Poll: What do you believe in?
God and Chrisian values
God but not Christian values
Christian values but not God
Neither God or Christain values
I don't know
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
christian without God
10-19-2008, 05:19 PM
christian without God
I've always tried to be a good person and it's not always been easy. As I look on all my values and beliefs I can see that they are very similar to christians, with one minor glich: No God!

Its not that I don't want to, I think it would be nice if I was accepting enough to believe but I'm not. I can't see how a God could be up there controlling (or watching) everything, it just makes no sense to me.

I would love to be able to go to a church and get the support that it brings to be a member of that community but I disagree with everything they say about God.

Basically, I want to start a new religion, something that believes in all the values of Christianity without the faith and God part! Yes, I know, that's what Christianity's about, God. But personally, I think a lot of people would benefit from the sense of community and friendship that Churches bring but most of us just don't believe in God.

Anyone else?Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2008, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2008 01:38 AM by sesame.)
RE: christian without God
if u ve a deep knowledge in biology or scince u will know this great universe of course has a creator....or who create u .....u didn't think once what is the spoul how it comes?......
The God said in his holly book Quran:-
"Verily we have honoured the children of Adam. We carry them on the land and the sea, and have made provision of good things for them, and have preferred them above many of those whom We created with a marked preferment. (17:70)"
any question i'm with u for any enterpretation
10-26-2008, 07:01 AM
Thats all well and good if you believe that the Quran is true. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a sceptic and I can't see how it could be but its your religious view and I respect that. It's not what God said though, its what someone heard God say and there is a big difference!

I believe that we're all here because of a fabulous series of coincedences! I know that nobody knows how it happened and everyone has different ideas so really, it could have been anything and that includes a creator.
10-26-2008, 10:15 AM
dear rainbow,
u don't know that science every day prove that what in Quran is true...
by the way, Quran is not scintific book.. this book came to organize the life in the proper way....but scintific miracles in his verses r for our age which dosen't admit except by science..
now i ve to go and we can complete later ..ok...bye
salam
10-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Looking at any holy book will just let you see the story of the world from their side of the story, from their views and I've got to say, a lot of those views are not so sensible. I believe that animals shouldn't be eaten whereas there are a lot of religions that eat meat as part of their worship, it is a completely individual thing.

You are telling me that the Quran is true and that we should follow it's teachings, that is what you believe. I am saying that I don't think there is a God but I support Christians and the community that they have, that is what I believe. Neither of us are wrong, as it is our beliefs and they can't be wrong unless there is evidence that they are, there isn't!

Thank you for contributing but I feel that you are beng very closed minded, we all see the world in different ways.
10-27-2008, 03:33 AM
"closed minded"....by the way, i know more than u about all religions and non religious ppl and say in the end colse minded!!!!..
i feel sorry towards u that ur knowledge is limited which delivered u to that stage ....
try to read why they choose islam....may be wide ur knowledge as has happened to those who choose it...
10-28-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry I don't really understnd but can you please not be so aggressive towards me. I am a teenage girl, I don't expect or believe myself to know everything about religion adn you probably do know more than me on this subject! I started a topic about whether anyone else believes in Christian values but not God and you started an argument about the Quran! I'm not going to reply anymore on this topic as I will probably just continue the argument if I do.
10-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry you got the reaction you did. When we believe very deeply in something, it often makes it difficult for us to talk sensibly to others who don't.

What you are looking for is called "secular humanism". It is ethics without God. Google the term to find hundreds of sites. I believe in God so it's not for me but there are lots of intelligent, caring people in that community. Good luck in your search.
10-28-2008, 05:04 PM
thank you so much Big Grin
11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
if you consider yourself christian then you know there is a god up there dont you?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Christian "God" no one should believe in ! AOYCascade 76 1,726 04-24-2017 09:09 AM
Last Post: FilmFlaneur
  Does God forget a Christian's Sins...? Hobie 8 1,167 10-27-2012 09:21 PM
Last Post: URAVIP2ME
  Does God Hate Christian Music? Flipper 21 2,978 04-27-2011 05:15 AM
Last Post: Flipper
  Christian Scientists are declaring the Koran is from God!. sesame 2 1,009 10-20-2009 02:01 AM
Last Post: sesame

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)