Who wrote the bible?
12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Who wrote the bible?
Can anyone tell me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
RE: Who wrote the bible?
A lot of different men, under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.

Greenville's Church
http://www.newstartchurch.net
12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Ahh ok, So im guessing that ghosts exsist?
12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
holy ghost yes.

Good evil salvation
12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
holy ghost, ghost same thing, its a ghost!
12-16-2008, 11:22 PM
A great many people wrote the Bible, over a period of about a thousand years.
12-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Limozine Wrote:A lot of different men, under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.

A lot of men yes - but I would like to see you explain how such writings of such a horrible god are from inspiration. And what about the myriads of inconsistencies and outright fallacies? The Bible is nothing more than ancient myths handed down over millenia, and finally written down. There is no truth in it, and nobody can prove that there is.

http://descartes1979.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2008, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 03:38 AM by Anglican.)
Descartes1979 Wrote:The Bible is nothing more than ancient myths handed down over millenia, and finally written down. There is no truth in it, and nobody can prove that there is.

I wished atheists would check their facts before opening their mouths. Accounts of the Syro-Ephraimite war in 722BC, which are to be found in various parts of the Old Testament, can be directly verified from Assyrian accounts of the same events. And the same goes (for example) for the fall of Jerusalem in 587BC.
12-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Anglican Wrote:
Descartes1979 Wrote:The Bible is nothing more than ancient myths handed down over millenia, and finally written down. There is no truth in it, and nobody can prove that there is.

I wished atheists would check their facts before opening their mouths. Accounts of the Syro-Ephraimite war in 722BC, which are to be found in various parts of the Old Testament, can be directly verified from Assyrian accounts of the same events. And the same goes (for example) for the fall of Jerusalem in 587BC.

OK, maybe I exaggerated a bit, I was feeling a little frustrated - but I DO know the facts. There are SOME things in the Bible that can be verified historically. But does this mean the ENTIRE thing is correct? We know for example that a person named Jesus existed, but that doesn't mean that God created the world in 6 days, or that all the animals in the world fit on the ark, or that Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt, or that god stopped the sun from setting so Joshua could destroy his enemies.

http://descartes1979.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2008, 10:44 AM
do you know about how the jews were slaves in egypt.oppressed etc,so God set them free.usa does this all the time to free there oil.?

Good evil salvation

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)