Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Europe did not become Muslim or Unitarian Christian in the nineteenth century?
07-28-2010, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2010 10:06 PM by Ahmadi.)
Why Europe did not become Muslim or Unitarian Christian in the nineteenth century?
Doctrine of the Trinity Act 1813 UK

From Wikipedia:

The Doctrine of the Trinity Act 1813 (53 Geo. III c. 160. sometimes called the Trinitarian Act 1812) was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It amended the Blasphemy Act 1698 in respect of its Trinitarian provisions.

The Act, passed July 21, was also variously known as the Unitarian Relief Act (Trinity Act), The Unitarian Toleration Bill, and Mr William Smith's Bill, after William Smith the Whig politician.

The Act granted toleration for Unitarian worship, as previously the Act of Toleration 1689 had only granted toleration to those Protestant dissenters who accepted the Trinity.

It has been regarded as legalising the practice of monotheistic Islam in the United Kingdom; as the Blasphemy Act only applied to those educated in or having made profession of the Christian religion, the amending Act would in theory only have applied to converts to Islam and even then would not have allowed them to deny the truth of the Christian religion.

The Blasphemy Act was repealed in 1967, implicitly taking the Doctrine of the Trinity Act with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctrine_of...y_Act_1813

It has been political maneuvoring that has kept Trinity afloat. Otherwise, its limitations are self evident:

http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/the-co...umbuyp/38#
http://knol.google.com/k/faith-and-reaso...hristians#
http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/the-co...umbuyp/76#

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
RE: Why Europe did not become Muslim or Unitarian Christian in the nineteenth century?
I stopped reading at "From Wikipedia".
07-29-2010, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2010 09:24 AM by Ahmadi.)
RE: Why Europe did not become Muslim or Unitarian Christian in the nineteenth century?
If that is your desire then look elsewhere, there should be enough materials about an Act in Britian. Here is my quick research and the plot thickens:

Between 1548 (John Assheton) and 1612 we find a thin line of anti-Trinitarians, either executed or saved by recantation. Those burned included George van Parris. (1551), Flemish surgeon; Patrick Pakingham (1555), fellmonger; Matthew Hamont (1579), ploughwright; John Lewes (1583); Peter Cole (1587), tanner; Francis Kett (1589), physician and author; Bartholomew Legate (1612), cloth-dealer, last of the Smithfield victims; and the twice-burned fanatic Edward Wightman (1612). In all these cases the virus seems to have come from Holland; the last two executions followed the rash dedication to James I of the Latin version of the Racovian Catechism (1609). The vogue of Socinian views, which for a time affected men like Falkland and Chillingworth, led to the abortive fourth canon of 1640 against Socinian books.
The ordinance of 1648 made denial of the Trinity a capital offence, but it remained a dead letter, Cromwell intervening in the cases of Paul Best (1590 - 1657) and John Biddle (1616 - 1662). In 1650 John Knowles was an Arian lay-preacher at Chester. In 1652 - 1654 and 1658 - 1662 Biddlle held a Socinian conventicle in London; in addition to his own writings he reprinted (1651) and translated (1652) the Racovian Catechism, and the Life of Socinus (1653). His disciple Thomas Firmin (1632—1697), mercer and philanthropist, and friend of Tillotson, was weaned to Sabellian views by Stephen Nye (1648—1719), a clergyman. Firmin promoted a remarkable series of controversial tracts (1690 - 1699).

http://www.fact-index.com/u/un/unitarianism.html

President Thomas Jefferson's views
A letter to theologian James Smith -- December 8, 1822 -- elaborates Jefferson's views on the subject.

"Sir, -- I have to thank you for your pamphlets on the subject of Unitarianism, and to express my gratification with your efforts for the revival of primitive Christianity in your quarter.

No historical fact is better established, than that the doctrine of one God, pure and uncompounded, was that of the early ages of Christianity; and was among the efficacious doctrines which gave it triumph over the polytheism of the ancients, sickened with the absurdities of their own theology. Nor was the unity of the Supreme Being ousted from the Christian creed by the force of reason, but by the sword of civil government, wielded at the will of the fanatic Athanasius. The hocus-pocus phantasm of a God like another Cerberus, with one body and three heads, had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands and thousands of martyrs. And a strong proof of the solidity of the primitive faith, is its restoration, as soon as a nation arises which vindicates to itself the freedom of religious opinion, and its external divorce from the civil authority. The pure and simple unity of the Creator of the universe, is now all but ascendant in the Eastern States; it is dawning in the West, and advancing towards the South; and I confidently expect that the present generation will see Unitarianism become the general religion of the United States. The Eastern presses are giving us many excellent pieces on the subject, and Priestley's learned writings on it are, or should be, in every hand. In fact, the Athanasian paradox that one is three, and three but one, is so incomprehensible to the human mind, that no candid man can say he has any idea of it, and how can he believe what presents no idea? He who thinks he does, only deceives himself. He proves, also, that man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without a rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons gullibility which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."

"I write with freedom, because while I claim a right to believe in one God, if so my reason tells me, I yield as freely to others that of believing in three. Both religions, I find, make honest men, and that is the only point society has any right to look to. Although this mutual freedom should produce mutual indulgence, yet I wish not to be brought in question before the public on this or any other subject, and I pray you to consider me as writing under that trust. I take no part in controversies, religious or political. At the age of eighty, tranquility is the greatest good of life, and the strongest of our desires that of dying in the good will of all mankind. And with the assurance of all my good will to Unitarian and Trinitarian, to Whig and Tory, accept for yourself that of my entire respect."

Let us follow his golden civic principles!

There are host of additional materials available on this webpage:

http://www.brunswickcounty.com/Thomas_Je...-1150.html
07-30-2010, 04:21 AM
Right,let us going

Amazing cheap and beautiful prada handbags on sale now!
07-30-2010, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2010 09:00 AM by Ahmadi.)
Here is the description of the Blasphemy Act 1698.

The Blasphemy Act 1698 (which applied to England and Wales) declared it illegal for any person, educated in or having made profession of the Christian religion, by writing, preaching, teaching or advised speaking, to state the following:

a denial that the members of the Holy Trinity were God.
an assertion that there is more than one god.
a denial of the truth of the Christian religion to be true.
a denial of the Holy Scriptures to be of divine authority.
The first offence resulted in being rendered incapable of holding any office or place of trust. The second offence resulted in being rendered incapable of bringing any action, of being guardian or executor, or of taking a legacy or deed of gift, and three years imprisonment without bail.

The act was directed against apostates at the beginning of the deist movement in England, particularly after the 1696 publication of John Toland's book Christianity Not Mysterious.

It was rarely applied: an excessively short statute of limitations allowed for a very short time after the offence for lodging a formal complaint; a similar limitation applied to bringing the case to trial. As a result, existing common law process continued to be the first line against heterodoxy in England.

The Trinitarian provision was amended by the Doctrine of the Trinity Act 1813 to remove the penalties from Unitarians.

The act was repealed by the Criminal Law Act 1967.

Unquote:

Three centuries of indoctrination on the point of sword. No wonder the masses cannot think straight and three is equal to one and one is equal to three.

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
06-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Lol follow your heart and fornicate lol follow your heart and do everything wrong cuz will lead to hell for sure following discipline is wrong for some ppl cuz they want there vein desire so loo follow heath desire and hell is waiting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rome, the Future Capital of the Future United States of Europe, and the Vatican cgaviria 2 65 10-26-2017 10:33 AM
Last Post: susanblange
  Jesus said the word "Muslim" in Luke 6:40, and told others to be a Muslim Isa 72 18,476 03-06-2017 11:39 PM
Last Post: Gomerozdubar
  Islamists call migrants for violence in Europe Terrorism-Awareness 2 378 02-02-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: KAYSER
  Did Christianity only emerge in the 4th century? Duvduv 13 1,139 01-31-2013 01:28 AM
Last Post: Satyros
  Christian- muslim relationship NEED HELP! oats2012 16 2,168 10-05-2012 05:09 PM
Last Post: anderj235
  The need for Deprogramming Muslim, Christian, and Jewish fundamentalism biomystic 22 6,287 12-07-2010 12:11 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Muslim girl in love with Christian guy pleinsduremords 9 14,268 07-31-2010 02:52 PM
Last Post: CarolineBelle

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)