02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
When I die..
will I be in a better place?
with God/Jesus?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2010, 09:01 AM
RE: When I die..
All evidence is points to the fact that when you die, you're dead. That's it.
02-12-2010, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2010 10:11 AM by minus459.)
Ahh evidence the other GT, or is it Sherlock. I put it to you that your evidence trail has, and almost always will, ended at a hole in the ground, a hole even though open may in fact conceal a mystery and perhaps further evidence that is not readily apparent to you at this point in time. Such that even though the case seems closed it may yet provide a surprise or two, who knows. We can only know what we know and also know what we don't know, but the possibility exists that we may not know what we don't know. If that be the case then...................
I'll stop now, my head hurts.
And yes there is a persistent rumour that has circulated for half a century or so, that I am stupid.
Balderdash I say
02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
(02-12-2010 10:07 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Ahh evidence the other GT, or is it Sherlock. I put it to you that your evidence trail has, and almost always will, ended at a hole in the ground, a hole even though open may in fact conceal a mystery and perhaps further evidence that is not readily apparent to you at this point in time. Such that even though the case seems closed it may yet provide a surprise or two, who knows. We can only know what we know and also know what we don't know, but the possibility exists that we may not know what we don't know. If that be the case then...................
I'll stop now, my head hurts.
And yes there is a persistent rumour that has circulated for half a century or so, that I am stupid.
Balderdash I say
minus , you you like to push your self to edge of madness , dont you . rip bio .
02-12-2010, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2010 10:44 AM by Raphael.)
(02-12-2010 09:01 AM)Geoffrey Taucer Wrote:  All evidence is points to the fact that when you die, you're dead. That's it.

hahaha

so easy to prove that statement IS SO SO SO SO wrong.
yes I can.
EASY

geoffrey must subscribe to the science god of ignorance...?

want me to prove that statement has more baSiS in ignorance than fact geoffrey?
just ask...

right now I very busy dealing with religious ignorance on another thread.

ALL of EWE folks, the herds of ignorant science and religion sheeple who are divided on the issues regarding certain TRUTHS are certainly keeping me busy in these end of the daze...

spreading the gospel of raphael. Angel
I have my wings......
come flying with mi on my magic carpet.

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Doesn't it get sore after so many hours?
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
(02-12-2010 10:44 AM)minus459 Wrote:  Doesn't it get sore after so many hours?
minus......what are you talking about?
02-12-2010, 09:32 PM
If there was an afterlife, how would we know?

There is not one shred of scientific evidence of heaven or hell. We have studied quite thoroughly what happens to a brain as it dies. The electrical signals that form our consciousness, or self-awareness, everything that makes us who we are, die.

Are you suggesting that this series of electrical signals somehow continues to exist?
02-12-2010, 10:08 PM
(02-12-2010 09:32 PM)Geoffrey Taucer Wrote:  If there was an afterlife, how would we know?

There is not one shred of scientific evidence of heaven or hell. We have studied quite thoroughly what happens to a brain as it dies. The electrical signals that form our consciousness, or self-awareness, everything that makes us who we are, die.

Are you suggesting that this series of electrical signals somehow continues to exist?

Near-death-experiences, tens of thousands of them and they just keep coming. Here's another seam in the deterministic random chance universe that shows the edges of the spiritual realm breaking into "normal" reality. And here again I challenge you atheists to answer the question WHY would Nature and natural selection ever make death lose its sting as with n.d.e. experiences? The natural instinct of life is self-preservation, an instinct that can be overridden by parental love and other cases of self-sacrifice, but in the main, most everyone does not want to die and most everyone will do whatever they can to avoid it. This is the natural way of living creatures who want to survive. So, again, why would Nature ever build in an out-of-body experience which seems to make the doorway to death not a door to nothingness but to Another Place which from most n.d.e. accounts is uniquely wonderful. Please don't make me go through the silly attempts of science to discredit n.d.e.s with tunnel experience analogies to spinning astronauts (why not use drunks?) or ketamine or bodily pschedelics, I've been there, done that, and can tell you none of these chemical explanations for n.d.e.s explains why n.d.e.s have shared "hallucinations". Hallucinations from psychoactive chemicals are not shared but unique to each individual but with n.d.e's we have the classical set of n.d.e.'s experiences,the Tunnel, the Light, the Heavenly atmosphere of love, friends and family that have gone before, and often a Being of Light to meet us. It's like we don't have shared dreams, each one of us dreams differently. So, I hold that n.d.e. is something everyone who wants to know what happens Next, check out. There is a World to Come.
02-13-2010, 08:34 PM
(02-12-2010 10:08 PM)biomystic Wrote:  
(02-12-2010 09:32 PM)Geoffrey Taucer Wrote:  If there was an afterlife, how would we know?

Near-death-experiences, tens of thousands of them and they just keep coming. Here's another seam in the deterministic random chance universe that shows the edges of the spiritual realm breaking into "normal" reality. And here again I challenge you atheists to answer the question WHY would Nature and natural selection ever make death lose its sting as with n.d.e. experiences?

In the world in which we evolved (ie one before modern medicine), there was virtually no such thing as a near-death experience. If you got that close to dying, you died. Once you pass the point of no return, all things become irrelevant. Once you have reached the point where death is inevitable, it doesn't -- from an evolutionary perspective -- matter in the slightest how you experience anything beyond that point.

Quote:The natural instinct of life is self-preservation, an instinct that can be overridden by parental love and other cases of self-sacrifice, but in the main, most everyone does not want to die and most everyone will do whatever they can to avoid it. This is the natural way of living creatures who want to survive. So, again, why would Nature ever build in an out-of-body experience which seems to make the doorway to death not a door to nothingness but to Another Place which from most n.d.e. accounts is uniquely wonderful. Please don't make me go through the silly attempts of science to discredit n.d.e.s with tunnel experience analogies to spinning astronauts (why not use drunks?) or ketamine or bodily pschedelics, I've been there, done that, and can tell you none of these chemical explanations for n.d.e.s explains why n.d.e.s have shared "hallucinations". Hallucinations from psychoactive chemicals are not shared but unique to each individual but with n.d.e's we have the classical set of n.d.e.'s experiences,the Tunnel, the Light, the Heavenly atmosphere of love, friends and family that have gone before, and often a Being of Light to meet us. It's like we don't have shared dreams, each one of us dreams differently. So, I hold that n.d.e. is something everyone who wants to know what happens Next, check out. There is a World to Come.

Yeah... the thing is, it's been shown time and time again that people of different religious backgrounds have near-death experiences that correspond with their beliefs -- regardless of what those beliefs are. Christians see Christ, Buddhists feel the edge of nirvana, etc.

This makes sense, if you think about these nde events as dreams; we have dreams that correspond to whatever is already hapenning in our brains. I see a hot chick and develop feelings for her, I dream about nailing her. I spend a month preparing for a major gymnastics competition, I dream about the meet. It makes sense that if I spent a lot of time in church, I'd be more likely to dream about God.

This does not in any way suggest that these are anything more than hallucinations.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)