Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is the kingdom of God?
08-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Where is the kingdom of God?
The kingdom of God is within our hearts (Luke 17:21). It is the spirit of Jesus which is unconditional, selfless, sacrificial, merciful, humble, ever-forgiving and faithful. This spirit is instilled in every human heart (Ezekiel 36:27) through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Those who make him the Lord of their life by accepting his spirit (Romans 10:9), are enabled by the spirit to love their enemies, do good to those who hurt and betray them, offer the other cheek if struck on one, give without expecting anything in return, bring healing to their offenders by their prayers and acts of sacrificial love (Matthew 5:43-48), consider others as superior to them, seek the interest of others over their own (Philippians 2:3-4) and stay faithful to their marriage vows even when there is hurt and unfaithfulness (Luke 6:18 & Hosea 3:1).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 01:49 AM
RE: Where is the kingdom of God?
SO what is your point?
08-03-2013, 08:05 AM
I think the answer to the question, is in the very first few words. I think that also says a lot more then you might think.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
08-03-2013, 06:14 PM
(08-03-2013 01:41 AM)surrendersacrifice Wrote:  The kingdom of God is within our hearts (Luke 17:21).
I would agree with this, although I'd probably express it slightly differently.

But our paths diverge at this point -
Quote: ... through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Those who make him the Lord of their life by accepting his spirit ...

It's unfortunate that so much of Christianity has gotten caught up in this interpretation of the Message of the Christ. The foundations of Christianity were laid down at a time when people of all religions generally believed that chopping some critter or another up on an alter made their god happy. Even though most religions, including Judaism, include statements attributed to god saying that wasn't it.

To me, the "kingdom of heaven" is intertwined with the understanding of Creation/the universe as an interdependent whole. Recognizing that interdependence, not "making Jesus Lord" is the first step in moving us forward as a species.

That can happen within a Christian faith or any other, including atheism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2013, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 09:37 AM by wordsworth.)
I believe the scripture says that the kingdom is within us. It does not say in our hearts and the ezekiel verse doesn't say that either.

I believe if Jesus controls the body He also controls the heart.
(08-03-2013 06:14 PM)davek121 Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 01:41 AM)surrendersacrifice Wrote:  The kingdom of God is within our hearts (Luke 17:21).
I would agree with this, although I'd probably express it slightly differently.

But our paths diverge at this point -
Quote: ... through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Those who make him the Lord of their life by accepting his spirit ...

It's unfortunate that so much of Christianity has gotten caught up in this interpretation of the Message of the Christ. The foundations of Christianity were laid down at a time when people of all religions generally believed that chopping some critter or another up on an alter made their god happy. Even though most religions, including Judaism, include statements attributed to god saying that wasn't it.

To me, the "kingdom of heaven" is intertwined with the understanding of Creation/the universe as an interdependent whole. Recognizing that interdependence, not "making Jesus Lord" is the first step in moving us forward as a species.

That can happen within a Christian faith or any other, including atheism.

I believe the Kingdom of God can't be reached by a better understanding of creation. I believe it can only be reached by maing Jesus Lord and Savior.
08-10-2013, 10:18 AM
In my view the "Kingdom of God" is and has been in our midst..potentially, but has often been obscured and overlooked..

If the actual teachings of Christ were observed the "Kingdom" would be manifested. Leo Tolstoy wrote "The Kingdom of God Is Within You: Christianity Not as a Mystic Religion but as a New Theory of Life" a book well worth pondering...I believe it can be accessed online

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4602

or is available for a nominal fee..

http://www.classicly.com/download-the-ki...in-you-pdf

Sadly Tolstoy was excommunicated by the Russian Orthodox Church

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001...-44.0.html

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
08-27-2013, 03:23 PM
The Kingdom of God, also called the Kingdom of Heaven is a literal world ruling kingdom that will be established by the Messiah (God). Most people refer to it as the NWO (New World Order). Christians believe this kingdom will be established by the "Antichrist" and then Jesus will come as a thief and steal it away. The rules and laws in heaven will be brought to the earth and this kingdom will stand forever. Daniel 7:27. God asked Job, "Know you the ordinances of heaven? can you set the dominion thereof in the earth?" Job 38:33. Only God can perform this, and it will take place in the end of days when the true Messiah comes.
08-27-2013, 03:37 PM
What happened to the Lord's prayer...?

"...Thy kingdom... Thy will be done...on earth as it is in heaven."

08-27-2013, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2013 04:08 PM by susanblange.)
That comes from I Chron. 29:11 "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is yours: yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all". God is King and he will reign as such forever. Isaiah 9:6 "...and the government shall be upon his shoulder..."
08-27-2013, 10:10 PM
(08-27-2013 04:07 PM)susanblange Wrote:  That comes from I Chron. 29:11 "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is yours: yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all". God is King and he will reign as such forever. Isaiah 9:6 "...and the government shall be upon his shoulder..."

Thanks for your post!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One God, One Message, God's Kingdom is near... Sweetflower87 2 500 12-08-2013 01:24 PM
Last Post: Huitaca
  the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth? martiin 12 916 11-19-2013 12:03 AM
Last Post: martiin
  the kingdom of heaven john amoss 33 1,857 03-12-2013 03:59 PM
Last Post: john amoss
  Are we living in God’s kingdom, or Satan‘s? Greatest I am 122 11,362 05-22-2012 01:39 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)