Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is marijuana bad in christianity?
12-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Why is marijuana bad in christianity?
Ok first of all its just a weed, a WEED that grows on god's green earth. He put it here ok. Now there was someone that just happened to come along and find out what does. Now what i dont understand is why is it bad, God put it here for a reason right?? Here read this from the bible....

"Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;"

But the you may turn around and say that in the bible its says that you must not do anything to harm your body right. Well jesus drank wine and that is alcahol but yet that is forbidden in the bible? So what im trying to say is that the bible is saying that you cant do this you cant do that BUT yet god put it on this earth. Don't make any sense to me.

Please someone explain. Thankyou
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2008, 05:09 PM
RE: Why is marijuana bad in christianity?
First and foremost, it's illegal. As Christianity doesn't promote the breaking of any local, state or federal laws, that right there should cover it.

However ... Big Grin ... Ephesians 5:18 admonishes: Do not be getting drunk with wine, in which there is debauchery ...

Water, in the time of Jesus, was a precious resource. Clean water, that is. People often drank wine instead. It was also used for the treatment of ailments.

The bible teaches of moderation in all things.

Pot also chemically changes your faculties. Therefore, you aren't in control of your actions and able to live your life according to God's will.

(Before you tell me that you're in total control when high ... explain to me how the twelve tacos from Taco Bell ended up in your belly?!?) Tongue

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
12-11-2008, 05:13 PM
who tells you that.?the only refrence is don,t be a drunkard.imagine that means permanately drunk.

Good evil salvation
12-11-2008, 05:14 PM
about weed,nothing there,same thing i would imagine.

Good evil salvation
12-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok good point good point. Tell me this wine is wine IT'S alachol no way around it.

Pot Ooooo my favorite topic HEHE. Ok so if pot was made legal then it would be ok then right?? and yes OMG when you get high you get hungry no way so bad.
Pot can be used medically to help patients and it has been proven. The only thing is, is that is it legal. ! more thing please tell me what High is? And i am in control of my actions when im high, I have never done anything stupid or that would get me in trouble (besides smoking it which is illegal). I no what im doing unlike when your drunk when you dont know what your doing YET!!!! alachol is legal. Makes no sense. Big Grin Thankyou
12-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Smellycat, 1st off you cannot overdose on weed unlike alachol, the worst that would happen is you would fall asleep and wake up hungry. You would have to smoke 1500lbs of pot in 15mins to overdose, FACT!!! once i find where i saw this i would be glad to show you
12-11-2008, 05:19 PM
i agree with you frostbite,if you can control it like you say,no problem.

Good evil salvation
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
then why is it bad in christianity? God put it here right or am i wrong? Someone just happened to set it on fire and find out what is does. ITS not a drug. A drug you have to mix chemicals together, Asprin is a drug. If you take meds from like a pharmacy are you a drug addict. Legal or illegal its still a drug and god does not approve of drugs yet i BET you christians take them right?
12-11-2008, 05:30 PM
as far as i,m aware iv,e not heard people saying it,s bad.you may get some christians saying so i don,t know.i do know some christians who had to give up alcohol,because they changed.they might say all alcohol is bad,but this is upto yourself and God.

Good evil salvation
12-13-2008, 02:14 AM
FrostBite Wrote:then why is it bad in christianity? God put it here right or am i wrong?

My question: Who said it was wrong according to Christians? I've never met a christian who's been against pot due to religion..

Because Christianity is a religion that has attracted a large number of far-right individuals, it's quite probable they're just using religion as a cover for a personal bias.

I've never smoked pot, but I've been in close contact with people who have, and they seem a lot less dangerous then the drunks I occasionally see in town.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)