Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the significance of the number 7 and Mohammad?
01-15-2018, 09:26 PM
RE: What is the significance of the number 7 and Mohammad?
Yes, that’s what I am saying

Click Here to know more about Islam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2018, 09:35 PM
(01-14-2018 05:00 PM)Herminator Wrote:  Yes... numbers in scripture can be added up, substracted or multiplied to yield about any outcome one wants. This forum is full of threads in which people demonstrate this....

Conclusion: there are no significant numbers in whatever scripture Wink

There's actually a ton of demonstrable numerology in scripture. It doesn't have anything to do with adding digits since positional "Arabic" numerals didn't exist until the early middle ages, but certain numbers come up more often than one would expect if the numbers were random. The Bible and Qur'an inherited most of their numerology from the Babylonians. Based on sun and moon worship (read Babylonian Number Systems and the Origin of the Calendar), the Babylonians considered the numbers 5, 7, 12, 24, 30, and 60 to be special. The Bible is chock-full of multiples and powers of these numbers. In fact, we inherited a seven-day week, a 24-hour day, 60-minute hour and 360-degree circle from the Babylonians. It's hardly a coincidence that there were twelve tribes (probably expanded from an original ten), "twelve wells and seventy palm trees" in Exodus 15:27, "seventy elders of Israel" in Exodus 24, and 144,000 sealed in Revelation 7 (though the chapter number probably is coincidence Wink).

An interesting bit of numerology from the New Testament is the story of Jesus catching exactly 153 fish in John 21. It turns out that a very similar story was told of Pythagoras a few hundred years earlier. Some fishermen agreed to give Pythagoras their fish if he told them exactly how many there were. He did and he released the fish. It's probably not a coincidence, then. that the number of fish that Jesus counted was a pythagorean number.
01-15-2018, 11:54 PM
(01-15-2018 09:35 PM)Difflugia Wrote:  
(01-14-2018 05:00 PM)Herminator Wrote:  Yes... numbers in scripture can be added up, substracted or multiplied to yield about any outcome one wants. This forum is full of threads in which people demonstrate this....

Conclusion: there are no significant numbers in whatever scripture Wink

There's actually a ton of demonstrable numerology in scripture. It doesn't have anything to do with adding digits since positional "Arabic" numerals didn't exist until the early middle ages, but certain numbers come up more often than one would expect if the numbers were random. The Bible and Qur'an inherited most of their numerology from the Babylonians. Based on sun and moon worship (read Babylonian Number Systems and the Origin of the Calendar), the Babylonians considered the numbers 5, 7, 12, 24, 30, and 60 to be special. The Bible is chock-full of multiples and powers of these numbers. In fact, we inherited a seven-day week, a 24-hour day, 60-minute hour and 360-degree circle from the Babylonians. It's hardly a coincidence that there were twelve tribes (probably expanded from an original ten), "twelve wells and seventy palm trees" in Exodus 15:27, "seventy elders of Israel" in Exodus 24, and 144,000 sealed in Revelation 7 (though the chapter number probably is coincidence Wink).

An interesting bit of numerology from the New Testament is the story of Jesus catching exactly 153 fish in John 21. It turns out that a very similar story was told of Pythagoras a few hundred years earlier. Some fishermen agreed to give Pythagoras their fish if he told them exactly how many there were. He did and he released the fish. It's probably not a coincidence, then. that the number of fish that Jesus counted was a pythagorean number.

I stand corerected! Smile

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
01-16-2018, 08:45 AM
(01-15-2018 11:54 PM)Herminator Wrote:  I stand corerected! Smile

At the risk of sounding like I'm proselytizing, I want you to see how much cool stuff there is in the Bible. Since you're not shackled by belief, you're free to look behind the curtain.
01-16-2018, 03:37 PM
(01-16-2018 08:45 AM)Difflugia Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 11:54 PM)Herminator Wrote:  I stand corerected! Smile

At the risk of sounding like I'm proselytizing, I want you to see how much cool stuff there is in the Bible. Since you're not shackled by belief, you're free to look behind the curtain.

I've tried - large parts of my family are very religious so it was kind of natural to start reading at a time.

I never got beyond the awful language, and a handful of blatant impossibilities.

The numerology seems to be very interesting, but you'll agree I won't find any of that by simply reading the Bible. I'm afraid I have to simply wait for snippets of knowledge like yours above Smile

(ps: I'll dive into numerology on the internet though)

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
02-17-2018, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 12:59 PM by Visqueen.)
Hi, my name is burke and I'm a pathetic human being with nothing to do and because I have so much time on my hands all I can think to do is troll and spam a tiny little site on the net. I am to be pitied because I am such a waste of time, the space I take up both physically and here on this site, and the oxygen I breathe, hence depriving others actually worthy of making better use of that oxygen. I am a very sad small person with no power and I will apparently keep doing this because I am powerless in my actual life. I am a very pitiful creature, no doubt plagued by serious mental health issues which are not being addressed properly and I lash out the only way I can for free - spamming this small site.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best number ever jd2456 28 9,952 09-09-2016 06:53 AM
Last Post: Richard
  The Number 4 and Christianity! Azrael17 13 5,644 06-19-2010 07:05 AM
Last Post: Raphael
  666 world class divine number avatar 6 2,951 05-02-2010 09:33 AM
Last Post: kevlar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)