Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What am I?
07-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Question What am I?
I was wondering if there is a specific denomination for my type of religious beliefs (and was hoping someone could help me out).
First of all, I consider myself a Christian (in the sense that I believe that Jesus Christ was the messiah, that he died to forgive my sins, that he was resurrected, was the Son of God, etc.). However, my faith differs greatly from other Christians in that I do not believe that those who do not believe as I do will go to Hell.
I believe that since Jesus is truly forgiving and understanding, that the Truth will be revealed to all after death. It is then ones choice to accept or deny. I think this because I don't understand a truly forgiving God condemning someone to eternal suffering for not possessing ONE simple belief.
For example, I do not believe that Mohandas Gandhi is being punished in Hell now (despite his life-service to moral behavior and pacifism) because of his acceptance of another faith. However, God will forgive a life-long murderer whom, just before being executed, accepts Jesus Christ, and allows him into Heaven. (Don't get me wrong, I do believe that murderer will be forgiven. However, I also believe that Gandhi, if he accepted the Truth, now resides in Heaven).
I was just wondering if there is a name for this type of belief. If someone could help, I would be grateful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2008, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2008 11:58 AM by dell2.)
RE: What am I?
I read your forum and have one question. I know i am not answering your question but why do you believe that Jesus is the son of God.
07-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Actually I believe in the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit existing as one supreme Godhead).
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
superham Wrote:Actually I believe in the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit existing as one supreme Godhead).

Is it ok if i try debate with you on this matter. If you interested in the debate then please let me know. I have nothing interesting this summer to do except to gain knowledge and learn about other religions.
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
sure lol. i dont mind.
07-24-2008, 02:13 AM
In the world lot of religions with lot of rules.
The opportunity is, if we want we can change our Religion and if want to establish, yes we can. Apart from all first we are Human Being.

-------------
Robert
Social media marketing
07-24-2008, 09:11 AM
In the Christian faith, it's based on free will. Every human has the choice. (yes, there are those that will debate the mentally handicapped, the remote tribes, etc., but that is a different matter.)

As a Christian, the Bible is very clear. Salvation through Jesus Christ with eternity in Heaven or no salvation and an eternity in Hell. Those who have died A.D. up to the time of the great tribulation ... there are two options: salvation or not. When the tribulation happens, those who are not saved will be left behind. The book of Revelation is very clear and specific as to what happens. There is a seven year period where those left behind can be saved. When the seven years is over, the same two options apply: salvation or not.

The Bible is very clear ... no matter how 'good' you are, how sweet you are, how kind, compassionate and pacifist you are ... no matter what ... if you choose to not accept Jesus as your Savior, on the day of Judgement, standing before Him ... you can beg, plead, cry and wail ... but you will hear the words, "Depart from me, for I know you not."

But none of that will matter or mean anything unless you believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God. All of that can and will be debated by people who are not believers in Jesus Christ.

Personally, I don't care to debate my faith. I know that I won't change my mind, no matter what. I also don't push my faith on others or tell them how stupid they are or anything like that. I know that there are scholars, theologians and such that pick Christianity apart to the nth degree ... but the fact is, (as it is written), it's so simple that a child can understand it. You either do or you don't.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
superham Wrote:Actually I believe in the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit existing as one supreme Godhead).
Jesus did not teach a trinity doctrine nor did his early apostles, the trinity was a manmade doctrine that made its way into the churches of christendom.
so i would have to say that i agree with the teachings of Jesus and the bible , which is true christianity , but not with the later trinity doctrine .

getting to know just what true christianity is all about is the thing to do , that is what i did and now i am one of JEHOVAHS WITNESSES

And i feel that the truth has set me free
10-14-2008, 02:11 PM
In our world there are lot of religions with rules.
Apart from all we are human being.But i do believe in religion.It's all depends on how we are believing.
-------------
siva

sreevyshcorp
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
i think you are just another brain-washed im sorry just like i was. its hard to accept that.
im a better person now than i was i depend on my 2 hands my family and friends, i try to be good to them and make em happy and thats it.
i got 3 jobs i dont complain.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)