Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the spiritual gift you like best and why
03-17-2017, 10:04 AM
What is the spiritual gift you like best and why
There are different gifts of the Holy Ghost. I wonder which gift has helped you the most, in your life or ministry. While I like them all, while trying to pick one as favorite, I would take Faith because all the others are no good without Faith.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2017, 09:34 PM
RE: What is the spiritual gift you like best and why
(03-17-2017 10:04 AM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  There are different gifts of the Holy Ghost. I wonder which gift has helped you the most, in your life or ministry. While I like them all, while trying to pick one as favorite, I would take Faith because all the others are no good without Faith.

Each person, upon their salvation is given a spiritual gift. The Holy Spirit Gives the gifts. We don't choose which one/ ones' we'll receive.

The fruits of the spirit are -- love, joy, peace, long suffering, etc.

There is the 'by faith' chapter in Hebrew 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. And the chapter names a lot of men who By Faith did various things.

And there is the verse that says "without faith it is impossible to please God."
05-20-2017, 08:32 AM
(05-12-2017 09:34 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  
(03-17-2017 10:04 AM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  There are different gifts of the Holy Ghost. I wonder which gift has helped you the most, in your life or ministry. While I like them all, while trying to pick one as favorite, I would take Faith because all the others are no good without Faith.

Each person, upon their salvation is given a spiritual gift. The Holy Spirit Gives the gifts. We don't choose which one/ ones' we'll receive.

The fruits of the spirit are -- love, joy, peace, long suffering, etc.

There is the 'by faith' chapter in Hebrew 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. And the chapter names a lot of men who By Faith did various things.

And there is the verse that says "without faith it is impossible to please God."

Thank you Sue for your reply. Yes, there is the fruit of the Spirit, and there are gifts of the Holy Ghost. They differ, yet work together for God's purpose. They helped me to stay with Jesus. Now I know that faith is the best gift of the Holy Ghost because, without faith, nothing else matters. He has worked the gifts of healing, and I like to see folks healed. He has worked the gifts of miracles and I like that too. Discernment of spirit has helped me in the ministry a lot. All the gifts are good, yet it takes faith to receive them, and they all work by faith. Thus Faith is my choice for this one.
05-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Actually -- it's the Holy Spirit rather than Holy Ghost.
05-20-2017, 04:19 PM
(05-20-2017 03:01 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  Actually -- it's the Holy Spirit rather than Holy Ghost.

Today ghost means somebody with a white sheet over his head, going "whooo".

When the KJV translation was made, it meant what spirit means today.
05-20-2017, 08:17 PM
(05-20-2017 04:19 PM)Anglican Wrote:  
(05-20-2017 03:01 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  Actually -- it's the Holy Spirit rather than Holy Ghost.

Today ghost means somebody with a white sheet over his head, going "whooo".

When the KJV translation was made, it meant what spirit means today.

Yes, you're right.

(when I was growing up - we Did go out for trick or treating -- I dressed up as a ghost in a white sheet -- back all those decades ago - it was considered to be harmless fun and depending on who a persons talks to -- it still is. But as adults we stopped acknowledging Halloween.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)