Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would anyone know if this hadith is authentic?
10-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Would anyone know if this hadith is authentic?
Salaam Alaikum. This is a question for Muslims only.

I was reading a bit about what Islam teaches about Gog and Magog, and came across the following hadith.

"Allah Ta'ala divided mankind into ten parts. Nine tenths constitute Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj while the remaining tenths constitutues the rest of mankind."

This is allegedly something that Umar heard Muhammad say, if the sites below can be believed.

I could not find it either in Bukhari or Muslim or Abu Dawud, but the following sites list it. Do you know whether or not this is something that Muhammad actually said?

http://www.islamvirtue.com/2009/02/signs...yamah.html

http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.com/qiyamah.htm

http://www.al-furqan.5u.com/signs.html#yajooj

Interestingly, I found no mention of this hadith in IslamQA or Islamicity in addition to not being on searchtruth.com, which would lead me to question whether it is authentic.

Would anyone know?

Thanks so much and God bless.

TG123
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Would anyone know if this hadith is authentic?
Yes, This hadith is in Bukhari

Click Here to know more about Islam
10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
(10-22-2013 10:38 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  Yes, This hadith is in Bukhari

Are you sure about this? I could not find it in the "search truth" search engine.
Could you please provide the Hadith number and book number, as well as a link linking it to the Bukhari hadiths?

Thanks. Hope all is well with you and that your week is going well.

Allahma3k.

TG123
10-22-2013, 11:07 AM
(10-22-2013 11:01 AM)TG123 Wrote:  

Are you sure about this? I could not find it in the "search truth" search engine.
Could you please provide the Hadith number and book number, as well as a link linking it to the Bukhari hadiths?

Allahma3k.

TG123

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 567

10-22-2013, 10:31 PM
(10-22-2013 11:07 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  
(10-22-2013 11:01 AM)TG123 Wrote:  

Allahma3k.

TG123

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 567

Assalamu Alaikum. I'm not trying to be difficult, but when I looked up Volume 4 Book 55 Number 567, it said:

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 567 :
Narrated by Abu Said Al-Khudri

The Prophet said, "Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), 'O Adam.' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik wa Sa'daik', and all the good is in Your Hand.' Allah will say: 'Bring out the people of the fire.' Adam will say: 'O Allah! How many are the people of the Fire?' Allah will reply: 'From every one thousand, take out nine-hundred-and ninety-nine.' At that time children will become hoary headed, every pregnant female will have a miscarriage, and one will see mankind as drunken, yet they will not be drunken, but dreadful will be the Wrath of Allah." The companions of the Prophet asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is that (excepted) one?" He said, "Rejoice with glad tidings; one person will be from you and one-thousand will be from Gog and Magog." The Prophet further said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, hope that you will be one-fourth of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He added, "I hope that you will be one-third of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He said, "I hope that you will be half of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He further said, "You (Muslims) (compared with non Muslims) are like a black hair in the skin of a white ox or like a white hair in the skin of a black ox (i.e. your number is very small as compared with theirs)."

The hadith I cited says

"Allah Ta'ala divided mankind into ten parts. Nine tenths constitute Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj while the remaining tenths constitutues the rest of mankind."

I can't find it anywhere in Bukhari. Do you know if it an authentic one, and where it is from? Thanks.
10-22-2013, 11:28 PM
I don't know about this Hadith, sorry

10-22-2013, 11:50 PM
(10-22-2013 11:28 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  I don't know about this Hadith, sorry

No problem, I was just curious. Take care and have a good evening.
10-24-2013, 11:14 AM
(10-22-2013 11:50 PM)TG123 Wrote:  

Ok I found out about this, It's not a Hadith, it is just some opinions of Some scholars which can not be used as any type of evidence it is just a theory

HERE is a link but sorry, I don't have the English version of it

10-24-2013, 06:03 PM
(10-24-2013 11:14 AM)KAYSER Wrote:  
(10-22-2013 11:50 PM)TG123 Wrote:  

Ok I found out about this, It's not a Hadith, it is just some opinions of Some scholars which can not be used as any type of evidence it is just a theory

HERE is a link but sorry, I don't have the English version of it

Salaam Alaikum, and thank you. The sentence has Umar quoting Muhammad saying that the Gog and Magog comprise 9/10s of humanity? Were the scholars impersonating Muhammad or Umar, or was it meant to be just a fictional story of a conversation between them?

Take care and thanks for doing the research.

TG123
10-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Simply it's fake, I don't care how it is said, or some claim that the prophet said it, it is week chain but some scholars use it and that doesn't make it a Hadith or authentic hadith

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Big Grin Jesus (p) in Hadith and Muslim Traditions super.girl 1 545 08-12-2010 06:48 AM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)