds life
and receives favor from the LORD.
But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
all who hate me love death.")

Proverbs:
(Wisdom calls aloud in the street,
she raises her voice in the public squares;
at the head of the noisy streets she cries out,
in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:
"How long will you simple ones love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?
If you had responded to my rebuke,
I would have poured out my heart to you
and made my thoughts known to you.
But since you rejected me when I called
and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand,
since you ignored all my advice
and would not accept my rebuke,
I in turn will laugh at your disaster;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you-
when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.
"Then they will call to me but I will not answer;
they will look for me but will not find me.
Since they hated knowledge
and did not choose to fear the LORD,
since they would not accept my advice
and spurned my rebuke,
they will eat the fruit of their ways
and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.
For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,
and the complacency of fools will destroy them;
but whoever listens to me will live in safety
and be at ease, without fear of harm.")

Matthew: 3
(As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.")
The spirit stayed with him until he died on the cross that spirit was Sophia the angel of wisdom!

Sophia = Holy Spirit

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
11-27-2009, 09:23 AM
OOOOHHH, Please note again this Sophia. better you get wed with a girl name Sopiha, and have a daughet thn keep her name also as SophiaBig Grin
11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
(11-27-2009 09:23 AM)TruthWon Wrote:  OOOOHHH, Please note again this Sophia. better you get wed with a girl name Sopiha, and have a daughet thn keep her name also as SophiaBig Grin

No no that would feel awkward and strange! Lol

But did you at least read what I wrote. I am trying to point out that God said 'Our' in a part of Genesis before he created Adam. As if God had some one or some thing to talk to. So of course I claim that God was talking to Sophia/Holy Spirit.

The difference is that most people think the Holy Spirit is God but I just think it's an Angel!

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
11-28-2009, 04:13 PM
(11-28-2009 01:56 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  
(11-27-2009 09:23 AM)TruthWon Wrote:  OOOOHHH, Please note again this Sophia. better you get wed with a girl name Sopiha, and have a daughet thn keep her name also as SophiaBig Grin

No no that would feel awkward and strange! Lol

But did you at least read what I wrote. I am trying to point out that God said 'Our' in a part of Genesis before he created Adam. As if God had some one or some thing to talk to. So of course I claim that God was talking to Sophia/Holy Spirit.

The difference is that most people think the Holy Spirit is God but I just think it's an Angel!

I know buddy wats ur idea of holy spirit, but Sophia is not accepted by vast sects of christians, even many of them didnt even know, maybe its the messenger Gabriel the holy spirit, wat u think?
11-28-2009, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2009 07:34 AM by Raphael.)
Quote:In Bahá'í belief the Holy Spirit is the conduit through which the wisdom of God becomes directly associated with his messenger, and it has been described variously in different religions such as the burning bush to Moses, the sacred fire to Zoroaster, the dove to Jesus, the angel Gabriel to Muhammad, and the Holy Maiden to Bahá'u'lláh

Really is pathetic that the religious can't at least agree that they all worship the same thing under a different guise.
Or that each can offer a Holy Spirit concept to the theological cosmic ceSS pool.

Quote:The meaning of Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are identical. Holy Ghost was the common name for the Holy Spirit in English prior to the 20th century.

Quote:The term "baptize with the Holy Spirit" is encountered in each of the four gospels in descriptions of John the Baptist's prophecies of the coming Messiah who would baptize with the Holy Spirit.

Is this an important reference?
re: St. John the Baptist
Each of the 4 Gospels gives a description of the Holy Spirit?
What can we learn about truth if we investigate the rumor that the Knights Templar worshiped St. John baptist and NOT Jesus?
See the problems that ensue when cavorting with the enemy (i.e. muslims)?

Used more than English in early bible babble was Latin, and in Latin, the Holy Spirit is Spiritus Sanctus or SS.
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2008/10...-swastika/

[Image: SSSanctusSpiritusTheHOLYSPIRIT.jpg]

What does the Holy Spirit = SS symbol/association suggest about reality?

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showpost....count=1371

I like my theory best.
Sacred geometry and the Holy Spirit = 22/7 = pi

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "Holy Spirit" is not a 3rd Person of a Trinity AOYCascade 2 259 03-09-2017 09:38 AM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  Do they really have an inside track to the Holy Spirit?? Saint_of_Me 6 1,107 04-21-2015 10:12 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  The two earthly known books, the holy bible and the holy quran, are they the same? Daniel Smartone 133 7,618 11-04-2013 05:01 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Is the Holy Spirit real? chucknance 21 3,533 07-06-2012 12:49 PM
Last Post: Secular Hobbit
  Holy spirit Brianholyspirit 1 573 06-12-2012 03:33 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  Jesus vs. God vs. Lucifer vs. The Holy Spirit Trogdorrr 12 5,139 08-03-2011 11:09 PM
Last Post: steveeden
  What's with the Holy Spirit thing kevlar 146 14,202 08-03-2011 10:18 PM
Last Post: steveeden
  Heaven is the Holy Spirit ImmortalPhoenix 76 12,205 07-01-2011 06:53 PM
Last Post: Prince

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)