Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
afghan
02-23-2010, 11:47 AM
afghan
what is the war really about......religion , oil , gas , power , control , money , the ill treatment of human beings or all seven .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2010, 09:51 PM
RE: afghan
We don't want the Taliban persecuting their own people with drugs and the abuse of religion. That's why we are over there, besides, Afghanistan really isn't one of the true oil-holders in the Middle East.
02-25-2010, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2010 12:42 PM by Mr Cheese.)
I'm not sure

I do however know that, thanks to USA, The Afghani people can now buy Coca Cola

First time in 10 years..I think

God Bless America...

[Image: 415337779_f0960a7fa6.jpg]

who cares about the war, as long as we have good old american products available to the free, right?

It is I who am you, it is you who are me. wherever you are,I am there. I am sown in all; you collect me from wherever you wish. And when you collect me, it is your own self that you collect.
02-25-2010, 04:28 PM
If it's not in glass bottles, then I don't think they'll be very happy. They taste better in glass, haha.
02-25-2010, 11:35 PM
The Afghan war was a response to the 9/11 attacks and ostensibly about the Taliban harbouring Al Queda and their training camps, as far as I recall. As with the much less justified invasion of Iraq, America aimed for regime change rather than restricting its response to the targetting of some well aimed smart bombs at areas of known training activity.

Unfortunately, as well as being stone age minded misogynistic Muslim zealots, the Taliban are also fierce and fearless warriors who don't roll over easily, so the war has dragged on for eight years, and looks like continuing so to do.

Although I'm not the best informed or the most politically aware person on the planet, I do tend towards the belief that we maybe should not have embarked on a long term conflict with the Taliban, who really might best benefit from five hundred years of isolation from the world in which time to develop from their current Flinstones mentality to the dim awakenings of civilised behaviour.

I do hope the current push initiated by Barack Obama achieves something however..
02-26-2010, 08:29 AM
War is always about POWER

????????????????
02-26-2010, 09:04 AM
(02-26-2010 08:29 AM)kevlar Wrote:  War is always about POWER

War is about electricity?

It is I who am you, it is you who are me. wherever you are,I am there. I am sown in all; you collect me from wherever you wish. And when you collect me, it is your own self that you collect.
02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
apparently not in your case..............it would be GAS

????????????????
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
(02-26-2010 09:07 AM)kevlar Wrote:  apparently not in your case..............it would be GAS

Well war I think is about resources and money.
How many "empires" have been pascifist?

02-26-2010, 09:19 AM
(02-26-2010 09:16 AM)Mr Cheese Wrote:  
(02-26-2010 09:07 AM)kevlar Wrote:  apparently not in your case..............it would be GAS

Well war I think is about resources and money.
How many "empires" have been pascifist?

I'm sorry I didn't realise that resources and money weren't POWER, the object of war, as I said.

????????????????

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)