Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YOU ARE WRONG!!!
12-15-2008, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2008 08:57 PM by B MAN.)
YOU ARE WRONG!!!
There are 4200+ religions on earth and i can pretty much guarantee that none of them are completely correct.

and to assume that yours is correct while the other 4199+ are incorrect is very ignorant.

think about it. except for YOUR holy book and YOUR holy faith and YOUR holy truths...there is no differences between any of you.

Do you really think that if you had been raised with 0 religion and when you were 18, were presented with a summary of all 4200+ religions, that you would choose the one you have now?

furthermore, think about what kind of god would damn someone to hell for all eternity for choosing one of the other 4199+.

This just makes me laugh everytime i hear someone so sure of them having the "right" religion. just plain funny.

the truth is, no one knows and no one ever will know until that individual dies. however, at that point, it is generally too late, so i really don't see a point in believing in ANY of them.

I plan on just living my life. i think that you should try the same.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2008, 04:04 AM
RE: YOU ARE WRONG!!!
how many have christ,you can count that as 1 faith.christians follow christ.religions are made up,christ is the way.

Good evil salvation
12-16-2008, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 06:55 AM by Anglican.)
B MAN Wrote:There are 4200+ religions on earth and i can pretty much guarantee that none of them are completely correct.

I just love it when atheists come up with that kind of statistic, and 4200+ is one of the more modest estimates I have heard. I would love to know where they get their figures from:

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Anglican Wrote:
B MAN Wrote:There are 4200+ religions on earth and i can pretty much guarantee that none of them are completely correct.

I just love it when atheists come up with that kind of statistic, and 4200+ is one of the more modest estimates I have heard. I would love to know where they get their figures from:

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
i am not atheist. that is a religion all the same. how the hell do you they know that there is no god? they don't. it takes just as much faith as the rest of those 4199+.

i got that number from here...adherents.com
12-16-2008, 12:34 PM
The total number of different viewpoints has absolutely nothing to do with which one is correct.

Greenville's Church
http://www.newstartchurch.net
12-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Limozine Wrote:The total number of different viewpoints has absolutely nothing to do with which one is correct.

if you ask a bunch of people a single question, and you get 4200+ different answers, chances are that most of them are random guesses. what makes your random guess any more "correct" than the other 4199?

oh yeah, your holy book, faith, etc. but wait! everyone else says the same thing.

this, combined with the fact that many believe god damns you to hell for all eternity for choosing the wrong guess, makes believing in a religion pointless, especially considering that your religion is often nothing more than what you were raised to believe.

i could say that all frogs are gods. write a huge a$$ novel about it, make a few vague predictions, and in 2000 years, i could get a decent sized congregation. you don't believe it? guess what? you are going to hell!
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
As I understand things, God loves us without limit or condition and wouldn't condemn anyone based on their lack of belief. My guess is that condemning non-believers is something that people have added to whatever message they got from God.
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Messenger Wrote:As I understand things, God loves us without limit or condition and wouldn't condemn anyone based on their lack of belief. My guess is that condemning non-believers is something that people have added to whatever message they got from God.

bible-"only way to heaven is through me [jesus]"

besides heaven, there is only hell. hence, if you don't believe in jesus, you go to hell.
12-16-2008, 05:06 PM
hell could be many things.you might be in it now.

Good evil salvation
12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
smellycat Wrote:hell could be many things.you might be in it now.

no, this place is pretty good. last time i checked, hell was supposed to be a place of eternal pain. yet, life is pretty good. i would be totally content staying here forever. it might be hell for you, but i like to call this place earth.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)