Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your view on music being Un-Islamic / Islamic/ allowed not allowed?
02-14-2010, 09:39 AM
What is your view on music being Un-Islamic / Islamic/ allowed not allowed?
Some Muslims consider music in islam wrong other Muslims disagree, what's your take on it. There are many verses but take this one for example as suggested in Hadith Qudsi 19:5: "The Prophet said that Allah commanded him to destroy all the musical instruments, idols, crosses and all the trappings of ignorance."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
RE: What is your view on music being Un-Islamic / Islamic/ allowed not allowed?
(02-14-2010 09:39 AM)Aijan7d Wrote:  Some Muslims consider music in islam wrong other Muslims disagree, what's your take on it. There are many verses but take this one for example as suggested in Hadith Qudsi 19:5: "The Prophet said that Allah commanded him to destroy all the musical instruments, idols, crosses and all the trappings of ignorance."

Happy people make authoritarians nervous. Fear of punishment doesn't work well as prod to keep the faith with happy people.
02-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Why haven't our resident muslims joined this thread? Too confronting? I've just heard one of my favourites, Cat Stevens, it is beyond belief that he converted to Islam and the world lost the beauty of his poetry and music. Poetry and music that if you believe in God must have been God given. Just wondering why God would want his gifts to be denied.
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Remember the ancient Buddhist statues that the Islamic Taliban destroyed in Afghanistan? Art and music both suffer when Islam rules.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010 10:55 AM by minus459.)
Bamyan already mentioned in another thread
But you are correct.
02-16-2010, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010 01:51 PM by muslim girl.)
Can I just know from where you get your amazing information?
"There are many verses but take this one for example as suggested in Hadeeth Qudsi 19:5: "The Prophet said that Allah commanded him to destroy all the musical instruments, idols, crosses and all the trappings of ignorance."
Really many?
There are not any verse speak a bout music
And your Hadeeth I have never listened a bout
And Muslims argue a bout if it is wrong or not because there is not a verse
Say any thing bout music
I just want to know from where you get your verses
Because all Muslims can not find any one a bout music
And Quran is less then 610 pages and we always read Quran
From where you get it really
There is a another Hadeeth which say that the music is wrong
But not in clear way
I will translate and answer later
Do you know if I found that your Hadeeth is true?
That is not true
Because if there is a clear one like that a bout music
There will be no argument between Muslims since along time
But I promise I will search a bout you Hadeeth and I will the other which speak a bout music
But there no verse
I swear on that
02-16-2010, 02:22 PM
(02-16-2010 10:50 AM)Stereophonic Wrote:  Remember the ancient Buddhist statues that the Islamic Taliban destroyed in Afghanistan? Art and music both suffer when Islam rules.

Why the suatue of Buddha was singing rock or hip hop songs that you are so upset???
Why did Americans destroy the statue of Saddam???
02-17-2010, 03:16 AM
Poor old truthwon you have posted some really asinine things on this forum, but I think that you may have taken it beyond the pail this time. Surely it is not possible for a sentient being to compare ,as equals, the statue of Saddam Hussein and the Bamyan Buddhas. One was commissioned as a reflection of his power and vanity. The Bamyan Buddhas carved into a cliffside before the birth of Muhammad, statues of 35 and 50m in height. Statues simply by their antiquity exuded a beauty rarely seen on this planet. The destruction of these statues by MUSLIMS is a crime against humanity, the humanity past present and especially future. Yet it is merely a symptom of the Islamic religions need to control all aspects of life, all thinking, all art, all music, all behaviour.
In answer to your question:
Why the suatue of Buddha was singing rock or hip hop songs that you are so upset???
It has nothing to do with "singing rock or hip hop songs", it is about art and music which are intrinsically the same thing. If the Muslims can prevent an artist like Cat Stevens from producing his poetry and music and can DESTROY the majestic Bamyan Buddhas. Then there can be no doubt that ISLAM has no soul, no beauty and no LOVE of beauty. Rock and hip hop are part of art, whether you like it or not, your denigration of them magnifies your ignorance and intolerance.
02-17-2010, 07:32 AM
(02-17-2010 03:16 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Poor old truthwon you have posted some really asinine things on this forum, but I think that you may have taken it beyond the pail this time. Surely it is not possible for a sentient being to compare ,as equals, the statue of Saddam Hussein and the Bamyan Buddhas. One was commissioned as a reflection of his power and vanity. The Bamyan Buddhas carved into a cliffside before the birth of Muhammad, statues of 35 and 50m in height. Statues simply by their antiquity exuded a beauty rarely seen on this planet. The destruction of these statues by MUSLIMS is a crime against humanity, the humanity past present and especially future. Yet it is merely a symptom of the Islamic religions need to control all aspects of life, all thinking, all art, all music, all behaviour.
It has nothing to do with "singing rock or hip hop songs", it is about art and music which are intrinsically the same thing. If the Muslims can prevent an artist like Cat Stevens from producing his poetry and music and can DESTROY the majestic Bamyan Buddhas. Then there can be no doubt that ISLAM has no soul, no beauty and no LOVE of beauty. Rock and hip hop are part of art, whether you like it or not, your denigration of them magnifies your ignorance and intolerance.

You didnt answer why the statue of Saddam was broken by US? Is Christianity behind that?
02-17-2010, 10:15 AM
(02-17-2010 07:32 AM)TruthWon Wrote:  
(02-17-2010 03:16 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Poor old truthwon you have posted some really asinine things on this forum, but I think that you may have taken it beyond the pail this time. Surely it is not possible for a sentient being to compare ,as equals, the statue of Saddam Hussein and the Bamyan Buddhas. One was commissioned as a reflection of his power and vanity. The Bamyan Buddhas carved into a cliffside before the birth of Muhammad, statues of 35 and 50m in height. Statues simply by their antiquity exuded a beauty rarely seen on this planet. The destruction of these statues by MUSLIMS is a crime against humanity, the humanity past present and especially future. Yet it is merely a symptom of the Islamic religions need to control all aspects of life, all thinking, all art, all music, all behaviour.

You didnt answer why the statue of Saddam was broken by US? Is Christianity behind that?

If Muslims can't address the hard questions they try to divert the dialogue, perhaps hoping no one will notice, e.g. the Muslims in action history to destruction of non-Muslim peoples' works of art.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Islamic Point of View About Drinking Alcohol sabeelshah 4 477 04-25-2017 04:45 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  the Islamic view of Mary Visqueen 31 2,931 05-11-2014 12:55 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  Man and Universe - islamic book Hamza 0 466 05-02-2013 02:18 PM
Last Post: Hamza
  Islamic Belief : How to gain the sweetness of Belief (Imaan)? spiritualannie 1 443 02-04-2013 11:29 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  Islamic mystics Adi Baba 10 1,218 01-09-2013 03:33 PM
Last Post: Adi Baba
  Iran - Islamic with this kind of brutal behaviour?!? Zagreus 9 1,427 02-15-2012 07:41 AM
Last Post: Abu Rashid
  Islamic Calendar DaniEl 6 1,043 07-17-2011 01:49 PM
Last Post: biomystic
Question Is there an easy way to find out which way to face for Islamic prayers? Stonecold 1 447 03-09-2011 02:38 AM
Last Post: Abu Rashid
  Why are Islamic countries very intolerant and aggressive BerjanoushLe 22 2,844 05-13-2010 04:53 PM
Last Post: Islam=True
Exclamation A Call To an Islamic Union (Full Text Book) ahmetsecer 0 678 09-02-2008 07:47 AM
Last Post: ahmetsecer

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)