Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
buganda
01-22-2009, 08:02 PM
buganda
get rid of the b uganda is now 80% plus christian,from the time of the change,you will see and continue to see God working in this country.

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2009, 09:45 AM
RE: buganda
Uganda is being terrorized by the murderous "Lord's Resistance Army" which is not a resistance movement, or have any real links with god. It is presently involved in sexual slavery of children, forcing children to be soldiers, invading the Democratic Republic of the Congo and committing atrocities, all the while claiming to be biblically based. The world actually doesn't really care about places that most people can't find on a map, and when the people are poor, and are from non-white racial groups. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army
01-23-2009, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009 11:15 AM by smellycat.)
unfortunately the wolves take charge and start wars again.common theme.
(01-23-2009 11:12 AM)smellycat Wrote:  unfortunately the wolves take charge and start wars again.common theme.
if you read on they killed 45 last month in a catholic church,they don,t sound very christian.wolves again.

Good evil salvation
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
(01-23-2009 11:12 AM)smellycat Wrote:  unfortunately the wolves take charge and start wars again.common theme.
if you read on they killed 45 last month in a catholic church,they don,t sound very christian.wolves again.

did you really just quote yourself?
01-24-2009, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2009 10:05 AM by Pilgrim.)
Don't make the mistake of identifying those who commit attrocities in the name of Christ as Christians. It is by the exhibition of the fruits of the Spirit in action that true disciples of Christ are identified. That is how God identifies them and woe will betide those who commit such monstrosities in His name claiming to be His people.

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
01-24-2009, 09:57 AM
If by "fruits of the spirit" you mean "evidence from their actions" - yes, you have it exactly as I see it. So many very bad actions have been justified by "claiming" that "God is on our side". I think that when people are saying this, they are often talking too much to eachother and getting approval from other humans, and not spending enough time thinking, paying attention to actual Christian principles, and trying to act as they know God would actually approve. Seeking God's approval for actions is very different than requesting guidance and direction I think.

We've had many leaders in the world slaughter people because they thought God approved.
01-24-2009, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2009 10:13 AM by Pilgrim.)
(01-24-2009 09:57 AM)twenty-two20 Wrote:  If by "fruits of the spirit" you mean "evidence from their actions" - yes, you have it exactly as I see it. So many very bad actions have been justified by "claiming" that "God is on our side". I think that when people are saying this, they are often talking too much to eachother and getting approval from other humans, and not spending enough time thinking, paying attention to actual Christian principles, and trying to act as they know God would actually approve. Seeking God's approval for actions is very different than requesting guidance and direction I think.

We've had many leaders in the world slaughter people because they thought God approved.
*Nods* I limit my answers on this thread to Christians only. They certainly are when a living relationship with Christ is not present. When it is, then I would have to say that the two elements must be present and working in concert. As to what constitutes the 'Fruits of the Spirit' I believe they are stated in the New Testement by Paul. Smile

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)