Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Christianity Should Not Exist
11-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Why Christianity Should Not Exist
Aside from self-sacrifice for the benefit of all mankind wasn't one of Jesus's main tenants to bring people back to G-d? By that, I mean back to a way of behaving that is pleasing to G-d and glorifies G-d? To correct some of the perversions of scripture that were taught by the religious leaders of the time?

As we all know, Jesus (Yeshu) was Jewish. By all Biblical accounts Jesus led a sinless life as an observant Jew. Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus promote the idea that a new religion with different practices, an offshoot of Judaism, be formed/taught based on his (Jesus's) life and teachings. Jesus is very careful in acknowledging that there is but One G-d and while Jesus may be in direct contact with The God, he is not G-d. He clearly states that there is nothing in scripture that He can change/alter until all in scripture has been fulfilled:

"For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
So, if I am a believer in the teachings of Jesus then surely I will try, to the best of my ability, to follow his example and be pleasing in the sight of Almighty G-d? I will be following the Laws/Commandments set out by G-d Himself in the Bible – Translation:
I will be living life as an observant Jew. This is what Jesus would have expected.

How foolish does one have to be to start following the perversions of Jesus’s teachings so quickly after his death? You have Jesus’s own words/example to live by and yet how quickly people will misrepresent these teachings just for their own purposes. As an example, Jesus never ate anything that wasn’t kosher and yet all of a sudden everything is now “clean” for eating based on Peters vision in Acts 10:11-13. You have Jesus’s own example and yet people opt for the easy choice in all things. Separate yourselves and follow the sources example – re Jesus.

Christianity has tried to replace the One True G-d with Jesus. This is blasphemy and idolatry. How many Christians don’t even think about G-d but instead dwell on Jesus solely – blasphemy.

Christianity would not be tolerated by Jesus – it would be anathema!

If you want to lead a life reflecting the teachings of Jesus and pleasing to G-d then you’d best Jew up ASAP. Of course, this means a Jew who has accepted Jesus as the Son of G-d and savior of the World.

My 2 cents……

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Why Christianity Should Not Exist
(11-09-2017 05:50 PM)GeneralT001 Wrote:  ...
My 2 cents……

Thoughts?

Reasonable .. logical. Almighty God guides whomsoever He wills. We need to be sincere and repent

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
11-09-2017, 08:14 PM
(11-09-2017 07:08 PM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 05:50 PM)GeneralT001 Wrote:  ...
My 2 cents……
Thoughts?
Reasonable .. logical. Almighty God guides whomsoever He wills. We need to be sincere and repent
But let's not forget that repentance is the first step not the last - if you have made a mistake and now you feel bad about it, that is well and good but now you have to go correct that mistake. You made the mess, you need to clean it up

A pedophile has to come forward not only in the dark to himself but to his victim as well who might demand that he come out fully to the authorities which might mean loss of face, reputation and jail time

As the say the spirit is willing but the body is weak - so many people make new year resolutions resolving to change but how many follow thru? People get heart attacks and swear that they will eat better, quit smoking etc but how many keep up their good intentions?
11-10-2017, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 01:09 AM by arthra.)
Welcome to the forum "General"!

Thanks for sharing your views... I thought I'd leave a comment on one of your statements:

"Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus promote the idea that a new religion with different practices, an offshoot of Judaism, be formed/taught based on his (Jesus's) life and teachings."

If you are familiar with the Gospel story Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount makes a few statements...

"5:21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

(King James Bible, Matthew)

These references to me appear to call for higher standards than was required in the older law.

How many times were the "scribes and Pharisees" critiqued?

I think when Jesus drove the money changers and released the animals there was a definite break with the Temple system as it existed then:

2:14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

(King James Bible, John)

"All religions, arts, and sciences are branches of the same tree."
11-10-2017, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 05:29 AM by Amememhab.)
(11-09-2017 05:50 PM)GeneralT001 Wrote:  ...[W]asn't one of Jesus's main tenants to bring people back to G-d? By that, I mean back to a way of behaving that is pleasing to G-d and glorifies G-d?...As we all know, Jesus (Yeshu) was Jewish. By all Biblical accounts Jesus led a sinless life as an observant Jew. Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus promote the idea that a new religion with different practices, an offshoot of Judaism, be formed...

I don’t think Jesus Christ started a new religion, the thing inaugurated by the missionary movement we see exemplified in Paul’s letters. Yet Jesus clearly demanded comprehensive reforms. He cut the number of commandments from ten to just two: Love God and love neighbor. While he may well have observed the dietary laws himself, he criticized those who condemned the publicans: “It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles” (Matthew 15:11). The lies, gossip, backbiting, and declarations of war that issue from human mouths offend God more than the pork that goes in.

It was up to Paul and other missionary Christians to take this message to the gentiles, a move which necessitated an eventual consensus that they, unlike the Jews, in the new Christian covenant would not be bound by the Mosaic strictures. A battle was fought over this issue in the early churches. We see that battle in Paul’s letters.

The law itself was never overturned. Those who want to be Jews in good standing must abide by it. But gentile Christians need not. Jesus did call for higher moral standards. The temple economy of his day had grown corrupt, an ever-expanding complement of priests and merchants getting fat off the backs of the people. Even though the future papacy would follow that route, Jesus wanted to simplify worship and base it upon living a life which benefits other people and promotes a just social order. He remained concerned with the fate of children and the poor to the end of his days.
~ Praise
11-10-2017, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 05:55 AM by muhammad_isa.)
(11-10-2017 05:24 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  ...
The law itself was never overturned. Those who want to be Jews in good standing must abide by it. But gentile Christians need not

Bit of a contradiction "gentile Christians" (disbelieving Christians)

Quote:. Jesus did call for higher moral standards. The temple economy of his day had grown corrupt, an ever-expanding complement of priests and merchants getting fat off the backs of the people.

Exactly, and these 'people' in the temple economy didn't eat pork and considered themselves pious etc.
..so Jesus's comments about what goes in and out of the mouth were targeted at them .. NOT telling 'new converts' to eat what they like while he didn't

Religious knowledge is vast. To say that God's guidance is now limited to loving God and loving your neighbour is NOT going to produce those 'comprehensive reforms'.
eg. Jews do not feel they have a duty to educate mankind about religion .. it's only for them. Usury is only forbidden to fellow Jews.. Is this the 'original' Torah? I think not.

..so, Christians can charge usury because Jesus now allows it !? .. doesn't make sense..

Why would Almighty God send new prophets if the original scrolls were accurate and mankind was following them? This 'chosen people' idea is a bit conceited, no?

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
11-10-2017, 06:32 AM
(11-10-2017 05:52 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  Exactly, and these 'people' in the temple economy didn't eat pork

The big question is however: did they eat shellfish?

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
11-10-2017, 08:05 AM
(11-10-2017 05:52 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  ...Exactly, and these 'people' in the temple economy didn't eat pork...

True, yet my point was that Jesus spoke out against self-righteous Pharisees and scribes who condemned those who did eat pork. No usury, yet the Pharisees approved of jacked-up prices for turtledoves and charging 10% to convert money in their temple courtyard, ripping off pilgrims who came there to honor God. So, Jesus overturned the tables in anger. The Pharisees couldn’t stand being exposed to light like cockroaches, so they had Jesus tried on trumped-up charges and nailed to a cross. Hardly strikes me as a benevolent religion, although of course the Pharisees weren’t all of Judaism, Jesus and most of his disciples themselves Jews.

(11-10-2017 05:52 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  Jews do not feel they have a duty to educate mankind about religion .. it's only for them...Is this the 'original' Torah?

If Jewish law was supposed to apply to all mankind, then why did God make his covenant only with Abraham? If all mankind were to be educated about Jewish religion, then why was the Torah published only to Moses and his followers? Oh, I get it. God is gonna destroy all mankind but his chosen few. I’m so glad progressive Christians are tossing such notions into the dumpster behind the church where they belong.

(11-10-2017 05:52 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  Why would Almighty God send new prophets if the original scrolls were accurate...?

People seem to be in a habit of plugging their ears whenever a prophet shows up. And conditions change by time and place. So, God sends more prophets. I concede that Muhammad may have been one of those prophets even if Christianity doesn’t recognize him as one. Conditions in Arabia, after all, differed from those of Jesus’s Palestine. The problem isn’t that the scrolls failed of “accuracy” (whatever that means), but that no single book can be made applicable to all times and places. Arabia and North Africa needed a new book addressing their unique needs and they got one.

Progressive Christians take even the bible, Old and New Testaments, with a grain of salt. The messages they contain remain highly relevant to us, yet we understand they need adaptation to our own culture, to instruct our own lives. And no, we don’t think they were penned directly by God. They’re manmade. God has ordained them to come down to us, however, as they witness to his glory and promise the resurrection to eternal life.
~ Angel
11-10-2017, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 09:50 AM by muhammad_isa.)
(11-10-2017 08:05 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  ...
If Jewish law was supposed to apply to all mankind, then why did God make his covenant only with Abraham? If all mankind were to be educated about Jewish religion, then why was the Torah published only to Moses and his followers?

How many prophets came after Moses, peace be with him?
What about David, Solomon, Job, Ezekiel, Jonah, Elias etc. ?
They were all of Jewish lineage as far as I know, and weren't sent to mankind as such I would agree..
However, what about the 'gentile' who met one of these prophets and believed .. are you trying to tell me that they would have turned them away because they were mongrels or something? Smile
..or perhaps you think they would have made a new religion for them with laws just for them Shy

(11-10-2017 08:05 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  People seem to be in a habit of plugging their ears whenever a prophet shows up.
True .. and that is usually because they don't like what they are saying. Almighty God can easily 'rise up' another tribe/nation that does take heed Praise

Almighty God has blessed those who believe in Him, whatever their creed. Some people have more knowledge than others, though .. knowledge is a weapon against satan, if it is put into practice of course

11-10-2017, 11:17 AM
(11-10-2017 09:48 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  However, what about the 'gentile' who met one of these prophets and believed .. are you trying to tell me that they would have turned them away because they were mongrels or something? Smile
..or perhaps you think they would have made a new religion for them with laws just for them Shy

As for gentiles seeking to convert to Judaism, I don’t claim to know for sure, yet it probably would depend on era and specific Jewish group in question. The early Hebrew tribes admitted only a limited number of immigrants, allowing only a few of these to become Jews. Modern Judaism discourages conversion, most of its authorities insisting you need Jewish blood, although exceptions are made for spouses of Jews and for candidates able to show they are serious about adopting the religion.

Jews of the Roman and medieval periods, after the destruction of the temple in 70 CE, seem to have been relatively open to conversion, with many Europeans joining their ranks in Spain, Poland, and elsewhere.

Gentiles made their own religions, so God did not have to do this for them. Religion and God are two different things, anyway. God is a higher or supreme being; religions are manmade tools for approaching him. Gentiles fell under the Adamic and Noachic covenants, which as the oldest between God and human being, extended to all. This hardly negates Jewish law—Jesus was clear about that—yet it means non-Jews aren’t included in that law. I don’t live in Russia; therefore I don’t come under Russian law.

(11-10-2017 09:48 AM)muhammad_isa Wrote:  ...knowledge is a weapon against satan...

Indeed. We need all the knowledge we can get; and it pays to master our religions well so we aren’t caught off guard. If Muslim, know your Islam. If Christian, read your bible and attend church. Satan is a wily adversary, a rogue angel with more knowledge and power than any human, hatching ever-more sophisticated traps for the unwary. He is, within the confines of God’s curbs on him, ruler of this world. The nations follow him, pursuing war, material gain at the expense of others, ethnic pride, and petty squabbles amongst themselves.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)