Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
converted to Islam because of women’s rights in Islam!
04-18-2010, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2010 04:19 AM by sesame.)
converted to Islam because of women’s rights in Islam!
Laura Rodriguez, a Spanish, converted to Islam because of women’s rights in Islam. Among her motives to become Muslim, she mentioned the followings: “Islam gave me the rights not given by Catholicism,” Ms. Rodriguez had reportedly said, and listed these as “individual liberty, legal rights, the right to education, the right to employment and the right to sexuality.”

She criticized the world’s medias position towards Islam and Muslims and said that she will try her best defending Muslims in Spain.

Laura Rodriguez is the representative of Spain’s Muslim women
Born a Catholic and educated in Catholic schools, Laura Rodriguez converted to Islam and now represents Spanish Muslim women. She believes that Catholicism restricts women’s rights.

she said in details :-
“Islam gave me the rights not given by Catholicism, like individual liberty, legal rights, the right to education, the right to employment and the right to sexuality,” said Rodriguez, the president of the Muslim Women’s Union in Spain.
“Women cannot communicate directly with God in the Catholic religion. They have no rights to sexuality. Their mission is to give birth to children,” she added. “[Catholic] women have no right to divorce. Birth control is forbidden by Catholicism.”

Until recently, Spanish women needed the official consent of their husbands to open a bank account, noted Yusuf Fernandez Ordonez, the secretary of the Muslim Federation of Spain, or FEME, of which Rodriguez’s organization is an affiliate.
http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2010/0...en-by.html

For every evil under the sun, there is a remedy or there is non.
if there's one, try to find it. if there's none, never mind it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2010, 07:24 AM
RE: converted to Islam because of women’s rights in Islam!
I and my traveling companion, Bridgit who wears a Christian cross, just got back from Cairo where the dominant religion is Islam. When we went places and smiled at the locals we noticed the Muslim women in hijab/burkas wouldn't smile at us but the younger women without the Muslim women's uniform did. In a downtown circular mall we had delicious food and there were dozens of shops going up about 12 floors, but all of them men's shops. Only a corner of one shop had women's articles. Men wouldn't include women in their talking with us--they would talk to me then maybe Bridgit when she piped up in her uppity American woman way. It's a man's world in the Middle East where Islam rules the strongest. It will be Muslim women who can and will bring Islamic culture up to New Millennium standards but for now the women's place in most of Islam is that of second-class citizens from what both of us saw in Egypt. Why are veiled Muslim women being taught to be so dour to strangers while the unveiled ones are friendly like most of the Egyptian men?
04-18-2010, 08:42 AM
(04-18-2010 04:12 AM)sesame Wrote:  Laura Rodriguez, a Spanish, converted to Islam because of women’s rights in Islam. Among her motives to become Muslim, she mentioned the followings: “Islam gave me the rights not given by Catholicism,” Ms. Rodriguez had reportedly said, and listed these as “individual liberty, legal rights, the right to education, the right to employment and the right to sexuality.”

She criticized the world’s medias position towards Islam and Muslims and said that she will try her best defending Muslims in Spain.

Laura Rodriguez is the representative of Spain’s Muslim women
Born a Catholic and educated in Catholic schools, Laura Rodriguez converted to Islam and now represents Spanish Muslim women. She believes that Catholicism restricts women’s rights.

she said in details :-
“Islam gave me the rights not given by Catholicism, like individual liberty, legal rights, the right to education, the right to employment and the right to sexuality,” said Rodriguez, the president of the Muslim Women’s Union in Spain.
“Women cannot communicate directly with God in the Catholic religion. They have no rights to sexuality. Their mission is to give birth to children,” she added. “[Catholic] women have no right to divorce. Birth control is forbidden by Catholicism.”

Until recently, Spanish women needed the official consent of their husbands to open a bank account, noted Yusuf Fernandez Ordonez, the secretary of the Muslim Federation of Spain, or FEME, of which Rodriguez’s organization is an affiliate.
http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2010/0...en-by.html

WOW...............how long has this woman been a convert................and more importantly you are comparing 1 paternalistic society with another.
Irrelevant.

????????????????
04-18-2010, 09:10 AM
*biomystic*
muslim woman can reply the smile to another woman either muslim or not but not for any man except her hubby or father , brother...
did u notice any one compell her to not to smile to u??? i think no one but her faith which order her to not smile to any strange man except her relatives!! while the women whose faith is weak those who smiled to u.
so it is not man controlled society. it is modesty and religion which women choose it like men choose it. that religion which the spainsh woman chose it for the above reasons, hope u read the topic well again!

04-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Perhaps you can tell us sesame why it is wrong to look at or smile or talk to a man. And do not say because Muhammad said. Islam has reasons for their laws, yes? So tell us the reason that Muslim women can't look at, smile at or talk to a man, not already related to them.

????????????????
04-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Kevalr
i think u know that "the man is an eye and the woman is an ear"...and men naturally tend to make relations with women, but plz don't say no!...sure u know why?
and if the woman opened the door for a man by first smiling then talking then likeing then admireing then love then dating in public then the matter end in the bedroom....then man get bored and try to change another woman!!...and woman get lost in that way...coz she hanged hopes on a man then man by nature love change and escapes from woman to another..i think it is very obvious in west, also plz don't say no! coz in that moment u would decieve urself not me!!
woman nature tend to stabilty with one man through a family....
hope u get me right, coz i should go now ..the bell is ringing
salam

04-18-2010, 10:56 AM
(04-18-2010 10:39 AM)sesame Wrote:  Kevalr
i think u know that "the man is an eye and the woman is an ear"...and men naturally tend to make relations with women, but plz don't say no!...sure u know why?
and if the woman opened the door for a man by first smiling then talking then likeing then admireing then love then dating in public then the matter end in the bedroom....then man get bored and try to change another woman!!...and woman get lost in that way...coz she hanged hopes on a man then man by nature love change and escapes from woman to another..i think it is very obvious in west, also plz don't say no! coz in that moment u would decieve urself not me!!
salam

Why in the world would any of that happen, in the western world, boys and girls, men and women talk to each other and don't end up in the bedroom, what an absolutely stupid idea. What your saying is "Man can't control his urges" well in my world we do and have done for ever. If muslim men are all rapists and philanderers, then it is muslim men who need control, not muslim women.

????????????????
04-18-2010, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2010 01:23 PM by biomystic.)
(04-18-2010 10:56 AM)kevlar Wrote:  
(04-18-2010 10:39 AM)sesame Wrote:  Kevalr
salam

Why in the world would any of that happen, in the western world, boys and girls, men and women talk to each other and don't end up in the bedroom, what an absolutely stupid idea. What your saying is "Man can't control his urges" well in my world we do and have done for ever. If muslim men are all rapists and philanderers, then it is muslim men who need control, not muslim women.

Sesame, it was Bridgit who received the most glares from veiled Muslim women, not me. And here's some history about Egypt that should make every Muslim woman think again about the patriarchal prejudice Islam has brought them and their loss of social status in Islamic society where we could see that most everywhere it was men running the show except for cooking in the home.

"Herodotus reported in the 5th century B.C. that Egyptians were unusually respective of women-more so than other nations."-the author of "Resurrection", Tucker Malarkey thinks Isis worship was the reason why."

When the Divine Feminine is excluded from the Godhead, women will suffer the consequences of exclusion from society as equals with men.
04-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:Why in the world would any of that happen, in the western world, boys and girls, men and women talk to each other and don't end up in the bedroom
i think u decieve no one but urself, if u remeber the contraversy between the republic party and the democratic one when they argued about how to deal with the problem in schools about the spreading pregnancy in schools of America!!... republic said: we should teach morals while democratic said : distribute condomns!!!!!.....
Cheers.

04-22-2010, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2010 09:21 AM by kevlar.)
(04-22-2010 08:16 AM)sesame Wrote:  
Quote:Why in the world would any of that happen, in the western world, boys and girls, men and women talk to each other and don't end up in the bedroom
i think u decieve no one but urself, if u remeber the contraversy between the republic party and the democratic one when they argued about how to deal with the problem in schools about the spreading pregnancy in schools of America!!... republic said: we should teach morals while democratic said : distribute condomns!!!!!.....
Cheers.

sesame do not call me a liar.................I have lived in a civilised western country for over half a century, I grew up in a family of 8, I have brought up 2 perfectly decent children (who are both over 30yrs) I have seen all of my family and extended family do the same with 3 generations of descendants. That amounts to somewhere near 100 people. Never assume to tell me what happens in a civilised western country.
Because basically you have a knowledge base equivalent to zero when compared to mine.

????????????????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is Islam peaceful? maamran 29 419 Today 06:16 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  Islam (Muslim) Honor killings -- should it be honored? moveez 23 747 10-09-2017 12:32 AM
Last Post: Par5
  Dogs in Islam Spera 17 721 06-19-2017 07:13 PM
Last Post: PeterPants
  Is Islam a Religion of Hatred? Secular Hobbit 53 5,833 03-20-2017 11:45 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Why is Islam (Muslim) a Religion and Political System? moveez 11 549 03-11-2017 11:58 AM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  Islam a violent religion? jeager 60 2,519 01-27-2017 02:33 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Did Islam take things from other religious traditions? TwentyCats 17 951 12-10-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: KAYSER
  The rise of Islam Liberated 90 2,379 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: muhammad_isa
  Pagan God's and Goddesses hate radical Islam PopeADope 60 2,257 07-04-2016 05:25 PM
Last Post: use your brain
  islam vs christianity debate mobkem 705 92,378 06-22-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: Klang

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)