Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What have you read lately re: Science/Religion
07-09-2009, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 02:18 PM by Raphael.)
What have you read lately re: Science/Religion
[Image: PhDArk1.jpg]
[Image: PhDArk2.jpg]
[Image: PhDArk3.jpg]
[Image: PhDArk4.jpg]
[Image: PhDArk5.jpg]
[Image: PhDArk6.jpg]

Do I actually read them?
Or are they just for show?
Last time I went to Peru I took 2 things with me......that I was not sure I would be able to get in Peru....'rolling papers and Post-it notes'

[Image: PhDArkpostit.jpg]

the list/library is extensive...but the most important factor is .....

YOUR INTUITION or BS beacon

i.e. AND NOT ONE of these books mentions the New Age term 'LIGHTWORKER'
So what does that tell you?

LIGHTWORKER = WESTERN programming/mindset or the New Age Judeao/Christian who believes in crap for 2000+ years....and now wants to be rescued by an Alien Messiah?
And the common denominator is that physical proof exists for neither?

If you don't find your intuition switch....you won't see the sublime, the arcane, the hidden poetry in all those books......that default IMHO to the same damn archetypes.

Even the 'grey/alien' called Gandalf the GRAY who returns as Gandalf the WHITE after battling the 'dragon' and 'dying' is an archetype.
Hey Frodo throw the GOLD Ring into the FIERY FURNACE of Mount Doom...after battling the 'evil twin' golem/gollum?
GOLD RINGS and GOLD POINTED HATS were replaced by the GOLD STAR of DAVID in WWII.
gold ring...gold hat...gold hexagram = the JEW
duh didn't the herd of 'ewe' know that?
And the HERD is being lead OUT of Eden not back.... Waving Goodbye

GT and MerryAtheist have you read any of those books?
I watch very little boob-tube, ewe-tube or listen to radiowaves...

You fellas are proof positive, poster boys for my theory re: paradox of life
How people who appear smart and educated can NOT see/feel the obvious...even when placed before their seegullibles eyes...
IMHO

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2009, 02:18 PM
RE: What have you read lately Science/Religion
Here's one you should have:

"Why People Believe Weird Things" by Michael Shermer

---------------
Not selling anything.
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 02:35 PM by Raphael.)
(07-09-2009 02:18 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  Here's one you should have:

"Why People Believe Weird Things" by Michael Shermer

List the ones a wanker like you thinks is pseudoscience?

I will NOT put Shermer's book on my list to read of 'what sheeple graze when put out to pasture'
Why?
Here is a book review.....
Michael Shermer is a fookin' flip flop who supports what I wrote above about the NEW AGE JC religion praying to be redeemed by the Alien...
Thanks for supporting my position. Praise
This quote comes from the link ya gave me dink.

Quote:Few can talk with more personal authority about the range of human beliefs than Michael Shermer. At various times in the past, Shermer has believed in fundamentalist Christianity, alien abductions, Ayn Rand, megavitamin therapy, and deep-tissue massage.

Where have I written I believe in any of that?
....Shermer is just another ego trying to sell a book based on his delusions...
duh.

what is your favorite tv show dude?
I was an athlete long ago...I once watched too much tv at the firehall.
However sports I find very REPETITIVE and boring these End of the Daze.

So now please list the ones from my list EWE have read while shleep walking through life?
Want me to recommend a few?

namaste

p.s. you must realize every response/reply is making you look more and more like the merry atheist beer guzzling fool you claim you are not?
stop while EWE are ahead.
stop trying to make yourself look smart by slaying the TRUTH ...
Fools game

07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
RE: What have you read lately re: Science/Religion
I've read some of the Aztec/Maya stuff (pre-columbian history is of continuing fascination to me.) The rest, no. Though I noticed a collection of Tarot books in there, which I'm rather familiar with.

I think it's a bit ridiculous of you to set up a post just so you can insult myself and MerryAtheist, though. You should let your arguments stand (or fall, as the case may be,) on its own merits.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-09-2009, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 04:34 PM by Raphael.)
(07-09-2009 04:13 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I've read some of the Aztec/Maya stuff (pre-columbian history is of continuing fascination to me.) The rest, no. Though I noticed a collection of Tarot books in there, which I'm rather familiar with.

I think it's a bit ridiculous of you to set up a post just so you can insult myself and MerryAtheist, though. You should let your arguments stand (or fall, as the case may be,) on its own merits.

lol lol
set up a post?
no it is my calling card fella.
I have grade 12 + passion = makes me an authority. Angel
okay?
I realize the world is filled with 'your kind' Wink and it is my way of saying ...

shut-up you ignorant fool

without really saying it...you obviously got the message loud and clear?
...you are out of your element and now well deep into mine. Cool
I composed this thread because I reckon there are hundreds of millions 'your kind', and it much easier to link to this thread then debate every numb and dumb non-believing shleep-walker that decides to challenge my unique journey.

experts are often idiots with a PhD-uh
experts in a field are often so focused on their field of expertise they have tunnel vision....and miss the obvious.
experts are divided on almost every issue.
give me an issue...put the experts on all sides of the issue and they can never agree......we the non-expert get caught in the middle and suffer while they get tenure and perks.

religious 'scholars' are the best example I can think of?
how can they all be scholarly but they can't agree? Praying

I try to find the common ground that I know MUST exist.
Like positive is RED and negative is BLACK and has been for at least 10,000 years (want me to prove it using cave art and the science you beholden as golden?)
...simple stuff that even the expert must adhere too...ya hear?

TRUTH is TRUTH is TRUTH is TRUTH .... to infinity and beyond mr. toy story.

List the books on my list that you have read ignoramus.
Want me to define ignorance for you again?

So what do you read?
EH?
Comic books and the National Enquirer?

By the way I do need to update my image file ... re: the books I am currently digesting so I can spew them back at the herd of ewe.

namaste

07-09-2009, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 05:22 PM by PatPar.)
(07-09-2009 04:29 PM)Raphael Wrote:  experts are often idiots with a PhD-uh
experts in a field are often so focused on their field of expertise they have tunnel vision....and miss the obvious.
experts are divided on almost every issue.
give me an issue...put the experts on all sides of the issue and they can never agree......we the non-expert get caught in the middle and suffer while they get tenure and perks.

religious 'scholars' are the best example I can think of?
how can they all be scholarly but they can't agree?

I try to find the common ground that I know MUST exist.
Like positive is RED and negative is BLACK...simple stuff that even the expert must adhere too...ya hear?

TRUTH is TRUTH is TRUTH is TRUTH .... to infinity and beyond mr. toy story.

I must agree with you on the above. Does anyone know why these problems occur?

1) PRIDE - people always want to be right, and become offended if you say they are wrong.
2) GROUP PSYCHOLOGY & HUMAN SURVIVAL - People always take sides on an issue and groups always agree with each other and their leaders, as to do otherwise involves the risk of ostracism and we do not survive well alone.
3) LACK OF OBJECTIVITY - most people are not able to think logically and objectively, as doing so always leads to one correct answer, even if that answer is simply that there is conflicting information.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/discipleschrist/
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
(07-09-2009 04:39 PM)PatPar Wrote:  I must agree with you on the above. Does anyone know why this is?

1) PRIDE - people always want to be right, and become offended if you say they are wrong.
2) GROUP PSYCHOLOGY & HUMAN SURVIVAL - People always take sides on an issue and groups always agree with each other and their leaders, as to do otherwise precludes the risk of ostracism and we do not survive well alone.
3) LACK OF OBJECTIVITY - most people are not able to think logically and objectively, as doing so always leads to one correct answer, even if that answer is simply that there is conflicting information.

two words sums up all of the above

THE MOB

namaste

03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
RE: What have you read lately re: Science/Religion
I want to know the things you know
Which book should I star with?
03-20-2010, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 06:15 AM by Raphael.)
(03-19-2010 01:50 PM)muslim girl Wrote:  I want to know the things you know

read more
less boob tube and ewe tube
(be selective with both...your brain is a sponge)
garbage in = garbage out Praying

less commercial radio
less external distraction
more internal focus
I have spent the last 3 years 24/7, focusing on certain concepts, meditating on certain symbols and geometric forms.

what your true 'intent' is, soon becomes the key that decides if you will succeed or fail when seeking what I seek.
As long as your 'intent' remains true blue, the KEY stays with you.

...the book I recommended by Annemarie Schimmel NOT on that list is a good place to start.

I feel through NUMBERS that are found common in the various beliefs, you will start to see the underlying unity or at least start to question why are there so many coincidences?

Numbers can assist the observer in interpreting the many ambiguous, conflicting messages.
Learn about the symbols, and pervasive archetypes that are common to all of the various beliefs.

Then a shift occurs in how you start to interpret the scriptures.
No longer is it necessary to make reality FIT the Bible or Koran narrative...what happens is you realize that jeSuS and Mohamed become resonate archetypes that can be made to FIT reality quite easily on many 'levels'.

Soon jeSuS, MoSeS, Mohammed and the Buddha become footnotes to a more important message that can be comprehended in all the narratives. Wink

The need to defend or posit one belief over the other disappears in that kind of clarity.

namaste

p.s.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83136
this other thread on another forum lists many other good books I use as reference, that are not mentioned in this thread. Wink

the sources to access the TRUTH is varied and many.
of course it would be.
who owns the TRUTH?

03-23-2010, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2010 12:30 PM by muslim girl.)
(03-20-2010 06:09 AM)Raphael Wrote:  
(03-19-2010 01:50 PM)muslim girl Wrote:  I want to know the things you know

read more
less boob tube and ewe tube
(be selective with both...your brain is a sponge)
garbage in = garbage out Praying

less commercial radio
less external distraction
more internal focus
I have spent the last 3 years 24/7, focusing on certain concepts, meditating on certain symbols and geometric forms.

what your true 'intent' is, soon becomes the key that decides if you will succeed or fail when seeking what I seek.
As long as your 'intent' remains true blue, the KEY stays with you.

...the book I recommended by Annemarie Schimmel NOT on that list is a good place to start.

I feel through NUMBERS that are found common in the various beliefs, you will start to see the underlying unity or at least start to question why are there so many coincidences?

Numbers can assist the observer in interpreting the many ambiguous, conflicting messages.
Learn about the symbols, and pervasive archetypes that are common to all of the various beliefs.

Then a shift occurs in how you start to interpret the scriptures.
No longer is it necessary to make reality FIT the Bible or Koran narrative...what happens is you realize that jeSuS and Mohamed become resonate archetypes that can be made to FIT reality quite easily on many 'levels'.

Soon jeSuS, MoSeS, Mohammed and the Buddha become footnotes to a more important message that can be comprehended in all the narratives. Wink

The need to defend or posit one belief over the other disappears in that kind of clarity.

namaste

p.s.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83136
this other thread on another forum lists many other good books I use as reference, that are not mentioned in this thread. Wink

the sources to access the TRUTH is varied and many.
of course it would be.
who owns the TRUTH?

take care I will be forever Muslim by godshelp
however,thankyou
I like to know about numbers and symbole like you
not be without religion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  isnt science the same as religion? BuddhaThaSnake 89 5,598 08-24-2014 12:42 PM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  Science and Religion are both true miyono-suke 84 5,014 06-01-2014 08:46 AM
  The Biggest Difference between Science and Religion QuestionMark 24 1,912 04-02-2014 08:20 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Science/Religion Analogy QuestionMark 3 770 03-30-2014 09:42 AM
Last Post: Scientist
  Science & Religion - Same Thing Different Timeline nabeelfarooqui98 5 776 03-21-2014 11:04 AM
Last Post: Aviara
  Science is not religion.... but why not make it one? StarStuff 16 1,891 03-06-2014 04:53 AM
  Ghosts, spirits, religion and science ! hellboykl 4 741 02-22-2014 06:38 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Controversies between religion and science. Leosnake 72 8,892 02-15-2014 12:26 PM
Last Post: Leosnake
  SCIENCE AND RELIGION avatar 31 6,292 09-21-2013 03:30 PM
Last Post: Vagabond
  Theory of Evolution: Science not Religion. Achrelos 82 5,537 09-01-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: davek121

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)