Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will I be a cat,alligator or dog in my next life?
03-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Will I be a cat,alligator or dog in my next life?
I am totally fascinated with animals especially cats, alligators and dogs. What does Hinduism say about cats, alligators and dogs? I heard that when you die whatever you are thinking about at the time of death will decide your next life. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2011, 08:53 PM
RE: Will I be a cat,alligator or dog in my next life?
I know that I should keep quiet here, but how does this reincarnation work for non believers of it?
03-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Reincarnation will happen to everyone whether or not they believe in it. When your material body dies your soul goes into a new body. It can be an animal body, an insect body or a human body etc etc etc. However, If you are a greatly advanced devotee of Lord Krishna then you can go back to Godhead(spiritual world) and then you don't have to reincarnate anymore. How you act in this life determines your next life. For example, if I decide to kill a bunch of people I may get a body of a cockroach in my next life. However, if I try to become Krishna Conscious in this life I may luck out and take another human birth in my next life.
03-07-2011, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 05:07 AM by IMtM.)
My take on it:
Reincarnation = the Conservation of Energy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

[sarcasm]But that is a superficial answer[/sarcasm] that won't be accepted by many people. The person would become a cockroach, from your, blackcat99, example, by way of that called Karma; at least karma as people are told what it means. The thing is, Karma is not some Golden Rule instituted by an over-arching deity who is full of Observation and Judgment. Karma literally means work; i.e., in the old Sanskrit. Karma can be likened to the concept of inertia (I'm sure I've brought this up elsewhere on this forum). It is the weight of one's actions--the impact if you will--which propels or stills a person. How much of a stir did you make? That amount depends on and is defined by your Karma. The Karma of Pythagoras, Swinburne, Laotze, etc., still continues to affect the world. That is Karma, NOT some system of Divine Retribution.
03-07-2011, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 08:18 AM by kevlar.)
I think I'll come back as a cockroach (free shot fellas) cos then I'll survive all of these armageddon wars and things.................woohoo........ and god wouldn't let cockroaches be killed on the new earth, so we would take the place over before the 144,000 had finished queuing up for the toilets.........YESSSSSSSSSS. Cockrule Tongue

If cockroaches can survive nuclear wars, what the hell do they put in insect spray...........scareeeeeeee.

????????????????
03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
(03-07-2011 08:13 AM)kevlar Wrote:  If cockroaches can survive nuclear wars, what the hell do they put in insect spray...........scareeeeeeee.

[Image: me001557.jpg]
03-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks all.Angelic Are there any Hindus here who can tell me what the Vedic scriptures say about cats,dogs and alligators? I am trying to become "God conscious" but my attachment to animals in standing in my way. Thanks.
03-08-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2558727/How-to-Get-Vairagya

Namaste
03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
(03-09-2011 07:56 AM)blackcat99 Wrote:  Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.
Oh, the lyrics to the second half of George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord," or was it the Chiffon's "He's So Fine"? Either way, very cool. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)