Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Who wrote the bible?
05-17-2010, 03:45 AM
RE: Who wrote the bible?
(12-16-2008 06:44 PM)FrostBite Wrote:  Can anyone tell me?

“The word of God is alive and exerts power.” (Hebrews 4:12)

It is still exerting a powerful influence on individuals, thus proving that it does not become outdated. It can give a person the motivation to change his course, embrace true Christianity, and become a better person.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2010, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2010 06:59 AM by prometheuspan.)
Quote: The Bible was compiled at the council of Rome, bu Church officials and Political leaders. What ever pure original Christianity was, most of this was lost because you see right after they decided what was "allowed" to be in the bible, they then declared any religious writing that is not in the bible was heresy and anyone possessing any of these writings was labeled a heretic. Thousand of great spiritual minds and writings were lost forever.

yes, but thats still only part of the story as compared to my more complete macro.

Quote:What " WE " all got with the bible, was Sumerian, with other mythologies thrown in, it was " designed ", and put together to appeal to the masses. You have to remember the Empire covered a lot of territories, and a lot of different religions and religious beliefs. They needed a book, that would appeal to the MASSES and that would allow them to " better control " the vast populations that were within the empire.

yes, exactly.

Quote: Once the bible was declared official church cannon, and they got rid off any competition that did not hide underground, and it was over 1,000 of total control of all religious beliefs by the Roman Catholic Church. They did not give a [censored] who's soul got saved or not, they wanted you to obey...to pay your taxes and be a good little law abiding citizen.

yep.

Quote:Look around you, we have poisoned the waters, the earth, the air, the food chain, we destroy ourselves, each other, the other life on the planet, and the planet itself.

and those who rule this world, follow this Bible, and they WORSHIP the GOD of the garden of E.DEN, the GOD of the flood, the God of the tower of Babel, and this GOD is not a GOD of love......

IF HE WAS, we would all be living in HARMONY...

And do not give me this [censored] that the devil/satan/lucifer is causing all of this.

The actual manifested outcomes of christianity have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is in fact a demonic entity.
Quote: WE ARE, by honoring the
WRONG GOD( consciousness/being ).....................

GOD( consciousness/being ) does not require worship, or sacrifice, or ritual, or statues, or crosses, or special days of worship, or any of those things.

yep.

Quote: GOD, like us, only wants to exist in harmony with the surroundings....

If we were honoring the GOD of love, we would not still be killing each other every day...............

yep..

Quote: ( look in your heart, do human beings live in harmony with each other, with other life forms, with the planet, who's fault is that...OURS......)

Christianity made things worse by giving us a false and evil morality.
(05-17-2010 03:45 AM)may Wrote:  
(12-16-2008 06:44 PM)FrostBite Wrote:  Can anyone tell me?

“The word of God is alive and exerts power.” (Hebrews 4:12)

It is still exerting a powerful influence on individuals, thus proving that it does not become outdated. It can give a person the motivation to change his course, embrace true Christianity, and become a better person.

It was outdated by the time they added the new testament to it.

Its gone down hill ever since.

It has no power aside from what we give it, and its not the word of god and god wouldn't say such evil things.
05-17-2010, 10:00 AM
A love in of theists with a gripe.........................lol Big Grin
Anybody who knows anything at all would never make this statement
Quote: and those who rule this world, follow this Bible,
That is so funny I pisced myself.
Do you two take this Abbot & Costello act on the road.................Big Grin Big Grin

????????????????
05-17-2010, 10:13 AM
kevlar, are you just peanut gallery guy or do you have any content you wish to add to the discussion?
05-17-2010, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2010 11:01 AM by kevlar.)
a very valid comment on my part.................can't you understand it.............try reading the post before.
and if you read it you may find something that you or your friend need to respond to.

????????????????
05-17-2010, 02:34 PM
(05-17-2010 10:00 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Anybody who knows anything at all would never make this statement
Quote: and those who rule this world, follow this Bible,
That is so funny I pisced myself.
Do you two take this Abbot & Costello act on the road.................Big Grin Big Grin

The UNITED STATES, and EUROPE basically dictate International Policy..

these are Christian countries who "follow" the bible.

( I do not agree with there morality, but THEY DO RULE )

Of course you probably think "blue pixies" following "ZORK"
hold the financial and military power in today's global environment..

MORON ..

:-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2010, 08:35 PM
you may find those countries are secular, and your kidding yourself if you think governments rule the world.

????????????????
05-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Military rules the world!

Kev...and Im sorry to say but...these countries are moralistic, only claiming to be for God. In truth they are atheistic.

Sorry but OP, don't you read the chapter headers??????????? LMFAO!!
05-17-2010, 10:59 PM
can anyone translate this into intelligible

????????????????
05-17-2010, 11:22 PM
(05-17-2010 08:35 PM)kevlar Wrote:  you may find those countries are secular, and your kidding yourself if you think governments rule the world.

hold the financial and military power in today's global environment..

IS what I said

Financial = corporations
Military = governments

Most of your most powerful corporations are American or European.

:-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)