Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a Bible question
07-28-2017, 04:59 PM
a Bible question
In brief: might anyone know where some groups/individuals get the idea that God created all of the races individually/separately, and then placed them on different continents, thus 'proving' He wanted the races to stay apart from each other?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2017, 05:16 PM
RE: a Bible question
(07-28-2017 04:59 PM)SilverRose Wrote:  In brief: might anyone know where some groups/individuals get the idea that God created all of the races individually/separately, and then placed them on different continents, thus 'proving' He wanted the races to stay apart from each other?

He drowned all of them anyway... except for 5 white people. No clue where the different races emerged from after that?!? Or the white race for that matter, seeing that starting from 5 people, inbreeding kills everybody off in no time flat anyway Wink

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
07-28-2017, 05:35 PM
(07-28-2017 05:16 PM)Herminator Wrote:  He drowned all of them anyway... except for 5 white people. No clue where the different races emerged from after that?!? Or the white race for that matter, seeing that starting from 5 people, inbreeding kills everybody off in no time flat anyway Wink
There's elephant and tortoise genes in there too! SOMEwhere...

07-28-2017, 07:03 PM
There are eight people identified in Genesis: Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives.

There is nothing in the Bible about the origin of the races, unless one might leverage the Tower of Babel story into some kind of explanation.

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
07-28-2017, 07:09 PM
(07-28-2017 07:03 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  There are eight people identified in Genesis: Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives.

That's doesn't change the chances of producing viable offspring a single bit... inbreeding in such a small group of people kills off 40% in the first generation, and the rest is gone in two or three more.

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
07-28-2017, 08:13 PM
(07-28-2017 07:03 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  There are eight people identified in Genesis: Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives.

There is nothing in the Bible about the origin of the races, unless one might leverage the Tower of Babel story into some kind of explanation.

The part I bolded is exactly what I thought, too, and a bit of research had the same conclusions on various Christian sites, so where did this other idea come from? I never heard it til quite recently, but saw a book on Amazon called Almighty God Created The Races and comments in the preview came up in the moving Loving (about the interracial couple). I'm hoping the price will go down so I can buy the book, but in the meantime I'm still wondering where they came up with it. To the best of my knowledge, the Bible says God created Adam and Eve, and that's all.
07-29-2017, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 01:31 AM by Eloh.)
(07-28-2017 08:13 PM)SilverRose Wrote:  

The part I bolded is exactly what I thought, too, and a bit of research had the same conclusions on various Christian sites, so where did this other idea come from? I never heard it til quite recently, but saw a book on Amazon called Almighty God Created The Races and comments in the preview came up in the moving Loving (about the interracial couple). I'm hoping the price will go down so I can buy the book, but in the meantime I'm still wondering where they came up with it. To the best of my knowledge, the Bible says God created Adam and Eve, and that's all.

I have the answer but it more based on history than the Bible.
Every culture has a flood story, but it is not the whole earth that is destroyed.
"Behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the land, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in this land shall die." - Genesis 6:17
and in Genesis 7 the word many claim means Earth is the Hebrew word for land or country.
There for it does not means that the whole was flooded by only one son of El.
If you are going to point to 1 Peter 3:20 to say that I am wrong, lets read 1 Peter 3:20-21 again.
"Having disobeyed at one time, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved though water, this water symbolizes the baptism that now saves you, (not by the removal of dirt from the body, but the craving of a good conscience after divinity,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

If I had to guess all the Gods flooded their countries all around the same time period given that there is all evidence says the all world was cover in water either all at once or around the same time.

In Canaanite Mythology the Gods all agreed to flood the world.
Yahweh was a son of El originally and not the creator, he mighty have been a co-creator with El, but it is not said in the Bible.

“[When, as] an inheritance, [El(God)] Elyon(Most High) [divided up] the nations, [El] separated the sons of Mankind, the bounds of the people were set according to the number of the (70) sons of El. And Yahweh’s the portion [is] his people; Jacob [is] the lot of his inheritance. He (Yahweh) found him (Jacob) in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.” - Deuteronomy 32:8-9

You can't give an inheritance to yourself so why can Yahweh give an inheritance to himself? He can't so El Elyon(God Most High) and Yahweh are two different beings. Jesus was called the "Son of God Most High", by the Demons called Legion, not the Son of Yahweh.
As stated on Wikipedia, "Monogenes has two primary definitions, "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" and "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind"Thus monogenēs (μονογενὴς) may be used both as an adjective monogenēs pais, meaning unique and special. Its Greek meaning is often applied to mean "one of a kind, one and only". Monogenēs (μονογενὴς) may be used both as an adjective monogenēs pais, only child, or only legitimate child, special child, and also on its own as a noun; o monogenēs "the only one", or "the only legitimate child". The word is used in Hebrews 11:17-19 to describe Isaac, the son of Abraham. However Isaac was not the only-begotten son of Abraham, but was the chosen, having special virtue"
This proves that Jesus was the not the only "begotten" Son of El Elyon, but rather the El Elyon's favourite son.

“Elohim is set [up] in the assembly of El;
He judges among Elohim.
How long will you judge unjustly,
And show partiality to the wicked?
Defend the poor and fatherless;
Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Deliver the poor and needy;
Free them from the hand of the wicked.
They do not know, nor do they understand;
In foolishness they walk about;
All the foundations of the earth are unstable.
I said, ‘You are Elohim, and all of you are sons of Elyon(Most High).
But you shall die like Adam, and fall as but only princes.’
Rise up, [one of the] Elohim, judge the earth,
For all the nations will you inherit.” - Psalm 82
Jesus is the Son of El Elyon who justly judges the Earth, not Yahweh, Yahweh's justice is "a tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye", but Jesus tells you to fight hate with love, for love begets love, just as hatred begets evermore hatred.

I am a Pagan... But Jesus is a Hero, and I like his story.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question about the Bible's Authority TuringMachine 1 373 10-20-2013 11:20 AM
Last Post: aka[DoW]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)