Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are you reading?
07-21-2011, 02:22 AM
What are you reading?
I am more of a book reader then a music listener, so I would like to start this parallel thread.

Recently finished 'The Jewish Messiah' by Arnon Grunberg (a crazy book, interesting though), now reading a biography of Spinoza and a book about essence from Almaas. On my to read list are´Through the narrow Gate´by Karen Armstrong, a biography of Paulo Coelho and 'The gardens of light' from Amin Malouf.

Also I still need to read a few articles that I had a discussion with Clem about (sorry Clem, didn't get round to it yet, I tried to look for them but probably have to buy the magazines)

Osho: "Enlightenment means being fully conscious, aware. Ordinarily we are not conscious and not aware. We are doing things either out of habit or out of biological instinct".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2011, 02:26 AM
RE: What are you reading?
Man and the Computer, by John Diebold.
07-21-2011, 02:37 AM
I have just finished reading Science and the Akashic Field by Ervin Laszlo and The Complete Guide to Aspergers Syndrome by Tony Attwood.

I am waiting on a copy of Anarchy Evolution: Faith, Science, and Bad Religion in a World Without God by Greg Graffin (singer for Bad Religion) and Steve Olson that I ordered.

I am also going to read Towers of Midnight by Brandon Sanderson (Robert Jordan) very soon.

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. - Nietzsche
07-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm reading a Russian author's take (in translation although it would be cool to be able to say I was reading it in Russian) on vampires, werewolves and light versus dark. For one thing, surprisingly, they all seem to drink alot of vodka at all hours of the day.
07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Siddhartha
07-21-2011, 10:34 AM
(07-21-2011 10:13 AM)Visqueen Wrote:  I'm reading a Russian author's take (in translation although it would be cool to be able to say I was reading it in Russian) on vampires, werewolves and light versus dark. For one thing, surprisingly, they all seem to drink alot of vodka at all hours of the day.

Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko. Great book, and the sequels are interesting too. Have you seen the film? Quite different to the book, you should approach as a parrallel-universe interpretation rather than a straight adaptation, but it's nicely done and feels like a nice alternative to the standard supernatural action movie.
07-21-2011, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2011 10:49 AM by Yefet.)
the new wa state tax laws
Talk about a fairy tale!!
so many hidden monsters and evil wizzards,I dont see how the hero will survive.
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
(07-21-2011 10:34 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  
(07-21-2011 10:13 AM)Visqueen Wrote:  I'm reading a Russian author's take (in translation although it would be cool to be able to say I was reading it in Russian) on vampires, werewolves and light versus dark. For one thing, surprisingly, they all seem to drink alot of vodka at all hours of the day.

Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko. Great book, and the sequels are interesting too. Have you seen the film? Quite different to the book, you should approach as a parrallel-universe interpretation rather than a straight adaptation, but it's nicely done and feels like a nice alternative to the standard supernatural action movie.

Actually the third one, the unfortunately titled Twilight Watch. I haven't seen the movie, no.
07-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Bloody stupid religion forum.org..............................Smile

????????????????
07-21-2011, 12:41 PM
(07-21-2011 11:48 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Bloody stupid religion forum.org..............................Smile
Such a coincidence, me too! Cool

Osho: "Enlightenment means being fully conscious, aware. Ordinarily we are not conscious and not aware. We are doing things either out of habit or out of biological instinct".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are you Reading? Azrael17 36 2,278 12-08-2013 04:49 PM
Last Post: Flipper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)