Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Who/What is God? What is God trying to achieve? What is our purpose?
01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Exclamation Who/What is God? What is God trying to achieve? What is our purpose?
Firstly, I must point out that I've copied and pasted this little part of the book I am currently writing which is essentially my views, experience and knowledge on religion and other related matters. Understandibly not everyone wants to read my book hence why I am posting this relevant piece here.

Ohh and this is not complete, it's just the God section I've recently started writing but some of this may bring some great discussions.
-----

Disclaimer:

It's important to note that I am just a person sharing my knowledge, experiences and views and I am in no way trying to sway your thinking in any manner. You may find some truth within my words and it may inspire you to dig deeper, or simply open your eyes to something you've possibly been searching for and this book may help in guiding you somewhat, those are my reasons for writing this and if I achieve any of the above then I am happy as that's my aim and it makes writing this worth while – and if I do non of the above then I can only hope you'll find the answers you're looking for else were and wish you the best of look in doing so.

God:

Well I think the truth is we don't actually know who or what God is, we believe God to be a superior individual/spirit/force but we don't actually know for 100% fact; most of us who believe in God have our own vision and thoughts of God's existence, and who's to say they're wrong?

There are often different God's for different religions, and sometimes more than one God in cults or spiritual groups from different origins, but I personally think the Freemasons were onto something by only believing in one God who they refer to as “The great architect” and whilst I think God is an Architect/Creator in certain respects, I do not believe he created the world in seven days like the bible says – why? Simply because there is no way anybody could know that, actually there is, via a message from God but even then why would God want you to know he created the world in seven days? It doesn't really have that much relevance, what does however is purpose, future and general reasons as to the way forth, now again this is just my view, many people who believe this theory are probably disagreeing with me on this part, but that's fine as I respect their opinion.

Let's explore this a little deeper for a minute, God is our creator amongst most other living things (though we can't deny some of it may have happened via evolution) and he created the universe and planet earth respectively, now who is to say that planet earth isn't equivalent to a grain of sand on a beach when we think of it on a large scale; because after all, we do not know how big the universe is or even if it has a limited scale – that said, it would be pretty naïve to think that everything is focused on planet earth, however we are imperative otherwise we wouldn't think in the way we do, have such emotion, be the most perfectly designed living instruments ever created (well, to our knowledge) and most important of all, have a sole.

So let's just assume that the above theory is correct – what is God truly trying to achieve? God has such incredible abilities that much of it would be impossible to comprehend even for the most advanced human brain ever, because we're after all far more inferior to God so I personally think we're only given a finite amount of information from God and from searching, and maybe we only understand what we need to respective to our true purpose individually, as I think that us as human beings on earth is only a stepping stone to something greater (Or the opposite to the devils souls), but more on that later when I discuss our purpose, roles, why we're here and where we're going.

So God is our creator, God is aiming for something so let's assume God has his own purpose because generally speaking everything has a purpose, and maybe God is no exception in this so what is God trying to achieve? He has angels helping and also angelic souls helping so were is God going with this? Who are Gods enemies and how do we help?

I have been asking myself these types of questions for a while and others similar, and I believe I understand quite a few of them but I am going to keep certain things to myself because I feel it's not for me to go into this, but I have asked God, and with my thoughts and actions of others I think God has given me many answers but these are meant for me as they only concern me, however I think you would get different answers respective to your soul, purpose and other things.
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
RE: Who/What is God? What is God trying to achieve? What is our purpose?
(01-31-2010 12:24 PM)CraigFox Wrote:  I have been asking myself these types of questions for a while and others similar, and I believe I understand quite a few of them but I am going to keep certain things to myself because I feel it's not for me to go into this, but I have asked God, and with my thoughts and actions of others I think God has given me many answers but these are meant for me as they only concern me, however I think you would get different answers respective to your soul, purpose and other things.

Okay, here's mine. I believe God os pandeistic. Does not get directly involved in human affairs, Bondye doesn't give anyone purpose, he simply is.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
Find all posts by this user
01-31-2010, 03:34 PM
(01-31-2010 02:45 PM)Clementine Wrote:  
(01-31-2010 12:24 PM)CraigFox Wrote:  I have been asking myself these types of questions for a while and others similar, and I believe I understand quite a few of them but I am going to keep certain things to myself because I feel it's not for me to go into this, but I have asked God, and with my thoughts and actions of others I think God has given me many answers but these are meant for me as they only concern me, however I think you would get different answers respective to your soul, purpose and other things.

Okay, here's mine. I believe God os pandeistic. Does not get directly involved in human affairs, Bondye doesn't give anyone purpose, he simply is.

Interesting, I think God may have a finite amount of control on earth and through Gods angelic souls God can do certain things.

I find it interesting that you say "God doesn't give us a purpose", what makes you say that may I ask?

Do you not feel God is preparing you for something? Do you think, if their is a heaven (and you get in) that you literally do nothing their or have a purpose/role?

It's always interesting to see peoples reactions to things like this.
01-31-2010, 03:47 PM
(01-31-2010 03:34 PM)CraigFox Wrote:  
(01-31-2010 02:45 PM)Clementine Wrote:  

Interesting, I think God may have a finite amount of control on earth and through Gods angelic souls God can do certain things.

I find it interesting that you say "God doesn't give us a purpose", what makes you say that may I ask?

Do you not feel God is preparing you for something? Do you think, if their is a heaven (and you get in) that you literally do nothing their or have a purpose/role?

It's always interesting to see peoples reactions to things like this.

God in Vodou, is the universe, he ceased to have, if he ever had, a separate identity/source, etc.

Do I feel god is preparing me for something? No, I feel life may be leading me towards something, but that it varies on our own experience, and has nothing to do with Bon Dieu.

The afterlife in Vodou is very different, I suppose, when I die, I will join the Ghede, end of story. There' no real heaven or hell.

01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I just had a look at this which helped me understand your beliefs and also this.

So in order for you to get to Guédé (the family of spirits that embody the powers of death and fertility) like heaven/hell, do you have to earn your status their somewhat?

Also, the term Below the waters, is that similar to what we would regard as hell? or simply spirits that are not required?

Spirits = soul right? because if your human body is dead, then your soul continues and I guess the soul can be reffered to as a spirit in a sense.

So if Guédé gives voice to the dead spirits that have not been reclaimed from "below the waters", what is the reason for this?

What about if planet earth ends, were do your spirits go?
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
I believe life was an end unto itself for the creator, as we see him interested in the creation of land and animals to inhabit it in the Lithuanian tale, but the creation of us in particular was something of a side effect of that. At the the same time, there are legislators of fate and fortune like "Dolya" and Svarog, the creator himself.
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2010 04:43 PM by Parousia.)
CraigFox

I suggest you spell it Ghede instead of Guédé. In Haitian Kreyol there are unfortunate connotations to the phrase "speaking French". Rolleyes

(No it is NOT off color.)
01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
(01-31-2010 04:33 PM)Venedi Sporoi Wrote:  I believe life was an end unto itself for the creator, as we see him interested in the creation of land and animals to inhabit it in the Lithuanian tale, but the creation of us in particular was something of a side effect of that. At the the same time, there are legislators of fate and fortune like "Dolya" and Svarog, the creator himself.

Interesting I just had a look at this http://my.raex.com/~obsidian/SlavPan.html
(01-31-2010 04:42 PM)Parousia Wrote:  CraigFox

I suggest you spell it Ghede instead of Guédé. In Haitian Kreyol there are unfortunate connotations to the phrase "speaking French". Rolleyes

(No it is NOT off color.)

Noted.
01-31-2010, 05:08 PM
(01-31-2010 04:32 PM)CraigFox Wrote:  I just had a look at this which helped me understand your beliefs and also this.

So in order for you to get to Guédé (the family of spirits that embody the powers of death and fertility) like heaven/hell, do you have to earn your status their somewhat?

Also, the term Below the waters, is that similar to what we would regard as hell? or simply spirits that are not required?

Spirits = soul right? because if your human body is dead, then your soul continues and I guess the soul can be reffered to as a spirit in a sense.

So if Guédé gives voice to the dead spirits that have not been reclaimed from "below the waters", what is the reason for this?

What about if planet earth ends, were do your spirits go?

Absolutely not, everyone goes to the Ghede unless they become lwa.

Below the waters simply refers to half of the spirit that in some beliefs goes on for reincarnation, and the others, the part of the spirit that is only needed for a physical body.

Nothing is eternal in Vodou, so, if the universe ends, so do we. Until then, spirits continue.

01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
OK thanks for clearing that up for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  When someone says "Thank God" or "Oh my God" do you assume they are a theist? Clementine 67 7,442 10-09-2010 02:54 AM
Last Post: Painkiller

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)