Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What is Tawheed?
05-04-2010, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010 05:56 PM by smart-girl.)
What is Tawheed?
The principle of Tawheed is the fundamental principle of Islam on which all other principles, rules and pillars are based. The aspect of Tawheed emanates from the Shahada "There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is His servant and Messenger". It is this declaration that forms the dividing line between Iman (belief) and Kufr (disbelief).

The linguistic definition of Tawheed
It means unification and is derived from the Arabic verb ‘Wahhada’ (which means to unite, join, combine or consolidate).

The Shari’ah definition of Tawheed
"To submit or to confess the Lordship of Allah and to purify Allah’s names, attributes and any deed of creation and not to associate anything with Him."

Tawheed is the realisation of Allah (SWT) in all actions, verbal and physical. The essentials of which if negated or denied, leads to disbelief. Scholars past and present differ on the exact divisions of this term and it has thus been divided into many divisions. However, it is usual to find Tawheed classified in the following way.

Tawheed al-Rububiyah
This is the belief that Allah (SWT) is One without partner in His dominion. He is Lord and Sustainer of the universe in all matters of creation, planning and controlling, i.e. the Creator. Tawheed al-Rububiyah is based on the fundamental concept that Allah (SWT) alone caused all things to exist. Allah (SWT) sustains and maintains the creation and He (SWT) is independent from His creation. Allah (SWT) says;

"Allah is the Creator of all things and He is the agent on which all things depend." [Quran 39:62]
"Allah created you and whatever you do." [Quran 37:96]
"And no calamity strikes except by Allah’s permission." [Quran 64:11]

Tawheed al-Asmaa wa al-Sifaat
This is the belief that Allah (SWT) is one without similitude in His names and attributes. Allah (SWT) must be referred to in the manner He and His Messenger (SAW) have described Him. Allah (SWT)’s attributes and names must be taken in the absolute sense, free from human deficiencies of interpretation. Only Allah (SWT) is Al-Hakim, Al-Rahman, Al-Malik, Al-Haq. There are certain names of Allah that must be known and understood by necessity. These are:

• Al-Khaliq-nearest meaning ‘the Creator’.
• Al-Raziq -nearest meaning ‘the Provider’.
• Al-Ahad-nearest meaning ‘the One’.
• Al-Muhyi wa al-Mumeet-nearest meaning ‘the Giver and Taker of life’.
• Al-Muqaddir-nearest meaning ‘the One who controls Fate and Decree’.
• Al-Amir-nearest meaning ‘the Commander’.

The above meanings are only indications and are not exact translations of Allah’s attributes.

Allah (SWT) says:
"The rule (Command) belongs to none but Allah" [Quran 12:40]
"To Him belongs the Creating and the Commanding." [Quran 7:54]

In reference to the word ‘Ahad’, Allah (SWT) says: "Say: He is Ahad" [Quran 112:1]
The term ‘Ahad’ is unique since it was never used prior to revelation. In the revelation it was used by Allah (SWT) to describe Himself. To simplify the term to mean Allah (SWT) is ‘One’ is a gross misrepresentation. This attribute of Allah (SWT) does not merely encompass a number. Man with his limitations can never comprehend the term ‘Ahad’. Similarly, Allah (SWT)’s attribute, Al-Rahman, ‘The Merciful’, is not mercy as we limited humans understand. Allah (SWT)’s Rahma is beyond human comprehension.

Allah (SWT) states;
"There is nothing like Him" [Quran 42:11]
"And never has there been anyone coequal with Him." [Quran 112:4]

If we start applying human interpretations to Allah (SWT)’s attributes, in essence what we are doing is assigning human attributes to Allah (SWT). This is contrary to the fact that He is independent from His creation.
Tawheed al-Uluhiyah
This is also known as Ibadah. This is the belief that Allah (SWT) is One without rival in His divinity and in worship, i.e. the Commander. Allah (SWT) is worthy of worship and all worship must be directed to Him. This necessitates the complete and absolute denial of all forms of intercession and association of partners with Allah (SWT). Worship encompasses much more than Salah, Zakat, hajj, etc. It is the total obedience to Allah (SWT) as the Lawgiver, the Controller, the Commander and the Legislator.

Implementation of man-made laws, institutions and secular legal systems that are not based on the Shari’ah (Divine Law ) are kufr actions. This constitutes a form of worship - before the advent of Islam although the existence of Allah (SWT) was not refuted, many idols were attributed to Him and His laws were forsaken and replaced by man-made laws. Allah (SWT) says regarding this:

"Those who do not rule by what Allah has revealed, they are the disbelievers." [Quran 5:44]
"Follow whatever has been revealed from your Lord and do not follow anyone else." [Quran 7:3]

Tawheed al-Uluhiyah requires the implementation of Islam in all Muslim lands. Those in a position to change the secular rule must do so and those unable to must speak out against it.

When the complete conviction of Tawheed (i.e. to submit, to worship, to obey, to follow sincerely for Allah (SWT) ) becomes a reality in each aspect of an individual’s life, man is released from all other bonds and attachments. Thus the only allegiance is to Allah (SWT) and there is complete disassociation from Kufr. This allegiance is to Allah, His deen, His books, His messengers and to the path of His good servants and purification from any Taghout. ‘Al-Taghout’ has been defined by Ibn Qayim as anything where the servant exceeds his limit of servitude.

"Whoever rejects Taghout and believes in Allah will have grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break." [Quran 2:256]

Each classification overlaps and is inseparable. Therefore to negate any aspect of Tawheed is to negate a fundamental principle of Tawheed.

{إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَأَخْبَتُواْ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الجَنَّةِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ }
هود23
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2010, 01:41 AM
RE: What is Tawheed?
There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

thank u..wonderful article..!!
08-28-2010, 05:27 AM
(08-28-2010 02:27 AM)rmartin345 Wrote:  Tawhid is the most important Islamic belief. This means that everything in existence comes from the one and only Creator, who is also the support and the sole source of the Word of Tawheed Guidance.By the grace of Allah, has become a word that has a reputation among Muslims.

Dr. Rick?

If Muhammad was never taught the identity of Allah and has no real idea what Allah is other than a laundry list of attributes and platitudes, how can Islam make any claims to spiritual knowledge for others to follow as rules of belief?
08-28-2010, 04:25 PM
This statement:

"There is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his messenger"

Is rather striking. It appears that what this is saying is that all the prophets before Mohammad were not messengers of Allah...which is true!!..Although Muslims say we MUST believe in the previous Prophets to be Muslim, they dont really.

This statement above truly reflects who Allah is and that Mohammad is his one and only messenger. So this statement rejects the previous Prophets which in my view is rightly so because they never preached ALLAH's word to begin with.

If the word Allah was ever meant to be another word for God then this is how it would sound

"There is no God but God". Sounds stupid doesn't it.

This statement is an attempt to replace the God YAHWEH (I AM) with the Islamic GOD Allah.
08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
(08-28-2010 04:25 PM)Phill Wrote:  This statement:

I will learn you Arabic "and "use when the first thing share the second thing
Here the shared is that you believe that
First: There is no God but Allah
Second: Mohammad is his messenger
The both share: that you believe the two
08-30-2010, 02:32 PM
(08-30-2010 07:33 AM)muslim girl Wrote:  

Muslim girl, who has helped more human beings to live and who has been a cause for human beings to kill each other, Muhammad or Louis Pasteur?

Who then is the real messenger of God's love and concern for humanity, Muhammad or Louis Pasteur?

My prophet, Jesus Christ, predicted Louis Pasteur and people like him and medical people who save lives every day while Abrahamic religionists are still advocating the taking of lives.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to my Father." Jn 14:12
08-30-2010, 08:39 PM
(08-30-2010 07:33 AM)muslim girl Wrote:  

Muslim Girl you are confusing me ????

I think what your saying is

"there is no God but God"...If Allah is in fact Arabic for God. Which most Muslims agree on

"Mohammad is his messenger" So Mohammad is Allah's one and only messenger from this statement
08-30-2010, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2010 09:32 AM by muslim girl.)
God = إله
Allah = الله
There is different
God is a creator
Allah is the one who Muslims believe he is the creator
Old Arab was Pagan so for them
God = Allah and so many others (one called Hubel and others)
The prophet learn them God = Allah
"Mohammad is his messenger"
by this statement you give the adjective "messenger" to Mohammad (Allah bless and pray for him)
But you do not deny that any other from having this adjective too
7-140. Why should I seek any god other than God for you, when He has favoured you over all other people?’
in Arabic the first god = إله
secound God = Allah
so the better translation is
7-140. Why should I seek any god other than Allah for you, when He has favoured you over all other people?’
09-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Traditionally tawheed has been divided into three categories which help us to understand why Allah alone deserves to be singled out for worship. The division of tawheed into these three categories was something which was not done by the prophet of Allah (saws) or any of his companions. So is this something new that has been introduced into the religion (bida[3])? The answer to this is no, because we find that the basis of these three categories are to be found in the verses of the Qur'aan, hadeeth [authenticated reports] of the prophet (saws) and the statements of his companions.
Cool
Thanks~~~~

Buddhist Temples
Autun cathedral
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2010, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 11:12 AM by smart-girl.)
(08-05-2010 01:41 AM)super.girl Wrote:  There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

thank u..wonderful article..!!

I'm Happy on your reading of the article
THANKS Smile

(08-28-2010 02:27 AM)rmartin345 Wrote:  Tawhid is the most important Islamic belief. This means that everything in existence comes from the one and only Creator, who is also the support and the sole source of the Word of Tawheed Guidance.By the grace of Allah, has become a word that has a reputation among Muslims.

Words correctly
thank you

{إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَأَخْبَتُواْ إِلَى رَبِّهِمْ أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الجَنَّةِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ }
هود23

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)