Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What Is the Quran About? ??
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Big Grin What Is the Quran About? ??
What Is the Quran About?

The Quran, the last revealed word of God, is the primary source of every Muslim’s faith and practice. It deals with all the subjects which concern human beings: wisdom, doctrine, worship, transactions, law, etc., but its basic theme is the relationship between God and His creatures. At the same time, it provides guidelines and detailed teachings for a just society, proper human conduct, and an equitable economic system.

Note that the Quran was revealed to Muhammad in Arabic only. So, any Quranic translation, either in English or any other language, is neither a Quran, nor a version of the Quran, but rather it is only a translation of the meaning of the Quran. The Quran exists only in the Arabic in which it was revealed.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2010, 04:42 PM
RE: What Is the Quran About? ??
So Arabic is Allah's language of choice? Funny that the Hebrews claim Hebrew is God's language of choice. More irrational still is the idea any one of humanity's languages is the choice of the God of all beings. Even sillier is the idea that one ancient patriarchal society's ideas of good social rules can be applied across the board to all world societies dealing with modern life a thousand times more complex than anything those ancient men ever dreamed of.

This is why God has abandoned the old Word(s) of God that have proven to be used as weapons against peace time and time again in favor of a new Word of God that requires no language to be understood by most every human being on earth.

The New Universal Word of God for all humankind: It tells you exactly what God wants from human beings to guide us to becoming humane beings.

[Image: GoldenRulerPax-2-1.jpg]
08-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I still don't get the whole 'translation of the meaning' thing. I understand it is only Qur'an when it's in Arabic, but a translation is rendering one language into another, so Arabic into English is a translation, so my English copy of the Qur'an is a translation, not a 'translation of the meaning'. My copy of the Illiad is a translation. My copy of The Book of the Dead is a translation. And so on.

Can someone explain this point to me please?
08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Here, I will explain Big Grin

You've got these organized religions you see and each one has its own "uniform" to distinguish it from its rivals. It's like football or army uniforms, the color must be just so, the buttons placed just so, the badges and ribbons made and placed just so, so that one's religious uniform is kosher or halal. When everything is in order you can go out and fight your rivals for territory, in this case, religious allegiance to the uniform of Islam being made out of Arabic words, no others quite acceptable. The founder of this Arabic religion wanted to conquer the world with his Arabic cultural and religious ideas, make everyone wear the same uniform. This also can be called creating a universal mono-culture, which has been tried several times in world history, e.g. the Roman Catholic Church, e.g. the Communists, e.g. the Nazis, and now in our times we have Muslims not familiar with world history attempting to do something quite similar. Unfortunately for the mono-culturalists, mono-cultures with their inherent tendency to stifle human expression, are no longer acceptable social behavior as democracy replaces totalitarian ideologies and allows people to breathe freely and worship God as God comes to them in all the myriad ways the Creator does. Just my opinion...but of course, God being with me, making sure my spiritual uniform fits me just right, it's obviously the right one for everyone else.....

What? Disagreement?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)