Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which Demonination is Correct?
07-05-2009, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2009 08:56 PM by PatPar.)
Which Demonination is Correct?
First, I want to apologize to anyone who feels offended by my forthcoming attempt to espouse my views. I am not trying to disturb your faith, just trying to do my good Christian duty to help.
I grew up in a Protestant church and here in the US one can see that even with an %75 majority in this country of people who profess the Christian faith something is still wrong. I did a lot of research about Christianity and religion in general and have come to the conclusion that the two best denominations are the Orthodox church and the Catholic church. The Protestant church was originally trying to reform Christianity back to the traditional church of Christ, but it seems that they were unaware of the existence of the Orthodox church at the time. Orthodox is the Greek word for 'traditional' and the scriptures were all written in Greek originally.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whosoever eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/discipleschrist/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2009, 10:22 PM
RE: Which Demonination is Correct?
Your title begs the question. It assumes that one of the denominations IS correct. It is quite possible for the christians to simply be wrong.

The history of the Orthodox church is a fascinating one. There was a real attempt to reunite the Orthodox church with the Catholic church during the invasion by the Ottoman empire, but the people overwhelmingly disagreed with such a move and refused to allow it to happen. In response to this, the Catholic church threw their Christian brothers to the Muslims, unprotected. On the one hand, this meant the Catholics barely suffered from the Turk invasion. On the other hand, the results of the invasion were devastating to the Orthodox church.

Protestants were well aware of Orthodox teachings, but while the Orthodox church does not acknowledge the authority of the Roman Pope, for the most part their practices are the same as Catholic practices. Protestants have many of the same objections to Orthodox practices as Catholic ones.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-05-2009, 10:32 PM
(07-05-2009 07:42 PM)PatPar Wrote:  ...the scriptures were all written in Greek originally...

True for the New Testament and the Deuterocanonicals, but not for the Hebrew (Jewish) scriptures which of course were originally written in Hebrew and Aramaic.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
07-17-2009, 08:15 PM
(07-05-2009 07:42 PM)PatPar Wrote:  Orthodox is the Greek word for 'traditional' and the scriptures were all written in Greek originally.

And before that in Hebrew.

what would the world be like if all religious folk got out more...spent less time with their own mob/cult, and hung out with other folks, those with different beliefs than their own, and instead of making note of the differences, only discussed the common denominators?

no eh?

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)