capital punishment
05-02-2010, 12:56 AM
capital punishment
what are your views on capital punishment (death penalty)?Praise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2010, 04:22 AM
RE: capital punishment
(05-02-2010 12:56 AM)djb069 Wrote:  what are your views on capital punishment (death penalty)?Praise

I would say that it is absolutely fine as long as the God you believe in is the one to pass sentence on you.

????????????????
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2010 07:46 AM by Muhammad Emmad.)
Well, Being a Muslim, I'll say that we must follow the teachings of Quran and Sunnah in this regard. It has to be the last option where there is no other way. If Quran and Sunnah ask for the death penalty for committing a certain crime then it must be fulfilled.

One to One live Quran classes
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
(06-16-2010 07:43 AM)Muhammad Emmad Wrote:  Well, Being a Muslim, I'll say that we must follow the teachings of Quran and Sunnah in this regard. It has to be the last option where there is no other way. If Quran and Sunnah ask for the death penalty for committing a certain crime then it must be fulfilled.

And who decides whether a person has committed that crime...............MAN
OR GOD. If man decides then he is usurping GOD.................If god decides who is to convey his decision.

????????????????
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
(06-16-2010 07:43 AM)Muhammad Emmad Wrote:  Well, Being a Muslim, I'll say that we must follow the teachings of Quran and Sunnah in this regard. It has to be the last option where there is no other way. If Quran and Sunnah ask for the death penalty for committing a certain crime then it must be fulfilled.

I just got this off the Internet on capital punishment in the Quran:

"The second crime for which capital punishment can be applied is a bit more open to interpretation. "Spreading mischief in the land" can mean many different things, but is generally interpreted to mean those crimes that affect the community as a whole, and destabilize the society. Crimes that have fallen under this description have included:

* Treason / Apostacy (when one leaves the faith and joins the enemy in fighting against the Muslim community)
* Terrorism
* Land, sea, or air piracy
* Rape
* Adultery
* Homosexual behavior"

There is tremendous room for interpretation on who deserves to die in this arrangement: For example, I could easily be accused of "spreading mischief in the land" if I spoke or wrote my Biomystical Christian beliefs in a Muslim dominated country. If I claimed to be a Christian in a Muslim dominated country invaded by American forces I could be accused of aiding the enemy of the Muslim community because many Muslims believe the Christian Right rules America (Zionists do of course, but that's another matter..Wink) If several of my friends who are homosexual publicly claimed their sexual orientation in a Muslim country they could be killed, a policy in line with all the fundamentalist Abrahamic religions which continue forever the ancient Jewish war against the Greeks, a major cultural and religious competitor. Homosexuality will never go away because God, the real deal, has made our world in such a way that homosexual behavior patterns are inherent in all human population groups, running about 10% worldwide of every ethnic group. So Muslims want to kill off 10% of humanity. Well, the Christians wanted this too and so did the ancient Jews and did they succeed? Believing in irrational religious beliefs will never create a truly humane civilization but then again perhaps Muslims and fundamentalist Christians and Jews don't want a humane society. And Muslims are keeping the old stoning traditions going which are the opposite of humanitarian wisdom.
06-16-2010, 02:24 PM
(05-02-2010 12:56 AM)djb069 Wrote:  what are your views on capital punishment (death penalty)?Praise

The problem with capital punishment is that it can't be undone if there was an error in the trial which resulted in an incorrect (or unjust) verdict of death.

Perhaps there needs to be a redefintion of capital punishment? What might be an alternative to the death penalty, but that might have the same outcome? That is, it results in permanent removal of the convicted person from society, and from any human contact.

Inducing a permanently drugged state? (could be undone, but not without some possibility of mental/physical damage)

Frontal lobotomy? (could not be undone but the person is not dead, either).
06-17-2010, 04:33 AM
(06-16-2010 08:01 AM)kevlar Wrote:  

OR GOD. If man decides then he is usurping GOD.................If god decides who is to convey his decision.

Well obviously, the proof of crime has to be given by the man, God has given us all the guidance through Quran and his Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Quran teaches to do justice in any case. Islam doesn't permit to punish anyone straightaway without any proof. There has to be a solid proof of the crime that has been committed and only then one can be punished. Death penalty is the last resort and is the punishment for the most severe crime a man can comitt.

06-17-2010, 05:13 AM
(06-17-2010 04:33 AM)Muhammad Emmad Wrote:  
(06-16-2010 08:01 AM)kevlar Wrote:  

Well obviously, the proof of crime has to be given by the man, God has given us all the guidance through Quran and his Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Quran teaches to do justice in any case. Islam doesn't permit to punish anyone straightaway without any proof. There has to be a solid proof of the crime that has been committed and only then one can be punished. Death penalty is the last resort and is the punishment for the most severe crime a man can comitt.

You're still not addressing the reality that when you are using 7th century Arabic cultural moral standards to judge 21st century behavior, you are contributing to the evil of harming innocents, e.g. harming lovers in love who brave breaking their bad marriage contracts, e.g. harming innocent gay people just because they are part of the worldwide 10% of most every ethnic social group. There's no real justice when you are using ancient laws to hurt innocent peoples today. In the West we learned the hard way that religious laws end up as the worse ones for society, inflicting far too much pain and misery on innocents. Secular democratic laws developed to protect the human rights of individuals from the tyranny of religious persecution. This is something Muslim societies following Sharia Law have yet to learn and are still inflicting their seriously outdated and immoral ideas on their populations.
06-17-2010, 05:32 PM
I will follow the teachings of Jesus on this one:

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone"

Or more in line with modern day means to kill: "He who is without sin, should pull the trigger"
06-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Well, as I am Muslim, so for me Quran & sunnah is the ultimate guidance which can lead us to the right decision. Captil punishment does exist in religion but Only when the person accused has been proved as guilty of the crime and that the level of the crime is such that there is no other way than capital punishment.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)