Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does got curse me?
08-08-2017, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 01:24 AM by NeedHelp.)
Why does got curse me?
Hello to all. Im really joining this forum for help more than anything. I want to believe in god. Ive grown up in a catholic house, was baptized and received communion/confirmation. I just don't understand how if god is such a miracle worker and can do such wonders, why am I cursed with bad luck/pessimism?

I have multiple anxiety disorders and depression. My family is falling apart. everything I try to do either doesn't work out for me or fails halfway through. Every day I always feel alone, and my loneliness makes me genuinely want to die. I don't understand how if god is such a miracle worker, why does he curse me?

I am not denying the existance of god. I belive there is a higher power and I understand that the spiritual realm exists (Ive had a negative entity manifest in my house before). I just want to know why god seems to s*** on me and nobody else.

thank you to everyone who can help with my question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2017, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 01:39 AM by PeterPants.)
RE: Why does got curse me?
The brain is a machine of habit. Negative thoughts are a terrible dabilitating habit. The Cure, is forcefully re-training your brain to be more positive. There are many tricks for achieving this. All take hard work, but it's obviously with it (even if your not depressed)

I see no reason to bring god into it at all, if you want help, seek scientifically proven methods.
If your simply interested in the metaphysics, then it's easy. God is make believe, and inconsistent with reality, hence your confusion.

PS, the worst thing about depression, is its ability to make people not want to get better, recognise this and understand that IF you feel better, youll WANT to continue feeling good, and you'll want more good life. This intellectual recognition of the bad state your brain is currently in, is reason enough to strive to get better, even if such a proposition may now seems pointless to you.

Oh, and this... "I just want to know why god seems to s*** on me and nobody else." Is just another symptom of depression, it's clearly not true and I'm sure you know it.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
08-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Professional help from a qualified person would be a good start. Not an Internet forum. And not some religious clergyman who is just going to tell you how much a particular god might love you.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
09-27-2017, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2017 07:28 AM by Sonny Scott.)
(08-08-2017 01:22 AM)NeedHelp Wrote:  Hello to all. Im really joining this forum for help more than anything. I want to believe in god. Ive grown up in a catholic house, was baptized and received communion/confirmation. I just don't understand how if god is such a miracle worker and can do such wonders, why am I cursed with bad luck/pessimism?

I have multiple anxiety disorders and depression. My family is falling apart. everything I try to do either doesn't work out for me or fails halfway through. Every day I always feel alone, and my loneliness makes me genuinely want to die. I don't understand how if god is such a miracle worker, why does he curse me?

I am not denying the existance of god. I belive there is a higher power and I understand that the spiritual realm exists (Ive had a negative entity manifest in my house before). I just want to know why god seems to s*** on me and nobody else.

You are going through what I have been through and I'm still going through. I was brought up catholic and I used to love and do everything for God that is until my life turned upside down. I prayed I cried and even got mad at God to the point where I cursed Him for not answering my prayers for help. Needless to say each day is worse than the last one. I contemplate suicide on a daily basis but don't act on it because it would hurt my kids too much. I'm a single dad their mother took off when they were young and could care less about anything. If I didn't have kids I doubt I would be here writing this right now so I just go on dead inside. I have come to the conclusion that either God is the most evil hypocrite ever or more likely He just doesn't exist. Don't count on God for anything is what I learned and people aren't much better.
09-29-2017, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2017 12:57 PM by Caesar Saladin.)
I've been in your shoes, and it's not a fun time. I know.

However, turning to God or some metaphysical being isn't the answer in itself. You can give a rock as much thought and contemplation as God- it's the distraction of God that you're seeking: something to take your mind off of what's going on in your head. By the same token, blaming God for your feelings and misfortunes is misplaced as well: if God has a reason for everything, then what you're experiencing is supposed to happen. You may look on it as a curse, but it may be something completely different and you just haven't seen it yet.

If turning to God- or any deity of choice (not Cthulhu, though- he will definitely make you crazy)- is helpful, then go for it, but realize it's only a distraction from your very real issues. Those need to be handled either by seeking proper help and guidance, or by simply taking a long look at yourself and deciding you're going to make the change yourself. Either way is viable, but personally I'd get help to start with and get on track with a solid plan before you decide to freelance it yourself.

In any case, whatever you decide to do, stay in touch with us here and keep us abreast of your progress. We can offer our support, but in the end it's you who has to do the heavy lifting. Go get 'em, tiger.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
11-27-2017, 07:59 PM
(08-08-2017 01:22 AM)NeedHelp Wrote:  Hello to all. Im really joining this forum for help more than anything. I want to believe in god. Ive grown up in a catholic house, was baptized and received communion/confirmation. I just don't understand how if god is such a miracle worker and can do such wonders, why am I cursed with bad luck/pessimism?

What pray tell why you think God’s got a grudge against you other He May be trying to draw you to Him?
11-27-2017, 08:09 PM
(11-27-2017 07:59 PM)Lance Wrote:  

What pray tell why you think God’s got a grudge against you other He May be trying to draw you to Him?

It wouldn’t be the first time the god of the bible held a grudge.... why can’t it happen again?

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
11-27-2017, 10:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am curious about you not mentioning Jesus in your post. Obviously from the Christian perspective (which you probably are doing) : to get to God, it is only through Jesus.

Best wishes
11-27-2017, 11:22 PM
(11-27-2017 08:09 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  
(11-27-2017 07:59 PM)Lance Wrote:  

It wouldn’t be the first time the god of the bible held a grudge.... why can’t it happen again?

He’s just taking you to the wood shed to get you inline. Been there myself. Smarts don’t it?
11-27-2017, 11:24 PM
Because nothing says "I love you" like being beaten bloody...

Кровь за Кровь, Во Славу Великим!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)