Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World on Gospels
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
World on Gospels
what is the view of the world communicated in the gospels?
Bible passages needed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2009, 07:28 AM
RE: World on Gospels
John 14:30: Jesus said: “The ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me.
The ruler of the world must be the wicked one, Satan the Devil, in whose power “the whole world is lying,” as stated at 1 John 5:19.

John 15:19: “you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.” Thus true Christians are no part of the mass of human society that is alienated from God. They shun attitudes, speech, and conduct that are characteristic of the world and that conflict with God’s standards and ways.
10-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Interesting. Bible Gateway is down and I'm far too lazy (and have far too much to do today) to find another reference website or pull out my old dogeared KJV, but I'm pretty sure there's several verses where god mentions that everything he created is clean, and is pure.

In addition, the doctrine of being removed from the world contradicts John's basic message of love, as well as the requirement of "Go ye into all the world".

Though to be honest, I wouldn't have much of a problem with your philosophy if your withdrawal was more complete, and your shunning not nearly so loud.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 11:05 AM by Raphael.)
(10-07-2009 03:40 PM)lana31 Wrote:  what is the view of the world communicated in the gospels?
Bible passages needed.

the only one I pay heed to at this time and know to quote:

Quote:Matthew 1:18-25 (New International Version)

The Birth of Jesus Christ
18This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. 19Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[a] because he will save his people from their sins."

22All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"[b)—which means, "God with us."

24When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
Praise

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
10-23-2009, 02:27 AM
The people who wrote them thought Jesus was the Only Son of God and God!

I sorry but I just can't except that idea!

He was A son of God and he was not God!

Jesus was a Half Angel-Half Human conceived from Marry a human and Michael the fallen voice of El!

The Angel Sophia is the Holy Spirit, she had fallen then Christ gave her a hand up.

Jesus followed the Teachings of Sophia rather than Michael's!
Jesus became one with Sophia upon being washed in Holy water.

When Jesus died the Spirit of Sophia left him till evening of the 3rd day!
While dead Jesus was in Hell waging war against himself mirrored!
Jesus defeated Lucifer and his Demons but became the King of hell after he had done so. Before taking the Throne Jesus gained power of the many Demons and set them free from their Chains. First was Rahab, second was Ganrioth, Third was Azel, forth was Urioth, and last was Aries.
Jesus is the King of Hell and has the Key of Life!

Jesus rose from the dead, than he went to heaven after testing his Followers by trying to trick them into thinking he was God, of course they all failed except Magdalene.

Sophia resides in the Earth as a Guardian.

Christ will be reborn as a Woman during Her second coming!
My Lady Sophia will Convert even the Anti-Christ into a Christian!
My Lady shall be struck down by the former followers of the Anti-Christ and then she will come back to life again as a female.
Then my Lady shall Install a new Covenant with the Lord and the two will become One! Each sit at one side of El they will Proclaim his Glory as the Word for all Time!

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
10-23-2009, 07:33 AM
(10-07-2009 03:40 PM)lana31 Wrote:  what is the view of the world communicated in the gospels?
Bible passages needed.

which gospels did you have in mind?

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
01-26-2010, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2010 01:27 AM by Parousia.)
oh, I don't know.
-----------
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Bible passages needed.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son..."

World (Greek cosmos) can mean different things depending on the context.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
The Greek word for world is ko'smos in all of its occurrences in the Christian Greek Scripture except 1 Peter 3:3, where it is rendered "adornment." World can mean 1)humankind as a whole, apart from their moral condition or course of life, 2) the framework of human circumstances into which a person is born and in which he lives, 3) the mass of mankind apart from Jehovah's approved servants.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gnostic Gospels CynLou 18 2,376 11-07-2016 10:46 PM
Last Post: 14revelation
  question about Gospels.... zianizinou 43 3,365 04-13-2016 07:00 PM
Last Post: Caesar Saladin
  Authorship of the gospels and related stuff Visqueen 8 2,201 02-18-2015 06:28 PM
Last Post: badger
  Origin of the Gospels Edward 33 2,248 01-07-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: Azoth
  The Gospels are unreliable as history MerryAtheist 82 9,619 03-04-2012 08:30 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)