Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will God?
06-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Will God?
Of late, I have been reading the prophecies of Ezekiel and I am just floored at the attitude of the people of my generation. Throughout the Bible God has promised to never forget nor to forsake His chosen people, Israel. (Duet. 14:2) He has promised to love them as much as a thousand generations.(Duet. 7:9 Exo. 20:6)

Let's talk about that for a moment. God's perfect number, for those that go that direction, is seven. I have no truck with Numerology but neither do I have a problem with God doing things in sevens to illustrate completeness. So my point, there is good reason to believe that the Earth will suffer te presence of man for about another thousand years before God destroys it.

God has promised to never forsake those that He has called that are faithful to follow Him. (At this point it is always good to remember the Messianic Jew and the fact that the first Christians were Jewish.) The promise is for a thousand generations, the earth will be here for seven thousand years and using today's shorter definition of a generation, the promise is for at least 25,000 years. Folks, I make that out to be forever!

My point now. Will God pour out wrath on the USA? Please read Ezekiel 36. Then look at Israel, today. God poured out His wrath on Israel several times but as I understand it the wrath Ezekiel suffered was from the period when God used the Babylonians to punish them. God totally devastated the land of milk and honey and sent the people off into slavery.

What were they guilty of? They killed their babies in the worship o false gods, we kill ours, today, for the god of convenience. They built temples for the false gods, we have the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City and Islamic Temples going up on every corner. The Hollywood crowd is busy exporting Buddhism and the worship of that idol. In just this country it is estimated that we have slaughtered just under fifty million unborn children since 1973.

Can you honestly believe in a perfectly just God and still believe that He will not punish us as He did others in the past?

Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-'69
vist me @ Basic Christianity
http://th1bill.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2010, 06:35 AM
RE: Will God?
(06-19-2010 12:38 AM)th1bill Wrote:  Of late, I have been reading the prophecies of Ezekiel and I am just floored at the attitude of the people of my generation. Throughout the Bible God has promised to never forget nor to forsake His chosen people, Israel. (Duet. 14:2) He has promised to love them as much as a thousand generations.(Duet. 7:9 Exo. 20:6)

Let's talk about that for a moment. God's perfect number, for those that go that direction, is seven. I have no truck with Numerology but neither do I have a problem with God doing things in sevens to illustrate completeness. So my point, there is good reason to believe that the Earth will suffer te presence of man for about another thousand years before God destroys it.

God has promised to never forsake those that He has called that are faithful to follow Him. (At this point it is always good to remember the Messianic Jew and the fact that the first Christians were Jewish.) The promise is for a thousand generations, the earth will be here for seven thousand years and using today's shorter definition of a generation, the promise is for at least 25,000 years. Folks, I make that out to be forever!

My point now. Will God pour out wrath on the USA? Please read Ezekiel 36. Then look at Israel, today. God poured out His wrath on Israel several times but as I understand it the wrath Ezekiel suffered was from the period when God used the Babylonians to punish them. God totally devastated the land of milk and honey and sent the people off into slavery.

What were they guilty of? They killed their babies in the worship o false gods, we kill ours, today, for the god of convenience. They built temples for the false gods, we have the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City and Islamic Temples going up on every corner. The Hollywood crowd is busy exporting Buddhism and the worship of that idol. In just this country it is estimated that we have slaughtered just under fifty million unborn children since 1973.

Can you honestly believe in a perfectly just God and still believe that He will not punish us as He did others in the past?

Every "Christian" who thinks Ezekiel is worthy of respect needs to reread Ezekiel Chapter 9, and this time read it with moral eyes instead of overlooking blatant blasphemy of God committed by ancient Jews using God for Jewish priesthood power plays.

In Ezekiel, here is the "god" that you think everyone should follow giving this god's commandments that should repel any moral person who reads them.

Ezekiel 9:6 "Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were before the Temple."

This is that "god" you want Christians to follow? This is that "god" you want America to follow? Please! If you can't see the wrongness of Ezekiel why should anyone believe in the good words of Ezekiel? God sent Christ in to morally upgrade Jewish worship and obedience to the will of God, the real God Most High. You follow the OT god and you will find yourselves at odds with both reason and morality. E.g. this whole rightwing Christian obsession with abortion that fails to recognize that God is the busiest abortionist around, aborting fetuses continually in women when something is not right in either their bodily systems or in their environments. Every woman on earth who has menstral cycles has had spontaneous abortions and here you are trying to criminalize and punish women for being the conscious instruments of God's protection of mother's health and well-being when something isn't right in the conditions in the womb or the home environment. If you can't see the immorality in Ezekiel's conception of God then you can't see the immorality of not allowing women have control over their own bodies.
Find all posts by this user
06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
(06-19-2010 06:35 AM)biomystic Wrote:  Every "Christian" who thinks Ezekiel is worthy of respect needs to reread Ezekiel Chapter 9, and this time read it with moral eyes instead of overlooking blatant blasphemy of God committed by ancient Jews using God for Jewish priesthood power plays.

In Ezekiel, here is the "god" that you think everyone should follow giving this god's commandments that should repel any moral person who reads them.

Ezekiel 9:6 "Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were before the Temple."

This is that "god" you want Christians to follow? This is that "god" you want America to follow? Please! If you can't see the wrongness of Ezekiel why should anyone believe in the good words of Ezekiel? God sent Christ in to morally upgrade Jewish worship and obedience to the will of God, the real God Most High. You follow the OT god and you will find yourselves at odds with both reason and morality. E.g. this whole rightwing Christian obsession with abortion that fails to recognize that God is the busiest abortionist around, aborting fetuses continually in women when something is not right in either their bodily systems or in their environments. Every woman on earth who has menstral cycles has had spontaneous abortions and here you are trying to criminalize and punish women for being the conscious instruments of God's protection of mother's health and well-being when something isn't right in the conditions in the womb or the home environment. If you can't see the immorality in Ezekiel's conception of God then you can't see the immorality of not allowing women have control over their own bodies.

I'm sorry that you do not know the Holy Spirit of God because without the Spirit to guide you there are many difficult passages of scripture.

There are, just as God promised, many ear ticklers in the pulpits today but there is much more to God than love. God is the Good Father and a good father knows when to reward and when to punish. Then you run off into the abortion issue, trying to derail the OP. Can you not even focus?
[/color]

Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-'69
06-22-2010, 04:33 AM
bio Wrote:  Ezekiel 9:6 "Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were before the Temple."
You didn't answer "bill" if this is the god you think we should believe in and worship and obey. Doesn't sound like the kind of god I could believe in or obey or worship.

????????????????
06-22-2010, 08:08 AM
(06-21-2010 12:19 PM)th1bill Wrote:  
(06-19-2010 06:35 AM)biomystic Wrote:  Every "Christian" who thinks Ezekiel is worthy of respect needs to reread Ezekiel Chapter 9, and this time read it with moral eyes instead of overlooking blatant blasphemy of God committed by ancient Jews using God for Jewish priesthood power plays.

I'm sorry that you do not know the Holy Spirit of God because without the Spirit to guide you there are many difficult passages of scripture.

There are, just as God promised, many ear ticklers in the pulpits today but there is much more to God than love. God is the Good Father and a good father knows when to reward and when to punish. Then you run off into the abortion issue, trying to derail the OP. Can you not even focus?
[/color]

No "Good Father" threatens to "utterly destroy" His children. That you can accept such a horror as "God" who could inspire the inhumanity contained in Ezekiel's "god", the same sort of inhumanity seen in the Joshua genocidal commandments from this very same "god", just goes to show how much you've let religious texts brainwash you and rob you of moral perspective. Oh yes, there are "good things" Ezekiel has written, inspired by the same schizoid god who is gives good commandments here and really terrible ones there, producing in Abrahamic believers who swallow these ancient men's ideas without thinking, the same moral schizophrenia doing good here and doing utterly evil acts there.

Time to find about the real God Most High, EL Elyon, unpolluted by the Jewish makeover of Yahweh into EL Elyon, a melding of two very different gods that could only produce a schizoid deity and schizoid followers.
06-22-2010, 10:00 AM
(06-22-2010 04:33 AM)kevlar Wrote:  You didn't answer "bill" if this is the god you think we should believe in and worship and obey. Doesn't sound like the kind of god I could believe in or obey or worship.

When a person jerks scripture out of it's context and hen seeks to impose their interpretation on it, it is seldom worthy of comment.[/color]

Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-'69
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 10:27 AM by kevlar.)
(06-22-2010 10:00 AM)th1bill Wrote:  
(06-22-2010 04:33 AM)kevlar Wrote:  You didn't answer "bill" if this is the god you think we should believe in and worship and obey. Doesn't sound like the kind of god I could believe in or obey or worship.

When a person jerks scripture out of it's context and hen seeks to impose their interpretation on it, it is seldom worthy of comment.[/color]

Please, put it into context for me and I may be able to view it in a more favourable light. I have after all read of multi-species genocide, conducted apparently by your god, and mass murder. Perhaps if you could place these atrocities into perspective and context I could understand.

????????????????
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
(06-22-2010 10:23 AM)kevlar Wrote:   Please, put it into context for me and I may be able to view it in a more favourable light. I have after all read of multi-species genocide, conducted apparently by your god, and mass murder. Perhaps if you could place these atrocities into perspective and context I could understand.

Alright but the study is very long to confirm the context. When I was the owner of my company I would often tell the secretary to respond to an inquiry and to say certain things. She the wrote the letter in her own word order and i signed it, the letter was not worded by myself but it did convey my message and was from me. In like manor God wrote the Bible, all of it!

For this reason the Bible, from "In the Beginning." through the last "Amen" of Revelation is one context. In this context what has disturbed our detractor is God effecting the Spiritual cleansing of His people. What God did was for good. In like manor, when my mom raised poodles there was the occasional cull born. That dog was never registered, it was fixed so as to never reproduce and then given, not sold, to a deserving kid. It was singled out and removed. It was a full blooded Poodle but it was sub-standard and it was permanently
removed from the linage.[/color]

Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-'69
06-22-2010, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 12:22 PM by kevlar.)
well I'm glad you and your god think we are poodles.......................get a grip..............put into context mass murder and multi-species genocide.
Here's the real deal.
The all powerful being in existence decided to create a universe and populate it with billions upon of billions upon billions of lifeforms, some sentient some not. Your guess, as to why he decided to do this is, is as good as mine.
A sentient life form on an insignificant planet out by the edge of this universe, decided that they needed a GOD, they also decided that the only thing they were aware of, their planet and some lights in the sky, must have been created by this GOD. So really they came really close to some truth, by pure luck. Unfortunately after that their "ego's" got involved. Now ego is not a dirty word, but it can cause some grief.
Because the only thing they knew, was what they knew. And it wasn't very much at all, they decided to make up lots of things, put that sentience to work so to speak. It was sort of going to waste (cos other animals did the same thing) avoiding lions and killing mammoths. So they decided that their GOD wanted them to do things to make him happy............things like killing animals and burning them..........and sometimes children...........and sometimes he would give them a break from killing their children, but get them to kill other peoples children, and wives and husbands in fact all of them.
Now don't get me wrong, the all powerful being in existence had absolutely nothing to do with this crap. He was aware of it going on and could have if he wanted to do something about it. But the whole universe thing was an experiment to him, there were after all billions, billions, billions of life forms and it wasn't difficult for him to intervene (being all powerful being in existence) but it had always been his intention to let whatever may be happen of it's own accord. No interference from him.
Meanwhile back on earth, the supposedly sentient species, had created that many GODS, you couldn't poke a stick at them. But it was all sorts of groups who had all sorts of different GODS, so someone had to come up with a GOD that was bigger and better than the other GODS. Each little group came up with a GOD who killed all the other GODS little group. Never happened of course, but when your playing, mine is bigger than yours, it doesn't matter.
Intermission.

????????????????
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
You'll notice, of course that I did not quote you reply! Just as I have repeatedly remarked, you have the right to believe any lie you choose and you, my friend, have chosen!

Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-'69

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)