Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why I am not a Christian anymore
10-19-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Is God partisan, when he is not partial?
(10-19-2017 01:24 PM)Amememhab Wrote:  Yes, sir. You cannot love what you no longer believe in. Yet we have Christians who honor God verbally but with hearts it seems set on mammon (Isaiah 29:13, Mark 7:6), message dripping with self-righteousness as they pursue a nice living from their distorted version of the gospel as any other careerist will attempt to rise within another field, hypocrites chasing the honest seeker of Christ out of the fold. And these are organized behind well-funded ministries often mixed up in secular US politics.

And it saddens me, a humble, mortal Christian admitting a streak of agnosticism rather than certainty, to see the church sullied in this way. It’s allowed the author of confusion to run rampant, to the point where sincere followers will utter the condemnations they feel exempt from (Romans 8:1) when all I can hear God say is, “As long as the world turns, I am there, whenever you need me.”
Personally, I was very busy before placing my faith in Jesus. What with judging others from a heart of consemnation...it was a lot of work! Thank God Jesus took that load off. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2017, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2017 08:17 PM by Amememhab.)
RE: Why I am not a Christian anymore
(10-16-2017 05:22 PM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  I think a reading of Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason would do you much good...Paine is sometimes too harsh for my taste- but it goes a long way to explain many reasons why one would want to distance themselves from any organized religion.

’Thomas Paine, in The Age of Reason’ Wrote:I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.

I like Thomas Paine, and have read Common Sense. He began The Age of Reason by mentioning the dispossession of the clergy in Revolutionary France. Yeah, he could hit pretty hard with the darts in his pamphlets. Arrested in Paris in 1793 at the height of the Terror, I think he lucked out in getting released the following year, not mounting the scaffold to the guillotine. Seems Robespierre’s head dropped into the bucket instead.

(10-19-2017 02:17 PM)journeyman Wrote:  Personally, I was very busy before placing my faith in Jesus...

The world and its endless designs does take one’s contemplation away from the gentle Holy Ghost, descending like a dove to offer us its love. Such a hypercompetitive, frictional, judgmental world where no perceived slight is forgiven, in 30 CE or today. I’m glad the Christ preached against that spirit.
~ Angelic
11-25-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: Is God partisan, when he is not partial?
(10-19-2017 02:17 PM)journeyman Wrote:  
(10-19-2017 01:24 PM)Amememhab Wrote:  Yes, sir. You cannot love what you no longer believe in. Yet we have Christians who honor God verbally but with hearts it seems set on mammon (Isaiah 29:13, Mark 7:6), message dripping with self-righteousness as they pursue a nice living from their distorted version of the gospel as any other careerist will attempt to rise within another field, hypocrites chasing the honest seeker of Christ out of the fold. And these are organized behind well-funded ministries often mixed up in secular US politics.

And it saddens me, a humble, mortal Christian admitting a streak of agnosticism rather than certainty, to see the church sullied in this way. It’s allowed the author of confusion to run rampant, to the point where sincere followers will utter the condemnations they feel exempt from (Romans 8:1) when all I can hear God say is, “As long as the world turns, I am there, whenever you need me.”
Personally, I was very busy before placing my faith in Jesus. What with judging others from a heart of consemnation...it was a lot of work! Thank God Jesus took that load off. Smile
In order to love God you must love His Word. Not loving the words of His book is a sure sign you don’t love God.
Today, 11:33 AM
RE: Why I am not a Christian anymore
Recipe for homemade ricin:

1. mix a teaspoon of lye with 2 ounces of hot water in a jar 2. put 2 ounces of castor beans into the cooled down lye/water mix 3. let the beans soak for an hour 4. pour out the liquid 5. rinse off the beans with cool water 6. remove the outer husks of the beans with tweezers 7. blend together 4 ounces of acetone for each ounce of bean pulp 8. place the pulp/acetone in an airtight jar 9. allow the pulp/acetone to settle for 3 days 10. shake-up the mix in the jar after it's been settled for 3 days 11. pour the mixture into a coffee filter 12. discard the liquid 13. squeeze out the acetone as much as possible without losing any of the bean pulp 14. spread out the filter on a pan covered with newspaper and let it stand dry 15. repeat steps 8 to 14 until a nice dry powder is obtained

This site must shutdown or terrorists could get information here on how to produce homemade ricin!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)