Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Spiritual?
07-26-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: What is Spiritual?
It could be sophisticated mentalism if it wasn't spirits actually working wonders, I'm open to either option myself lol

"To yield and give way to our passions is the lowest slavery, even as to rule over them is the only liberty." -Justin Martyr
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2014, 07:58 PM
(07-26-2014 10:33 AM)Spiny Norman Wrote:  I assumed it was Spiritualism, the religious system. I went to a Spiritualist meeting once, out of curiosity. I went in very skeptical and came out, well, certainly less skeptical. There was definitely something unusual going on. It felt to me more like mind-reading the audience than actual contact with spirits, but obviously I can't say for sure.

Anyway, it's something that's worth experiencing if you get a chance.

As for being spiritual, well it seems to mean all sorts of different things to different people - a bit like "God" really. Wink

^ Definitions according to materialistic practice.
07-27-2014, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 04:40 AM by Spiny Norman.)
(07-26-2014 07:58 PM)01234g Wrote:  
(07-26-2014 10:33 AM)Spiny Norman Wrote:  I assumed it was Spiritualism, the religious system. I went to a Spiritualist meeting once, out of curiosity. I went in very skeptical and came out, well, certainly less skeptical. There was definitely something unusual going on. It felt to me more like mind-reading the audience than actual contact with spirits, but obviously I can't say for sure.

Anyway, it's something that's worth experiencing if you get a chance.

As for being spiritual, well it seems to mean all sorts of different things to different people - a bit like "God" really. Wink

^ Definitions according to materialistic practice.

There are definitions according to all sorts of viewpoints. I honestly don't think it's possible to get a consistent definition of words like "spiritual" and "God", everyone seems to have their own take.
(07-26-2014 02:13 PM)shiverleaf15 Wrote:  It could be sophisticated mentalism if it wasn't spirits actually working wonders, I'm open to either option myself lol

Yes, I wondered about mentalism, but it seemed like more than that.
10-15-2014, 02:35 PM
(07-15-2013 12:00 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  What do you believe is Spiritual?

I would attempt to define it as any experience which leaves a positive lasting effect upon a person.

Spiritual comes from the word "spirit". A human is split up into body, mind, soul. Soul in my opinion is another word for spirit. I consider the body as the most inferior part, rather as a cage captivating my soul/spirit. The mind is the ratio. It dominates surely over the body but serves originally only to experience the basic fears (fear from falling and from loud noises) and to ask questions. The predominantly part is the soul, presiding over mind and body. But in a lifetime a harmonious co-operation of all three is important.

Spiritual is what comes from the (your) soul. The soul is your inner self. When your soul is laughing, the happiness penetrates to the outside - so you are radiating to your environment. But soul also means your heart. To see with the eyes of your heart means feelings and intuition from your deepest inner. It is important to listen to your inner self, to lock out all other disturbing thoughts and empty your head, being just alone with you - in silence.
01-15-2017, 12:57 AM
i mind the living force yet i aint even a padawan learner yet; being a jedi seems a little too fantastical.
But the living force i can dig that.
01-19-2017, 01:36 AM
i dont think the words i am spiritual impresser anyone unless you have a good basis for it. And the meanings jive with reality.
01-23-2017, 09:41 AM
(07-15-2013 12:00 AM)Azrael17 Wrote:  What do you believe is Spiritual?

I would attempt to define it as any experience which leaves a positive lasting effect upon a person.

I would say that anything that expands the consciousness of the human being ,so as to enable him to be more self-aware and loving, is spiritual.
02-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Spiritul or spirituality doesn't mean any particular practice. Spirituality is when you cultivate your body, mind, emotions and energies to a certain level of maturity, something else blossoms within you and that is what is spirituality.
08-29-2017, 04:59 AM
In some of the Puranas the evidence is given that if someone is simply meditating on devotional activities, he has achieved the desired result and has seen face to face the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
08-30-2017, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017 09:43 AM by IMtM.)
(08-29-2017 04:59 AM)iandkrsna Wrote:  In some of the Puranas the evidence is given that if someone is simply meditating on devotional activities, he has achieved the desired result and has seen face to face the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
That's all nice and all except for the fact that the Godhead is not a Person. It is a flow or a function of Genius. Every one of us is the prophet of our own unique, divine perspective of Genius or Godhead. It is only the weakest of us who would wish to enslave others with their prophecy. The great serve to inspire and "draw out" the Genius of those around them.

The highest conceptualization of God that retains a personality is the Demiurge or creator deity. Beyond that, "no one can cross the Abyss" (of דעת‎). Love is the law, love under will. Love is re-union through the destruction of arbitrary borderlines.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)