Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What if?
10-07-2009, 09:33 PM
What if?
I'm a big fan of "what if" questions and creative thinking.

So here is the biggest yet most unlikely one I've ever thought of.

What if at some point in the past Mars had life?
What if it had intelligent life but they invented Atomic Bombs and well you know?

What if some of the people on Mars built a ship and came to Earth?
What if those where the Ancient Gods people worship?

If it where proven that all of that where true would any of you stop being religous or would you adapt to all of that information?

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
RE: What if?
Well, I'm not religious now so in that scenario I'd be free to remain non-religious.

Frankly, I'm more inclined to believe the people from Mars came to Earth and started Hip-Hop culture, because that consists of behavior, speech, and fashion that is, and will remain, completely alien to me.

---------------
Not selling anything.
10-07-2009, 11:34 PM
(10-07-2009 10:55 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  Well, I'm not religious now so in that scenario I'd be free to remain non-religious.

Frankly, I'm more inclined to believe the people from Mars came to Earth and started Hip-Hop culture, because that consists of behavior, speech, and fashion that is, and will remain, completely alien to me.

Another interesting point.

People will consider ideas they never thought of as Alien or Divine.
As if the Idea came from a source other than themselves.
This feeling is some times called Inspiration!

I am Monotheist but for the sake of starting an interesting conversation, I will put that aside for a second.

There is another aspect to consider with Inspiration perhaps we don't always need a source. When a person conceives an idea that has never been thought of before. Then He is Inventing an Idea.

So there are Inventors of Thought who conceived Religion and Spiritualism. Some Inventors of Thought created the concept of Logic and Creativity which form the basis of human thought.

From Logic people have created Science, but it was a rocky start for Science. First there where people called Alchemist and Magicians who ignorant people all thought used magic to do evil. When in fact most of these people helped advance Science into what it is today.

A man of Science is not evil because of Science. Science is a Tool that humans employ to get tasks done. Just as Faith can be a Tool to employ to get tasks done.
"So the Gun is not a killer, the man holding the gun is the killer."
Faith and Logic can be used by either good or evil people.

Each new person brings some thing else to the table thus Humanity as a whole is Evolving and moving forward.

If at some point however we become Prideful and think we don't need improvement then we might revert back to our baser animal Instincts which would cause Humanity to Devolve into stupid idiots.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
10-08-2009, 06:40 AM
(10-07-2009 10:55 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  Frankly, I'm more inclined to believe the people from Mars came to Earth and started Hip-Hop culture, because that consists of behavior, speech, and fashion that is, and will remain, completely alien to me.

You should go on the David Icke site and suggest that, they'd probably run with it!
10-08-2009, 08:32 AM
This is the premise of Stargate. Stargate: Universe just started up. I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

The "gods-as-aliens" idea is one that I adore. It is one of my favorite fantasy/sci-fi premises. Regrettably, it has the same problem as the actual religions have, being that all the evidence seems to be against it.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-10-2009, 10:07 PM
(10-08-2009 08:32 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  This is the premise of Stargate. Stargate: Universe just started up. I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

The "gods-as-aliens" idea is one that I adore. It is one of my favorite fantasy/sci-fi premises. Regrettably, it has the same problem as the actual religions have, being that all the evidence seems to be against it.

Can you provide your evidence against it?

at the same time can any one provide evidence for it?

If so how and why?

10-10-2009, 11:11 PM
The evidence against it is mostly that the evidence for it is entirely circumstantial and coincidental. It would take up a great deal of time to debunk ALL the theories, because the reasons why the Egyptian gods are not aliens are different from the reasons why the Aztec gods are not aliens. Basically, though, there were no major technology jumps, and architecture that we once found "mysterious" actually has a particular purpose.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
05-09-2010, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 01:21 PM by muslim girl.)
What if at some point in the past Mars had life?
We will live with peace with them
What if it had intelligent life but they invented Atomic Bombs and well you know?
If they want every thing for them them will be a war Smile
What if some of the people on Mars built a ship and came to Earth?
Smile
What if those where the Ancient Gods people worship?
He know the future so he is god
He take care about us (if you look at cell division at how you were created, you will notice that with out god, the rare should be to have full human)
He will not allow to others to alleged his mighty doing to their selves
There is creator = there is god
And I worship him

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)