Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your all time favorite movie ?
12-30-2009, 12:38 AM
What is your all time favorite movie ?
Hi Guys,
There are so many films but if I have to name one then it is "Titanic".
It is just amazing film.
What about you?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2009, 01:35 PM
RE: What is your all time favorite movie ?
My favorite film is "Network". I'm also a fan of most things Pixar puts out, and quirky indie films like "The Singing Detective". At the moment I'm still squealing in fanboyish delight at how utterly awesome Sherlock Holmes was.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-30-2009, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2009 07:28 PM by clarence clutterbuck.)
Dunno if I have a single all time favourite movie, but I usually appreciate Clint Eastwood's efforts, whether its a spaghetti western, vicious but fair maverick cop, or quirkier roles like the DJ being stalked by an obsessed fan in Play Misty For Me, or the injured soldier playing dangerous games with the affections of a houseful of females in The Beguiled.

For me his western, The Outlaw Josie Wales stands out for going beyond the usual coolness and faultless gunplay of its central character, and telling a story combining drama, humour and pathos. The various players contribute to the films excellence, particularly Chief Dan George and the deep voiced John Vernon as Fletcher.
12-30-2009, 09:08 PM
The Right Stuff.

---------------
Not selling anything.
12-31-2009, 08:54 AM
oh, Avatar, without a doubt.

knowledge is power.
power corrupts.
knowledge corrupts?
01-20-2010, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 02:38 PM by Holy Babylon.)
Quite possibly, The Patriot.
02-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi!
My all time favorite movie is Titanic and I have seen this movie 11 times.
I really like this movie and James Cameron had done great job in this movie.
02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
The Message: Mohammed: Messenger of God (A movie)

A good place for the non-Muslims to start learning about the Holy Prophet Muhammad is a movie named the Message: Mohammed: Messenger of God
(1976) Rated PG.

Samuel Parsons Scott understood part of the charm of the Prophet's character when he wrote:

"The glories which invest the history of Islam may be entirely derived from the valor, the virtue, the intelligence, the genius, of man. If this be conceded, the largest measure of credit is due to him who conceived its plan, promoted its impulse, and formulated the rules which insured its success. In any event, if the object of religion be the inculcation of morals, the diminution of evil, the promotion of human happiness, the expansion of the human intellect, if the performance of good works will avail in the great day when mankind shall be summoned to its final reckoning it is neither irreverent nor unreasonable to admit that Muhammad was indeed an Apostle of God."

What Samuel Parsons Scott missed, Reverend Professor Montgomery Watt a biographer of the Prophet Muhammad grasped or was it a Freudian slip? He high lighted above all virtues the Prophet's trust in God:

“The more one reflects on the history of Muhammad and of early Islam, the more one is amazed at the vastness of his achievement. Circumstances presented him with an opportunity such as few men have had, but the man was fully matched with the hour. Had it not been for his gifts as a seer, statesman, and administrator and, behind these, his trust in God and firm belief that God had sent him, a notable chapter in the history of mankind would have remained unwritten.”

A good place for the non-Muslims to start learning about the Holy Prophet Muhammad is a movie named the Message: Mohammed: Messenger of God
(1976) Rated PG.

The back cover states, “After seeing a vision of the Angel Gabriel, Mohammad calls to the people of Mecca to cast aside the 300 idols of Kaaba and worship only one God. Starring Anthony Quinn and Irene Papas, this breathtaking historical epic about the birth of the Islamic faith took six years to prepare and more than a year to film. It received an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Score.”

The movie can be watched at the following links:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...8105534903

For references of the quotes:

http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/the-me...umbuyp/33#

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-04-2010, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 12:31 PM by Parousia.)
A good place for Muslims to learn about Lutheranism is http://www.ertx.com/movie/film/Luther/
02-04-2010, 12:28 PM
(02-04-2010 12:07 PM)Parousia Wrote:  A good place for Muslims to learn about Lutheranism is http://www.ertx.com/movie/film/Luther/
A good place for Muslims to learn about Lutheranism is http://www.ertx.com/movie/film/Luther/

Just ordered it in my netflix account. It has been moved to the top of my DVD Queue.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which one is your favorite movie?? clarkhopes 57 6,907 03-20-2017 12:18 PM
Last Post: roywilljenks
  What is your favorite religious movie? SpiritualGal02 44 2,896 03-05-2017 11:33 PM
Last Post: Tazz
  What's your favorite 80s action movie? mojarlets 31 5,619 08-23-2016 01:27 AM
Last Post: freekundli
  Favorite Movie Quotes EqualAtheist 15 3,477 08-05-2011 05:42 AM
Last Post: atmercy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)